+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Topic: Invitation for PwC verification test

Re: Invitation for PwC verification test

For dose dat were successful congrats n dose dat weren't...it is well....all tins work 2geda for good eventho it may nt seem lyk it

Just got my regret mail. It is all gud. Congratulations to those who made it through and wishing the finalist a fulfilling career at PwC. Signining out.....bye.

its usually sad at tyms like these...when folks start getting regret mails...thats the saddest part..yet it is well... i am glad i was successful even though i wish it could be transferred to some1 else...such ironies that life presents us with...for all that didn't make it thru...just take ur minds away from pwc for now and focus on other options...Remember not to forget that u didn't make it not becos u are not good! there's no way u could have reached this stage witout being good...God bless peeps!

@all who got regret mails, just know that the best is still on its way. And you may want to believe that a regret mail is better than not getting any feedback from them. I had an interview with a telecoms coy in june 2010. I did well at the interview and I was confident of landing the job. I never heard anything from them again. They did not send me a regret mail and I was expecting from them for over a year. My mind was constantly there. So guys, just believe in yourselves and move on.

to all that made it through, I say a big congrats to you. I know how painful it is to get regret mail. I cried deep inside when I got mine at the aptitude test stage, but today am a better person. It was very painful because I did two of the test (1 for my friend and the other for me). my friend made it through and I didnt. she was dropped at the verification stage(as expected)lol. A negative reaction to a negative situation just makes things worse. we have got to move on. 1luv.

Do you guys think they may still screen people out after this OPQ assessment?

Thank God I made it to dis last stage...Its been God all thru. For those dat were unsuccessful, my simple advice to u all is ''KEEP ON KEEPING ON''....It is well. For the successful ones as myself, we shall reach d finish line IJN. Seriously, am just filled with nostalgia right now
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul

It is well, I am just praying I scale tru , coz m tired of dis many aptitude test and interview as well as traveling things.

anoda waitin tinz...........

Hmm.. Waiting things... I've a feeling that by next week we will know our fates.....

for those that haven't done theirs, recall that 'you must enjoy routine work o0', as work at pwc is usually routine!..and they mite still drop folks after this stage. These guys are clever. those questions are quite tight and time of completion is important as well. Remember they said it should take u 25mins. And even thoh it isn't time, u are safe to assume that there is an invisible timer at the background. Truth is, if u are actually telling the truth, then u don't need to think about the truth...so answer quickly and smartly, for those that haven't done theirs....it is well o0...for the unsuccessful folks, look ahead peeps..pwc nor be all and all!

There's a reason why you're advised to be honest. You dont know what PwC is actually looking for in their own OPQ assessment. The thing about OPQs is that an answer you think is negative might score you positive points. "Not liking routine work" might give u positive points in both Creativity and Adaptation. Meaning you can create new ways to work and you can adapt easily when they change work routines. For those who haven't done the assessment, be very honest and leave the rest to God. Your OPQ result requirement might even differ by the unit you applied to. The OPQ is also a way to verify the personality you portrayed at the interview. Don't try to read their minds to please them, they read yours at the interview and they're pleased with you. I hope this is my last post before we meet in PwC. All the best.

@TheMaestro, u make very valid points, however i beg to differ on the issue of unrestrained honesty. Passing the personality test in my view, is mutually exclusive with being totally forthcoming with the truth. It's just like when u are asked for ur weakness in interviews, u obviously cannot say that you have a hankering for prostitutes - even if u do! Neither can u say that you used to steal office supplies in ur former job, however true that might be.

I agree with you on the point about them already knowing a bit about you because of the interview you had with them. Yet, if you somewhat came off as quiet in the interview with them, that doesn't make u an introvert. you would agree that one might be naturally outgoing , but might come off as reserved in a 1-hour interview. The interviewers would most likely know that they cannot capture all attributes in a 1-hour interview, which means they ultimately have to assume the possibility of slight or even possibly, a bit radical variations.

Having said that, one could probably infer that a not-so-absolute premium would be placed on all ur your exuded xristics on the interview day. I speak out of a little experience brother, naivety never makes one scale a personality test. Consistency with your solutions and a bit of knowledge of the company's values and work ethics are the most crucial parameters.

Most associates, i am told, regularly do routine work. Truth is the jobs there are mainly the same kinds, be it financial statement auditing to the rest of the boring parts. Numerous tweakable Templates are already in place. So you are better off arguing that you enjoy routine work, (in my own opinion sha) else they might conclude that you might leave in 1-2 years max due to boredom warranted by monotonous dealings. Ask any entrant at pwc, they would tell u that its usually routine work....Just saying anyways!

In any event, it's still all by the grace of God that one gets selected. No one is sure yet until they start calling. So one can only hope he/she gets a good email. Suffice it to say that nobody knows if he/she would make the medical list, until almighty Banke says so...

Goodluck to everyone oo!
    omowhale likes this.

+ Reply
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast