+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Topic: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

Re: Standard Chartered bank 2012.--International Graduate Programme

If u try it they will ban u from applying for years

after all dis wahala,dis peopl beta not pay 150k.

Quote Originally Posted by kazal View Post
    after all dis wahala,dis peopl beta not pay 150k.
    The very sad truth of the matter is that thousands of quality graduates will happily jump at the offer, even if SCB decides to pay 98K per month. It is far far better than roaming the streets of major cities without any job. I know a couple of people who are still roaming the streets with their first class honours BSc degrees plus abroad master's degrees plus professional qualifications plus plus plus just think about it. Such people will jump at any offer that gives them the chance to earn a living.

That is usually the sad story whenever jobs are in high demand and labour, especially skilled labour, is in high supply. In such a situation, people are ready to accept any wage. Some will even beg to get jobs, while some will work for FREE in hopes of being absorbed into the company. E no easy.

Now, to answer your question, the major Naija chick I know who started from the IGP level at SCB started on 50K Dollars per annum. She got in around 2006-2007. She started before the financial crisis and so her fine BSc and abroad master's still had value then. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of the current economic climate; the current economic climate is just too harsh. Employers have become very very picky, just as you too would become very picky on the chicks you would roll with in the event that you suddenly became the CEO of JP Morgan. Think about this..

Everyone to his own sha..But my point is, employers now act as price givers..They dictate whatever they want; they hire and fire as they like. Na only God go help us.

Nonetheless, there is hope! And a huge, hope at that. So, we must not give up.

I remain yours truly,
    Ighoeve, SM.

The very sad truth of the matter is that thousands of quality graduates will happily jump at the offer, even if SCB decides to pay 98K per month. It is far far better than roaming the streets of major cities without any job. I know a couple of people who are still roaming the streets with their first class honours BSc degrees plus abroad master's degrees plus professional qualifications plus plus plus just think about it. Such people will jump at any offer that gives them the chance to earn a living.

That is usually the sad story whenever jobs are in high demand and labour, especially skilled labour, is in high supply. In such a situation, people are ready to accept any wage. Some will even beg to get jobs, while some will work for FREE in hopes of being absorbed into the company. E no easy.

Now, to answer your question, the major Naija chick I know who started from the IGP level at SCB started on 50K Dollars per annum. She got in around 2006-2007. She started before the financial crisis and so her fine BSc and abroad master's still had value then. Unfortunately the same cannot be said of the current economic climate; the current economic climate is just too harsh. Employers have become very very picky, just as you too would become very picky on the chicks you would roll with in the event that you suddenly became the CEO of JP Morgan. Think about this..

Everyone to his own sha..But my point is, employers now act as price givers..They dictate whatever they want; they hire and fire as they like. Na only God go help us.

Nonetheless, there is hope! And a huge, hope at that. So, we must not give up.

I remain yours truly,
    Ighoeve, SM.

based on my research i was made to realize dat they value their IGP recruits n pay them in the range of 46k-60k per annum and pay for their CFA l1 exam or refund it to them if they have already passed it. I know a guy who is presently an IGP staff ,but just as u will expect ur peopl to behave,he is not ready to divulge any details or even help out others trying to come in.A friend also missed out at the very last stage last year.

For all of y'all info, the gross salary 4 igp irrespective of unit is 4.8milli p.a, do d math 4 after tax. Yea very true bout d cfa sponsorship n refund, but only if u r in wholesale banking. There r a lot of incentives, overseas travels n d whole lot.
    Ur friend was right by not disclosin d salary package, trust me, u'd do d same wen u get der, esp after signin all d confidentiality agreements.
    U really donot appreciate d level of competition 4 dese slots, even staffs try 2 get into d igp.
    The best thing is to give it all ur best, and get d job b4 finkin too much about d pay.
    Trust me, at november, d race is just gettin started. Wen it Jan/Feb, u shud knw ur fates by den.

JM.

Plus, d salary increases after d programme. Goodluck to y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by kazal View Post
    based on my research i was made to realize dat they value their IGP recruits n pay them in the range of 46k-60k per annum and pay for their CFA l1 exam or refund it to them if they have already passed it. I know a guy who is presently an IGP staff ,but just as u will expect ur peopl to behave,he is not ready to divulge any details or even help out others trying to come in.A friend also missed out at the very last stage last year.
    I think 50k USD falls in the very wide range that your contact gave you. The person gave you that range because he/she did not want you to correctly guess his actual salary. hahahaha. Anyway sha, if you beat the more than 15000 people that you will be competing against for the job, then expect to get around 50k USD per annum..The CFA thingy you spoke about is very true for wholesale bankers. Just jack and pass CFA for free. hahahaha. Good one.

SCB is a good place to work, no doubt. Even the chick I know there is doing big girl hahhaah. Anyway, she is still submissive to the right people sha..She no dey fear..

Finally, the only time you can describe that guy, who is an IGP staff, as a typical Nigerian is when he is your 'real main guy', but he decides to keep every vital secret to himself...You know, it is only one's main main people that can help one with some secret. Others don't want you to compete with them..Some may even give you misleading information just so you do not get to their levels.

As most of you might have already known, in life there are many hidden information that people keep to themselves and never divulge..This gives them a competitive advantage over others..It is only your true person that can tell you how he really did something..There is usually more to every big acheivement in life than people are ready to say..Think about it and you will agree with me.

My prayer sha is for someone on this forum to get the IGP thingy. We already heard exemplary success stories of some forum member, a young senior member, who was literally stalked by several big multinational companies. We need to hear more stories like that..Hearing such stories make us know that our efforts are yielding results..

So guys, go all out and do your best..We need to hear more of the excellent stories. And the next excellent story should be from you and about you!

I will do my best to ensure that I am a party to your respective excellent stories.

I remain yours truly,
    Ighoeve, SM.

PS: London and New York, or Europe and US based Naijans who have graduate degrees in quantitative science courses, 2 years work experience and are interested in a career in trading should please send me a message..There is a boutique investment bank, with offices in America, Asia and Europe, that is currently recruiting traders..The deadline is almost near..Sorry for the last info, but u can still do something OOOO..

Goodluck to all those who have been invited for the telephone interview.

My 1 hr phone interview is scheduled for mid next week and i just applied like 2 weeks back . i'm in malaysia so i think they are calling people in the diaspora first - not sure tho

has anybody apart from d HR applicants done his phone interview?

@ighoeve, charlybobo, kainos_k n neyo99...wats up?

@ all, is the application still on?

+ Reply
Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast