+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: NDIC OR PTDF

NDIC OR PTDF

I av the option of choosing between NDIC or PTDF overseas schorlarship.Which do i go for? Am in a dilema
    G

Re: NDIC OR PTDF

Two hundred and twenty nine people viewed your comment with no reply, why? I guess they really dont know what to say since you didnt state the course you are going for in the United Kingdom and what your first degree was so as to know if NDIC was a better option . . .

he is right you have to state your course of study. i dnt knw about ndic but i hav a frnd who is going for the scholarship too and she just got a job with a parastatal like ndic.you could approach your organisation to see if an arrangement can be made.my frnd is a lawyer and her course of study will be beneficial to the organisation where she got the job.GOODLUCK

@ onmy T-CANN wants u to help him check d list in NDIC if his name is there or not .please him and others . God will surely guide u 2 make d right choice

I studired accounting @ undergraduate level.Now am offered energy finance by PTDF.
    NDIC offered me MA1.
    What next?
    G

Sorry all for the typographical error "studied"
    G

It's a tough choice but if i were you, i'll take the PTDF. You can never go wrong with a masters degree. It will give you the competitive edge in the long run. Check the costs...NDIC will not pay you more than 2.5 million naira per annum. The cheapest you can get for tuition in the UK is 10,000 pounds (over 2.3 million naira) and your living expenses for a year will amount to about the same amount (including educational resources) totaling over 4.6 million naira. Don't throw that away. More opportunities will be at your beck and call when you're done with your masters degree.

If you make up your mind to go for PTDF, try to discuss with the hr dept @ NDIC to see what possibilities/opportunities may be available when you return. If they don't budge, forget about them and forge ahead.
    Grace upon grace...I'm favoured.

@onmy
    Have you worked b4 prior to this your NDIC offer?
    NDIC offered you MA1, that is an assistant manager level if am right, pls sign your offer letter and stuck to your offer.
    Why? You don't have an idea what NDIC holds for you until you re in, I have friends who have finished their foreign masters and are back in naija looking for jobs like eveyone else, my own bro came back from a masters and took him months to settle in a job, thank God for some old friends!
    What am I saying? With NDiC job, you eat your cake and have it, just do some 2/3 yrs in the org and you have saved enuf to sponsor your masters by yourself, moreso, you can always win another scholarship, but jobs are not easy to come by like that, even with your m.sc. With NDiC, you clock work exp and earn enough to be comfortable to leave the job and get your M.sc, on coming back, your exp garnered b4 going for the MSc will speak for you, coupled with the fact that you may get a study leave but that will be when you ve resumed in there and comfirmed!
    In conclusion, prat to God about it and consult widely, but one thing is sure, NDIC opportunity is almost once in a lifetime, just like CBN, if not why did the lobbyists almost truncated the process if there's nothing to working in NDIC?
    A word is enuf....

Pls pardon my typos!

T-cann u were a bomb in your advice.Did you see my mail 2 u and the phone number?Sorry that was the best i could do for now because of absence of time.Am presently working in a bank and hope to resign soonest.i av just three years of experience.Only God knows the best of choices.
    I just hope I would regret because it seems NDIC is juicy.
    G

The studuy leave T-cann mentioned is the most interesting part and I would suggest you take the NDIC offer. Friends that work at CBN get this study leave as well and the bank gets to pay for all your expenses while away for a study leave but you must have worked for over 10 years, I stand to be corrected though . . .

Dont know if NDIC also operates at this level. Do a background check on NDIC to weigh your options . . .

Goodluck in your final decision, may God guide you through!!!

NDIC job is a once in a life time Opportunity as earlier said by TCANN.

MSC oversees is no longer working properly in Nigeria. SO many people now have MSc from UK.

NDIC job is ahead of any PTDF Scholarship to study in Britain.

If you are to study in MIT or Harvard for example then i will advice you go 4 the PTDF.

It took me nearly 2yrs after studying a lucrative MSC in UK to get a befitting job here in Naija.

NDIC job is better than PTDF scholarship to study in UK.

You can as well pray about it cos God might have other plans for you.
    This advice is based on my recent experience.

GOODLUCK.

Thanks house, your contributions have been very insightful to say the least.Naijahotjobs is the best.
    G

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast