+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Topic: Read this before you apply for any school in US.

Re: Read this before you apply for any school in US.

ronney no vex, is winthrop a private university?/

yes it is a private university

ronney can u help me wit a bank statement..........

mayb u should post ur email so i can reach u personaly.

You can send my an [email protected] or call me on 08085734900

For those who will be going for an interview at the American Embassy. I have some tips on questions the consular asked nigerian. Note that these questions are based on my experience with clients that i have worked for.

SOME LIKLY INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND THEIR RIGHT ANSWERS

What is your name?

Q: What are you going to do in the United States or what is your purpose of wanting to travel to the United States
    A: I want to go to the United States for studies.

What are you going to study in the US?
    A: Tell him/her your major of study

Which school are you going to study at?
    A: Tell him/her your school name. Further questions might be on the address of the school.

How did you get to know about the school of your choice?
    A: I got it through an online research. Please, never tell the officer you got it through your relatives. They will assume your relative want to use it to bring you to the US. Furthermore, you can say, after getting the school, you then told you uncle about it and he accepted to pay the application fee and get the necessary information for you and also accepted to be your sponsor.

How long are you staying in the US?
    A: if your course is 2years, tell them 24months and if its 3years, tell them its 36months

Why did you choose this school?
    A: This is the school am admitted

Did you apply to only this school or why did you applied to only this school?
    A: No, I didn’t apply to only this school; I applied to 3 schools altogether. You might be asked to mention the rest. Just prepare to forge the name of any other existing school in the state where you are going.

How many gave you admission?
    A: Only this school. If you tell them its 2 schools they will demand the other admission / acceptance letter.

Why did you choose you course of study or why did you decide to study this course?
    A: The prospect for my major (mention your course) is extremely high in Nigeria and there is lack of professionalism in the industry.

When did you graduate your school: either secondary or first degree?
    A: tell him/her the year and date.

Since then up till now, what have you being doing?
    A: Never tell them you have being doing something that is not relevant to your education. If you can’t get anything to cover the gap interval, go forge a computer diploma/certificate with the ID card that you have being undergoing a computer programme while you are processing you admission to the States since computer is relevant to all field. Make sure to laminate the diploma and ID card in order not to make it look too new. Just proof that you have being doing something relevant to your course or education. They might also ask what course you learned at the computer studies…..Microsoft word, MS excel, Ms Access, Ms PowerPoint, CorelDraw, Desktop publishing, PageMaker and typing certified.

What will you do after your studies in the US or what will you do with you degree after studies in the US?
    This is the most technical aspect of your interview that makes them determine whether you wish to run to the US or you will come back to Nigeria.
    Answer: I will come back to my country and introduce the modern technologies of my profession into the industry in order to contribute to the industrial development of my country.

Your sponsor and the bank statement. Who are you sponsors? He is my uncle/father/stepfather/aunty. It must have a very close relation for the person to have accepted to sponsor your education. You sponsor can also give you other relevant vital documents that will support you such as landed properties, company registration, shares investment or business investment and importantly, Tax clearance. However, if all of this is not available, just go with the bank statement of you sponsor.

What does he/she do for a living? Tell the lucrative profession or business.

Your personal bank statement?
    A: You must show them and the bank ID card because its part of your ties to your country that you will come back. Even though you don’t have cash in the account, just print that statement of account that looks like payroll showing your bank transaction from the date the account was opened till the date of your interview. It is better that way.

Your SEVIS fee, did you pay your SEVIS fee?
    A: Yes. You must have paid and gotten the receipt before you interview date otherwise the security will not even allow you into the embassy. Give them the receipt and they can confirm that online and track it.

IF YOU CAN GET ALL QUESTIONS CORRECTLY TO THE POINT THAT YOU ARE BEING ASKED THE SEVIS FEE. BE REST ASSURED THAT YOU ARE GETTING THE VISA BECAUSE, SEVIS FEE IS THE LAST THEY USUALLY ASK AND THEY ASK THOSE THEY ARE READY TO ISSUE VISA TO. ALTHOUGH THEY KNOW IF YOU PAY THE FEE OR NOT.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123