+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Topic: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

Re: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

"The LORD our God spake unto us in Horeb, saying, Ye have dwelt long enough in this mount: 7 Turn you, and take your journey, and go to the mount of the Amorites, and unto all the places nigh thereunto, .... 8 Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land ...." In this month of November; whatever your mountain is, God shall take you to the land where you shall posses your possessions

Guys help oo.. I got a mail form SCB dat i should schedule masef for d fone interview bt wen i loggd in2 d site, dey said dat all slots have been occupied..does dis means i have lot d interview??

dey wuld say they told u to always check their website

it depends on what they say if they said you should check back then no wahala all the spaces has just been filed for now then

Quote Originally Posted by ochers View Post
    just checked my mail...i've been scheduled 4 a phone interview next week friday...ighoeve thanks once again 4 ur help @ d aptitude test stage
    oga ochers, ur username sounds like Orisha to me. are u a demi god wey people dey worship? anyway,to you and others who have been invited for the phone thingy, i am happy to let you all know that i instructed somebody to jot down all the questions asked during his or her igp interview. i have these questions and i am willing to dash them to somebody, preferably an active forum member or many active forum members.

i am sure you all might have been hinted on these questions, otherwise let me know the medium through which the questions should be passed down...by the way, i am not too sure, but your interviewer should be an Indian chick with one kind thick ugly accent that made my friend go mad..hahahahah..so beware of the accent..but no tell am say her accent ugly and bad o..dem reject my pardi because of that.yepa..the guy mouth too big, but him no send.

at least those who long did their interviews, but did not want the interview questions to be made public can now hit their heads on the wall or get me arrested or fly down here and fight me or generally throw stones or ......hahahahahah.

the goal is to get at least one forum member into the igp; the forum member wwould in return offer some first hand, classified and priceless advice to other people who also want the join the igp. it is like a win win situation..hahaha

Yours truly
    Ighoeve

ochers is just my nickname...u can d interview questions here if u want it public...abi make i buzz u on ur email?...who can give me a sample of dis interview question WHY WHOLESALE BANKING...@ighoeve any idea on how d interviewers number will be like?

It would be great if we could get hold of dis info,but I must confess if na Indian accent den we re in deep shit ,bcos dey no fit speak well.

ochers is just my nickname...u can d interview questions here if u want it public...abi make i buzz u on ur email?...who can give me a sample of dis interview question WHY WHOLESALE BANKING...@ighoeve any idea on how d interviewers number will be like?
    the people that were interviewed last week, last month and so on said they had just one interviewer..so, i guess u should expect one clueless HR officer asking you why this and why that

why wholesale banking is similar to why investment banking....for a well structured answer to the latter, please listen to http://www.mergersandinquisitions.com/how-to-tell-your-story-investment-banking-interviews

Below's a list of the most recent SCB's IGP interview questions compiled by several selfless peeps who were recently phone-interviewed by SCB. May God bless these peeps for taking the stress to write down the questions. May their ways be pure, Amen!

I know that the questions are haphazardly typed and not correctly grouped into different sections (it's my fault, I was in a haste). I therefore regret any inconvenience this could cause any reader..

On a positive note, I am 95% sure that 100% of these questions will be repeated in your various interviews with SCB for the IGP. But forum members, kindly do the house a favour by letting us know whether these questions were helpful and what should be added.

Enjoy the reading!

Yours truly,
    Ighoeve, SM.

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********

Tell me about a time you had to develop relationships with others.
    What are you learning that will help you in your work with us?
    What are your three main strengths?
    Tell me about your academic and social life.
    What are the most important things to you in a job?
    How would your friends describe you?
    What is unique about Standard Chartered Bank?
    What was the bank’s closing stock price yesterday (this one go kill you if u no no am)? How many exchanges is the bank listed?
    Tell us how you have dealt with people with different cultures? What was your strategy?
    What challenges are banks facing and how do these challenges affect SCB moving forward?
    What risks does SCB face? How can these risks be mitigated?
    Where do you see SCB in five years time? Where do you see yourself in five years time? Where do you see yourself in SCB five years from now?
    In the next five years, what should standard chartered do to grow as a company?
    Why IGP? Why SCB? What are our footprints?
    Do you have any experience communicating/dealing with people on an international basis?
    An example when you persevered through a struggle?
    An example when you helped somebody else overcome a struggle
    Tell me something about ur self
    Why SCB and not its competitors? What do you know about the program?
    Why do you want to apply for this program?
    How is the bank performing in your country?
    What is the biggest risk banks are facing?
    Where does Standard Chartered Bank earn most of its revenue?
    What are your strengths? How do you think your strength will help SCB?
    Tell a time when you handled a project? How did you manage am?
    How do you handle different people?
    What are the key markets for Standard Chartered Bank?
    Give a situation where you handled difficult people? How did you handle it?
    How would Current Events affect our Performance, Standard Chartered Bank’s Performance?
    If you were to give somebody a piece of advice, what is most important when working with different, diverse people?
    Tell me about a situation where you communication something clearly to people
    Tell me about a situation when you had to persuade or influence somebody to achieve your goal. Where you demonstrated Leadership. Motivated People to take Action. Convince people to Share your Views.
    Tell me about a situation when you had to work with a difficult person—Team Work Disagreement--- A time when you have overcome Opposing View to achieve an objective
    Tell me about a time when you had to Approach a Complex Piece of Work and How did you do it? Give an example of a time when you had to overcome difficulties or challenges to be successful and how did you do it?
    Are you entrepreneurial?
    Give an example of how you worked on a Team Work?
    What attracts you to a career in this industry?
    Why did you select your university?
    What courses have you liked most?
    Describe a situation in which it was difficult to obtain information
    you needed, and how you managed to be successful.
    Describe an instance in which you had a Significant Impact on a Situation
    Tell me a time when you improved something.
    Negotiating
    Examples of making a mistake
    What gets you moving when you are down and out?
    When you successfully persuaded a group of people or a team to agree with you.
    A time when you were successful
    A time you were Unsuccessful/Failed to achieve something
    A problem that you resolved
    A conflict that you resolved
    Communication, when you had to give a Presentation to a group of people
    What you have done in the past?
    Skills gained from your previous experience?
    CAREER GOALS
    Why should we hire you to join the IGP? Tell us about Your dark weaknesses.. Your greatest achievement and-----I forgot the last one.

Final section, any question for the interviewer? My advice: do not ask 'will i qualify for the second round?' Just do your best to connect with the interviewer, but don't suck up. I beg you!

@ighoeve... thanks man i really appreciate ur help...so any idea on how d interviewers number would look like?

Quote Originally Posted by ighoeve View Post
    oga ochers, ur username sounds like Orisha to me. are u a demi god wey people dey worship? anyway,to you and others who have been invited for the phone thingy, i am happy to let you all know that i instructed somebody to jot down all the questions asked during his or her igp interview. i have these questions and i am willing to dash them to somebody, preferably an active forum member or many active forum members.

i am sure you all might have been hinted on these questions, otherwise let me know the medium through which the questions should be passed down...by the way, i am not too sure, but your interviewer should be an Indian chick with one kind thick ugly accent that made my friend go mad..hahahahah..so beware of the accent..but no tell am say her accent ugly and bad o..dem reject my pardi because of that.yepa..the guy mouth too big, but him no send.

at least those who long did their interviews, but did not want the interview questions to be made public can now hit their heads on the wall or get me arrested or fly down here and fight me or generally throw stones or ......hahahahahah.

the goal is to get at least one forum member into the igp; the forum member wwould in return offer some first hand, classified and priceless advice to other people who also want the join the igp. it is like a win win situation..hahaha

Yours truly
    Ighoeve
    ehm ighoeve, you can as well upload the interview questions here for your boys to download/practice. I aslo need the online test questions. Thanks. yours truely, chinex.

@ighoeve... thanks man i really appreciate ur help...so any idea on how d interviewers number would look like?
    hey, i don't get u.. do u mean the interviewer's phone number or the number of interviewers? if the interviewer's phone number, then it is gonna show unknown number or private number 01191. that was what i was told by people who had their phone interviews some weeks ago. the number of interviewers, on the other hand, should be 1; for example, one clueless HR officer using an ugly accent to ask u the above questions . again, i got this info from people who interviewed a few weeks ago.

i hope my response now clears the air.

Hahaha lol,I can't belive dis ,all in d name of job.them dey vex.u self try ,how U take remember all dis,well sha all won't b asked frm 1 person.

+ Reply
Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast