+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Topic: QUESTIONS ON STUDYING ABROAD

QUESTIONS ON STUDYING ABROAD

Hey people,

As I am on holidays and stuck in my room because of the extremely cold weather out there, I hereby invite questions from anyone of you who would like to learn more on studying abroad..My areas of experience cover Europe, Africa and America.. Deadline is fast approaching--

Let the questions start rolling in.....

Re: QUESTIONS ON STUDYING ABROAD

hw is life in sweden. if given admission is there possible ways of making little cash 4 living expenses ie working... please i need advice coz am confused. dnt knw weather to forfeit my admissions coz i dnt want to suffer for notin oo...

Quote Originally Posted by huzzle
    hw is life in sweden. if given admission is there possible ways of making little cash 4 living expenses ie working... please i need advice coz am confused. dnt knw weather to forfeit my admissions coz i dnt want to suffer for notin oo...

Hi,

Life in Sweden used to be very great..But my friend that left for Sweden last year said his set was the last set of
    international student exempted from tution fees. He is currently studying financial engineering there.

In general, to make cash in Europe while still a student, you must understand the language of the country where you reside. The English language is not as popular in Sweden as it is in Germany or in Switzerland. So you would have to learn the Swedish language in order for you to stand a good change of securing a part time job..However, nothing is impossible.

Give me details of the school that gave you admission..Is the admission for undergraduate studies, masters or PhD ?

Hi, i am currently seeking admissions in Europe for a graduate programme in medicine. Any useful info would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Hi, i really want to know how possible it is to study for masters in the u.k and pay the tuition fee 100% (10,000 GBP) working while schooling. Is this feasible? How feasible?

Sorry guys for my late response. I was busy filling out some application forms here and there.. As a rule, I hate talking about the UK because that place is just too saturated for my liking...People are even running back to Nigeria..However, that does not mean some Nigerians are not doing well there..For instance, one of my guys just got a graduate job there in one reputable energy company after his masters. If you want to go and study in the UK, then you must have your own cash to pay your bills, tuition inclusive..Yes, you may get some menial jobs here and there, but the money you will make will not be sufficient for you to live and pay tuition..Even UK schools find it very hard to give international master*s students scholarships..That country is so´bendy,,

My counsel to you is to save a lot of money before you decide to go study in the UK. However, if you are a high flyer with a very good undergraduate degree, say a first or a good 2:1, then you may apply for the Gates scholarship in Cambridge..A guy we both graduated from Unilag got the scholarship immediately after graduation. The guy is done now and he currently works for Shell UK..You may also apply to one of these Erasmus programmes..If you get the scholarship, you get paid about 250Naira per month(one thousand plus Euro).

In summary, it all depends on a combination of your account and your undergraduate result..

Quote Originally Posted by hapigirl04
    Hi, i am currently seeking admissions in Europe for a graduate programme in medicine. Any useful info would be highly appreciated. Thanks
    Hi, which of the graduate programmes and which of the European countries?

Hi,
    I applied for admissiom into a graduate program ( Masters) in 2 Canadian universities - University of Saskachewan, Saskatoon and Dalhouse University, Halifax. So, i am presently expecting admission decision come January ending or anytime in February ds year. If given admission, i plan to go there with my family - my spouse and 2kids(3&5yrs old). Will the embassy grant me and my family the visa - hope they wont say i am not likely gpoing to return? Or should i go first and later request they join me?
    Also, as regards the financial ability, i do not have millions in my account to show as part of the application documents, what kind of methods or ways can one go around it as i am very new in this studying abroad of a thing?

I want you to generally give me hints on how i can be very successful in obtaining a visa if given admission eventually - which i believe the prospect is very bright.
    Thank you.

HI,
    first i want to appreciate u 4ur magnanimity

am into agriculture,my first degree is in agric economics and i plan on applying this year to both norway and america, where are my prospects higher and do i need someone to help me secure the visa or can i on my own be given a students visa when i apply.

so many peps are asking me 4different amounts to help me secure a student visa and someothers feel i can apply and be given the visa in person.

thank you.

Good questions and thank you for them. Again sorry for my late response..I just slept off!

I do not really know much about visas that cover an entire family..Start a topic on this on forum. Nigerians in the disapora will be happy to answer your questions..I will just say one or two things nonetheless..

Now, everybody wants to go to Canada, even my friends in the UK. The natural question is, why? Well, the simple answer is that Canada is not as ridiculously saturated as the UK..That said, I would have to ask you a number of questions. Did you just apply ´to study at those Canadian universities or you applied to also be considered for some sort of scholarship(s)?
    Now, concerning the visa application thingy for you and your family, well you must be able to prove that you can simply take care of your children, and as you would guess, the only way to prove that is by financial buoyancy, that is, the robustness of your dom account..Except, of course, the university wishing to give you a place clearly states that funds will be provided to support you and your family..
    With regard to applying for a visa at the Canadian embassy in Nigeria, you just have to convince them that even if you don´t come back, you are financially capable to take care of yourself and your family in Canada..There is no way to say that you will come back to Nigeria any time soon since you will be going to their country with your family..That is the part they will likely quiz you on.

I know of a guy who stayed in Germany for two years before he decided to bring his wife and child..I think as at the time he came to Germany, his wife had not put to bed—she was just pregnant. But he was always visiting home.. The guy came to Germany on scholarship and after about 17 months of staying in Germany, he successfully invited his wife and child, and they had no problems getting a visa in Naija. Based on this very myopic premise, if I were in your shoes, I would go to Canada, establish myself within a few months and then invite my family…You see, those Oyinbos are looking for people to come and spend money in their country, not otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ayoalaba2
    Hi,
    I applied for admissiom into a graduate program ( Masters) in 2 Canadian universities - University of Saskachewan, Saskatoon and Dalhouse University, Halifax. So, i am presently expecting admission decision come January ending or anytime in February ds year. If given admission, i plan to go there with my famaily - my spouse and 2kids(3&5yrs old). Will the embassy grant me and my family the visa - hope they wont say i am not likely gpoing to return? Or should i go first and later request they join me?
    Also, as regards the financial ability, i do not have millions in my account to show as part of the application documents, what kind of methods or ways can one go around it as i am very new in this studying abroad of a thing?

I want you to generally give me hints on how i can be very successful in obtaining a visa if given admission eventually - which i believe the prospect is very bright.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by LG4KK
    Most people I know, including myself, never needed anybody or any agents to help us get visas..If you are given a place in your choice institution, simply go to the embassy and get your visa..But make sure all your documents are complete and coincide with the documents you submitted to the school.. It is even best if you get a grant or scholarship from the school..As in my case, you just walk into the embassy and demand a visa, straight It is God o..

About prospects, well I think it is much, much easier to get a visa to Norway than to the US..That does not mean that Norway is really inferior..Plus you must take the GRE or GMAT and TOEFL before you can even get a place in the US, but you do not need such to get a ver nice place in Norway.. If you don´t have money to spend on all those useless standardized tests, I advise you to then apply to study in Norway..But you have to contend with the cold there..Shengen region cold pieces

Hope this helps

HI,
    first i want to appreciate u 4ur magnanimity

am into agriculture,my first degree is in agric economics and i plan on applying this year to both norway and america, where are my prospects higher and do i need someone to help me secure the visa or can i on my own be given a students visa when i apply.

so many peps are asking me 4different amounts to help me secure a student visa and someothers feel i can apply and be given the visa in person.

thank you.

pls do u no of any school in Europe dat is given scholarship for masters 2 people wit second class lower

Quote Originally Posted by awahakim
    pls do u no of any school in Europe dat is given scholarship for masters 2 people wit second class lower
    The British grading system is not universal..Not every professor or university knows about our grading system.. Do you know about the cumlaude system? I am sure you don´t. In the same way, they do not understand your second class.. You may check this for scholarships in Europe..Each scholarship pays about 250K naira equivalent per month..http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus_mu...courses_en.php

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast