+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT [NIM] VERSUS CORPERS. THEY SHOULD STOP DECIEVING CORPERS.

NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT [NIM] VERSUS CORPERS. THEY SHOULD STOP DECIEVING CORPERS.

I think we should ask dis WAYO NIM these four question i listed below cos enough of their bullshit. (1)how come more than half of d candidate of june 2010 NIM/NYSC exam were asked 2 resit? (2)how come dey all hav equal number of courses 2resit, does it mean they hav equal brain? (3)how com a good number of candidate don't even hav record at all? (4)why must NYSC logo appear in d certificate. My dear corpers i tink NIM are more interested in extorting money from corpers than building them for the labour market as they claim cos u cant compare them wit other professional bodies like ICAN and the rest. Pls share ur view on dis issue.

Re: NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT [NIM] VERSUS CORPERS. THEY SHOULD STOP DECIEVING CORPERS.

I refused 2 b part of it during my service year cos it doesn't just make sense to me in terms of giving ur cv that cutting edge u desire,or put this way,employers dont give it consideration when it comes to job adverts....so why waste my time n money on something that adds less or no value

Senior Member oluwagbemiga Adelowo's Avatar

Re: NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT [NIM] VERSUS CORPERS. THEY SHOULD STOP DECIEVING CORPERS.

Nigerian Institute of Management and not 'National....'. NIM/NYSC is of ª very good relevance to pple dat need it genuinely. These days, most people acquire it to better their cv and not themselves. Let me give U?? an instance- Therez dis guy who was fortunate to lead ª small group due to his strong leadership skill and was able to manage Ð group to attain numerous awards despite Ð fact dat he read 'Sciences' in schl. For this reason, he decided dat since he has very strong interpersonal pple mgt skills- hence to pursue ª career in Personnel mgt. To achieve this, he thinks of using the NIM/NYSC scheme to gain an formal insight into management. From this, U?? can see dat Ð scheme is of ª big relevance to him. The problem nowadays is dat corps members venture into it for misplaced reasons. My advise is simple- Oh Man know thy self!!!
    G

u never can tell what u may need at the long run. if have opportunity just get my daer.

eih

at first u dont even kw the body "national", my advice is that you build yourself first, that many candidates have the exam to resit doesnt mean NIM is extorting ppl, think of the poor reading culture in our country, I sat for the exam in '07 and cannot regret taking the course, though I passed 5 out of the 8 courses, but I gained knowledge, u needed to see wat nigerian graduates were doing during the exams, a program they enrolled with their allowy, not answerable to anyone, yet cheating was the order. lets utilize the opportunities we have

NIM is not a fraud thing. If u prepare well in any exam u will pass well vise versa. If half the population that sat for the exam failed and half passed that means half had ill preparation while half prepared well. I Prepared very wel and i made it. So search ur self. how was ur preparation

pls wat abt those dat passed d NIM exam.wat is d nxt step n hw do we collect our certificates?

NIM is not fraud,i did it june 2009.if u really ve genuine cause of doin it,u will knw the knowledge u ll obtain by reading d book alone.there re managerial skills acquired in takin the NIM exam.the fact dat most of u re asked to resit doesnt warrant the idea of calling the fraud or whtsoever.nigerian take most book work as to improve their cv,but forgetting the actual purpose as necessity of it.even medical corp members knw that such cert(Managerial cert) is compulsory if u must be a head in the medical sector........

well for corpers who r complaining, well NYSC/NIM just made things a little bit easier for you, when i served ,i missed my exams as a corper and after serving and sitting at home for some months, had 2 go back 2 their office to find out how 2 re write the exams,and i was told that to start as a grad member,ill have 2 pay as much as 40k for d courses n d induction,and its the same stage as the NIM/NYSC which is about 15k for every thing including the induction.i was only lucky dat i had sum months after my service as d deadline...after this graduate membership stage,you have one more stage to write before becoming an associate of NIM,i never knew NIM was that recognised until my sister became an associate.as an associate,many other professional bodies waive off stages for u n all that,n if you all say NIM is nt recognisd,il telll u that my dad had just a diploma,and with NIM membership,he got a job with mobil oil and eventually rose 2 a manager adding other professional bodies..we are still young and we should do all we can at this stage,we never can tell which certificate will help us cos Nigeria is so unpredictable..good enough i wrote dis june exams and passed all the courses,for those who failed,you have absolute rights to call for your scripts if u think you ought to have passed the exams...Good luck 2 u all in ALL your endeavours...

The NIM graduate program is an excellent opportunity, at least it was for me. Coming from an Engineering background i needed some pre-management training. The courses are excellent- Management Case Analysis, Small Business Management, Corporate Law etc. To think that NIM is extorting our graduates is way overboard. It's an opportunity every corper should seize.Between a graduate with B.Eng, CCNA, NIM and one with just B.Sc who stands a better chance of landing the perfect job? I rest my case.
    The heights you attain is a factor of your belief and attitude. Greatness is yours; how much do you want it?

if i may ask what is the position of NIM/NYCE Certificate in the labour market do you know passing the NIM/NYSC does not mean you are a chartered member of NIM what are we saying here instead of you using you energy and resources pursuing a certificate that will not add any value to your CV why not channel that energy to pursue a master or professional certificate that will make you better equip for the labour market. guys ask your self this question how many graduate got employment just because he has NYSC/NIM certificate? if you want to a certificate in management there are managerial school all over the country where you can obtain a recongnise certificate in Nigeria Like the Lagos business school, Kaduna Business school etc but if you think NIM is okay for you as a copper why not, got for it after all one man's meat is another man's poision

One Love

Sc

When i discovered d big fraud called NYSC/NIM certificatn from past corp members, i refused to take part in it during my service year. First why should they place d NYSC logo on d cert.? Secondly why even afta d exam one is not a chartered member/associate of the institute?

cant u guys get it straight...professional courses have different stages before becoming chattered for heavens sake.,NYSC/NIM is just stage one,d next set of exams uld do will make u chartered as an associate..pls guys if you feel its okay for u to have an NIM certificate then do,if not you can do anyother one you want,its not by force at least no one forced any corper into it...

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast