+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Topic: Dangote Group Recruiting Graduate Trainee Drivers! Wow!

Re: Dangote Group Recruiting Graduate Trainee Drivers! Wow!

@mib, tanx my man. Hw far 4 uba?
    As 4me, if am chancd, i wil go and catch my fun dia. If they bring out trailer, i wil use it to katch my fun. Bt kum to tink of it, sum graduates teach in private schs and earn jst 8k to 10k. I believe dangote kant pay such amt to even o level drivers.

@Musco my oga, how u da? Congrt on ur job, victory atlast. Dis Dangote ppl da make me lauf... It is a nice job if d pay high.

thanx davefemi. Hw u dey?

MIB, Let's kip hopin 4 dir invite. Anytym 4rm nw.
    Muscovite,victory at last congrats. When u catch fun wt d trailer,use am toast babes afterall dangote trailers na customised one.Babes dey trip 4 am pass pimp car. Lmao.

Mehn guys r nt smiling...

@young, tanx my man. Besyds doz trailers are new trailers,airconditioned. Lol. I go find an OND graduate wey go b d conductor. Hahaha

@ all, its well, nothing good comes easy..#smiles...

Those of you pontificating about how Dangote's offer is so demeaning to Nigerian graduates are probably detached from reality. The truth of the matter is that it is an excellent offer that seeks to kill two birds with one stone: on one hand it would at least ameliorate the terrible unemployment situation by engaging thousands of unemployed/underemployed graduates, and on the other hand, it might enhance operational standards for Dangote's fleet.

I assume the remuneration for the so-called graduate drivers would be more attractive than what many unfortunate 'coat and tie' wearing graduates earn as contract/marketing staff in one micro finance bank or insurance company or 'one-man business' or the other. Most of such graduates now earn anywhere between N30k and N50k. These ones are even lucky; a greater number of graduates wallow in total, penniless misery as they cannot even find ANY job, not even one that offers N20k/month!

Based on this ugly reality, if Dangote offers you N70k a month (along with other benefits) to work as an 'executive' truck driver, would you consider that a terrible deal? Or perhaps you'd prefer to work as a 'marketer' in a useless insurance company for N35k a month, or worse still, remain unemployed for years without N1k to your name?

Besides, Dangote is not forcefully conscripting anybody into his company to work as a driver. His offer is just that - an offer, and unemployed/underemployed graduates have the power to decide to remain in the labour market and wait for the elusive Chevron job, or accept Dangote's offer. It's really very simple. No be by force nah! We're in a democracy after all, and everyone has the right to make any offer, just as everyone else also has the right to accept or reject any offer.

The bitter truth is that things are really harsh out there; we have an unemployment crisis of unprecedented proportions on our hands, and it is rapidly getting worse - with thousands of graduates creeping out of the universities like bedbugs yearly to join their older counterparts in the over-saturated labour market. The prospects are dim, and the future, grim. Those of us that are a bit fortunate should never lose sight of the true situation out there.

On a side note, I hope our unemployed sisters, ex-campus babes in the house, would also be eager to accept this offer too oh just like they typically are with the office jobs. This is one job opportunity where I would be happy to see gender equality implemented fully, lol.
    O

MIB
    @ tobafy if I dnt correct ur ideology and perception to life u might actually think all the long story u wrote make sense, first of all let me start from the fool called dangote, its a totall insult to the honourable graduates in Nigeria for someone to put up an advert for graduate to come and drive trucks for a living thats bizzare and do u know what such leads to, its leads to what is called ''Brain drain'' to hell with the money he will pay, money isnt all, by the time the entire Nigeiran graduate become driver, I wonder what the future our generation would become, bunch of truck drivers, is that what u want, nobody to invent anything,or drive the countries economy interllectually or come up with thesis and theories when all they will know is how to avoid Lastma official on the road or the short cut from lagos to maiduguri To cut my fury short, dangote should take his job else were, truck driving is a job for unskilled pple not graduates period, if this isnt ccondemned or rejected, am sure the nxt advert will be Adenuga come up with adver that he is looking for graduate as security operative to guard telecom mast

I will marry a dangote lady driver..na joke oh

People don't be deceived,i prefer a graduate managing a business and earning his hard earned cash than taking up this driving of a thing.We dangote pay you in pounds? Or dollars?If nt for the difficulties most of us encounter in apptitude test and the timelessness along with other uncertainties,who for dey talk of dangote?A business man who did nt smell d 4 walls of the university..or even NYSC.please lets stop attacking ourselves,there are several risk factors involve when u ride truck,Those riding such trucks started as apprentice,una wan die?When u could earn money from even starting up a laundry business..i love u all dats y am saying dis,think twice cos dis is the future.According to Jim Rohn,i quote"if you don't design your own life plan,chances are you will fall into someone else's and guess what they might have planned for you? NOT MUCH.

O boiii see epistle in dangote offer... I beg i didnt come to defend nor accuse anyone or dangote. My question goes.. Your so called brain drain has it not been occuring in nigeria time imemorial ?
    1. What do you call banks employing someone that study law to work as teller or in IT depart ? Is that not brain drain ?
    2. What do you say of banks employing english graduate to work in account settlement dept ?
    3. What do you this security outfit employing graduate to man gates ? I could recall back in the days gatemen were aboki or old men who had no sch qualif.
    4. What would u call insurance company employing engr, acct, law grduat, Dr., journalistic etc as marketers, do you want to tell me this ppl dont knw were marketing student can be obtained.
    The act of using skilled worker to do unskilled had existed in the 80's and no one stood up to fight against it... Our labour law is so porous and useless like a tissue.. That is why indian an chinese would here and dictate for us. So dont blame dangote rather lets challenge our NLC for not standing up to fight this menace

See as dangote de cause people speak this kinda big big grammar oh. OO dangote see what you see what you have caused. Kai Kai

All I know is that Dangote is better than state governors who always claim that they have no money to pay civil servants. These state governors prefer stealing money to employing graduates. Their mentality is, if we employ these graduates and pay them, there will be no money left for us to steal. Personally, I dont like Dangote because of his romance with the ruling government and the unfair advantages he has over his competitors. But because of this scheme, he has won me over.

+ Reply
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast