+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT [NIM] VERSUS CORPERS. THEY SHOULD STOP DECIEVING CORPERS.

Re: NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT [NIM] VERSUS CORPERS. THEY SHOULD STOP DECIEVING CORPERS.

If u have the opportunity and financial ability to enroll for NIM, there is nothing wrong in doing it. Will u now say that because Nigerian graduates are not getting jobs there is no need to go to a university? we can only try our best and God will do the rest.

Re: NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT [NIM] VERSUS CORPERS. THEY SHOULD STOP DECIEVING CORPERS.

I don't see the NIM/NYSC scheme as scam. If u had passed the exams, you wouldnt have placed this post. Its a recognised body in Nigeria nd a lot of corpers one way or the other have benefited from it. Dnt discourage others who are willing to register for the exams. Better luck next time.

I wonder what the administrator is doing while folks like "starvincelinee" just upload posts that are tantamount to libel and defamation.

God bless freedom of speech but that is not your prerogative to spew outlandish and eccentric comments about a professional body.

Let us be guided appropriately...

Cheers

man NIM IS A VERY GOOD PROGRAM.I AM A LIVING WITHNESS,ALTHOUGH U MAY NOT VALUE IT BCOS OF WHAT U HAVE IN MIND BUT KNW IT THAT I AM WHERE I AM TODAY AS A RESULT OF THE KNOWLEDGE I GOT FRM NIM.IMAGINE A YOUNG GRADUATE MANAGING A WHOLE MULTIMILLION PRIVATE FIRM.PLS HAVE A RETHINK.-

my story might be different. I study industrial chemistry. No experience in management. I sat for NIM while i was serving in lagos (2007). I passed all the exams in one sitting.
    NIM change my insight, because currently i am a sales manager in a multinational company. I am forever greatfull to NIM. It is not all about the exam, its all about you. Ask yourself one question, why did i enroll for NIM.M;
    D

Pls nobody should get me wrong,i did not post dis topic 2 witch hunt NIM, i only did it 2 create a room 2 enlighten one another about the proffessional body & i can only achieve dat if i make the post a bit controversial. Infact u guys all gave wonderful contributions & now i have known better, i realy appreciate dat. BUT PLS, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IT TAKES 2 RESIT 4 D FAILED FOUR COURSES, WILL I STILL PAY THE CORPERS REGISTRATION AMOUNT OR I WIL PAY HIGHER, COS I PASSED OUT JUNE DIS YEAR? Once again appreciate all of u dat keep shearin their opinion on dis issue.

There was nothing controversial about the post. It was outright slander.

I have no information to help you tho, but I reckon if you get in touch with the reps you were involved with during the youth service, they would enlighten you.

Cheers

NIM should b encouraged.Afterall,i registered with just 5,000 plus and i passed d june 2010 exam.instead of stayin idle durin service year,i'll advice corp members 2 go 4 d course.

seriously if u don't ave work to do don't come and bore/anger/confuse peeps abeg cos them no beg u to partake for the program abi u think say na ur 5k go help them?

Re: NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT [NIM] VERSUS CORPERS. THEY SHOULD STOP DECI

i passed d NIM cos i ws focused so wat d poster posted is real slander. u dnt say that abt a professional body that is recognized, go n do a rethink and read 4 ur resit well. look 4 dier office in ur state of residence and u'll be able to apply again, u'll only pay 4 d number of courses ure repeatin.. goodluck.

Some of the comments here are outright disheartening and only show the sad state of the Nigerian graduate.

Ceteris Paribus, if this were a lawful country, the poster of this topic would be having a libel suit on his hand.

Shame on you people who can use the internet to update posts that only project how ignorant you are but you wont take the time out to search the same internet where you can be adequately infromed.

@jediknerd:why do u keep attacking me instead of contributing 2 d subject matter. If u were not a senseless pig u would known from my second post dat my intension is not to attack d image of NIM. Well, i don't blame u cos my grammers were too advance 4 secondary school drop-out like u 2 comprehend, but don't wory i can be of help by giving u a very good site dat befits u, pls register wit d site below & get ur fucking out of dis forum: http://www.SecondarySchoolDropOutFor...u/senselessPig

the last post hit the nail right on the head!nigerians have always been bad losers, once confronted with failure or a blunder most nigerians' first instinct is to lash out at someone else and blame them for their misfortune instead of looking inward and analysing the real issues. i doubt that anyone who passed the NIM/NYSC exam would be so quick to disparage the organisation. like one of the earlier posts said, the essence of such an exam is to learn and equip yourself with knowledge that you do not have; that is the true purpose of school, education and exams. while i don't deny that doing an exam for the benefit it will add to your cv is important but what is the point when you pass the so-called value adding exam and you never really absorbed the knowledge, which as we know is the case with most of us who practice "la cram la pour". in closing i must add that the conduct of the average nigerian graduate at NIM/NYSC exams leave much to be desired. i wrote the june exams that generated this debate and i must tell you that cheating and giraffing were the order of the day. infact, one of the invigilators was insulted by a corper for being an "enemy of progress" because he adamantly refused to let corpers cheat while he was in the hall. if you do the math, let's say 40% of the corpers copied each other in 4 courses (and these statistics are putting it mildly!) then if the person they mostly copied from fails the 4 courses,does it not follow that all of them will equally fail the 4 courses. added to the above is the fact that from the demeanor of most of the corpers it was obvious that they came to the exam hall with little or no preparation whatsoever, hoping to be lucky enough to sit beside a nerd or that the invigilators would "cooperate"

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast