The other day I posted about the impact of bad CV construction to unemployment in our country and I must say the request in my mail box was highly enormous. This has prompted me to write this piece of note to give you more power to getting your dream job.
To start with, let me ask, have you ever being called for an interview before and after the interview you didn’t here anything from the company again? If yes, then you are in the right place. Let me analyze the problems one after the other.
The major thing in the mind of an interviewer is “who is this fellow in front of me”? , “how can he/she help our company?” and lastly “will he/she be a good recruit?” Now as a job seeker, the mistake most of you make is “you think too much on not losing the job”, also you think on how much the company can offer you, instead of thinking of what you can offer them and hence ignoring the desire of your interviewer/employer which will lead to your automatic disqualification. Hmm, I guess it sinks well in your head?
The following are the key point to passing an interview:

1. Dressing: you must be in cooperate dress and very neat
  2. Punctuality: get to the venue of the interview at least an hour before the time so that you can have enough time to compose yourself before the show gets started.
  3. Boldness/confidence: you must be confident of yourself in the front of the interviewer, and maintain straight eye contact.
  4. Freedom: you must give yourself freedom of expression, always keep a smile on you face
  5. Information: you must find out about the about the company before the day of interview; how much they pay (salary), how old is the organization, who is their CEO/General manager etc.
  6. Weakness: You must never admit you have a negative weakness, your weakness should always be positive. For example, you work too much, or you don’t like carrying last position in anything you do etc.
  7. Dream: You must have a dream in line with the company, you may be asked what your dream is in the next five (5) years, let your answer be related to the development of the company.
  8. Experience: You must be able to tell a story about your past experience to achieving a great goal. May be at your last place of work, how you were able to achieve something that seems impossible to achieve. Let them know you are a great achiever and a go getter.

This piece is written by xola!!!
For more career tips, or CV request, send an email to [email protected] or [email protected]. (We are also into web building and how to make daily earnings on your website.)
N.B:
The CV development is not a free service as it consumes a lot of time and energy. We do complete CV building at the rate of N3, 000 but because of popular demands it is now N2000, and the sample CV template, formally N1500 is now N500. I hope this will go a long way in easing the ugly situation in the labour market. Long live Nigeria!!! Good luck to you all.