+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: QUESTIONS ON STUDYING ABROAD

Re: QUESTIONS ON STUDYING ABROAD

@igho,
    Thanks for all ur help..
    I applied to RGU for their Msc programme but I used my degree certificate and not my transcript
    because it isn't ready yet from my school..pls I want to ask if it's ok or if I"ll need my transcript?
    And also,pls any idea if getting a job there will be possible during the programme??thanks

ighoeve thanks again and again and again, if u were a lady, i would recommend u4 myself
    h ..ha..hah

u answered all my Q's very well but carefully avoided saying anything about mailing me.

am still xpectn .

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjob4real
    Can some one dffrentiate betw having masters in colleges and universities.
    Nice one!

A college is like what you people call a faculty in Nigeria.

A university is a collection of colleges.. In other words, a college is a subset of a university that is the superset.

Having a master`´s in a particular course from a college means that your master`s is somehow specialized..With a master`s from a university, you are sure of a panoramic knowledge...

Hope this answers your question..

Quote Originally Posted by Amaka nwa
    @igho
    thnx a bunch..i'm nt a doctor though,studied one of d biological sciences..
    You have zilch problems if you at least did well in your undergraduate studies, especially if your GPA is near 4 or even above..All you need do is take and ace the TOEFL and GRE...The scholarships will come..

Quote Originally Posted by sun goddess
    @igho,
    Thanks for all ur help..
    I applied to RGU for their Msc programme but I used my degree certificate and not my transcript
    because it isn't ready yet from my school..pls I want to ask if it's ok or if I"ll need my transcript?
    And also,pls any idea if getting a job there will be possible during the programme??thanks
    To get a scholarship from Oyinbo people, you need to prove that you are indeed worth it, and the only way to prove this is with your transcripts..It is unfortunate how our universities in Nigeria make a big deal out of issuing us our transcripts and thereby denying us of some available opportunities abroad. The idea SHA is to device a way to get your transcripts ..Call it ruse, I don`'t care...

Robert Gordon University is a high way to work for oil companies upon completion of your master´s programme. A number of people I heard of got oil company jobs after their master´s programmes there...You see, I don`t trust UK universities..They may even give you admission without your transcripts--All they need is your money..UK, I sabi them well well. Yes, it is possible to get a job while studying in the UK, but it could be difficult at times..Nonetheless, you stand a good chance because as an educated Nigerian you speak good English language and so you should have no language barrier. My friends who did their master´s in the UK, one in Scotland, were able to get some menial jobs while studying

Still try to send them your transcripts if you have them.. You may never know...

Chuz

Quote Originally Posted by ehisbenedict
    hI....PLS I WILL LIKE TO GET A STEP BY STEP GUIDE AND PROCEDURES ON HOW TO APPLY ON FREE TUITION IN SWEDEN.AM A DIPLOMA HOLDER AND INTEND TO DO MY DEGGRE IN SWEDEN

PLS FORWAD ANY INPORTANT MAIL AT [email protected]

cheers!
    This may help you http://www.studyinsweden.se/

Thanks dearly. My next qstn is. England and scotlnd whc is better and gv me reasons. Lik jobs, living, accodatn, and libral. Thx

Thanks dearly. My next qstn is. England and scotlnd whc is better and gv me reasons. Lik jobs, living, accodatn, and libral. Thx
    Being someone who has an eye for oil companies, I would go with Scotland ..In addition, the cost of living in scotland is much, much lover than the cost of living in the UK, at least on the average-- Cost of education in scotland is lower than in the UK..Immigration laws in Scotland are friendlier than those in the UK..The UK government is looking for ways to send non UK nationals packing by creating unbearable laws here and there..On the whole, the UK is saturated with too many qualified people competing for very few opportunities..This does not mean you will not get some chances to make it in the UK..But the question is, what is the probability?

lover=lower..Excuse my typo..

@ighoeve,
    Thanks a lot,u've been really helpful..

Quote Originally Posted by sun goddess
    @ighoeve,
    Thanks a lot,u've been really helpful..
    Okay, sure!

God strengthen u, more wise to ur wisdon.
    My nxt qstn is. As Bsc holder, MBA and Rural Planning and Enviromental Mgt wich is more promising in terms of job, self employ, cost wise and etc. Thx.

God strengthen u, more wise to ur wisdon.
    My nxt qstn is. As Bsc holder, MBA and Rural Planning and Enviromental Mgt wich is more promising in terms of job, self employ, cost wise and etc. Thx.
    Cost wise, EM is better...MBA is simply pricey! Every other thing wise, MBA and blah blahhhh is preferable. With an MBA, you can work anywhere; you also have all the necessary theoretical skills to start up your own stuff. You will even rise to the management level of any organization..It is only a matter of time and also getting a good job in the first place. With EM, the best you can be in any organization is head of so so so dept or dept manager..Nonetheless, the good thing about EM is that you can be a consultant to all these oil and energy companies someday . The environmental stuff is also attractive to oil and gas recruiters...In case you did not know, another name for petroleum engineering is environmental engineering..So environmental management is analogous to petroleum management.

This would be my personal take, if I were faced with both options....

+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast