+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: QUESTIONS ON STUDYING ABROAD

Re: QUESTIONS ON STUDYING ABROAD

igboeve ,

thanks alot, u are really adding value to our lives but then again, i know of some schools in the usa that dont need GRE and GMAT or even toefl b4 u can gain admission, that is to say in their admission requirements no need for those stuff.
    can the embassy overlook those standardized test for schools that dont need them, or will they still insist on the test whether the schools need it or not.

once again u are indeed kind, wish u can send me a mail, my address is : [email protected] so we could talk beta.

Hi LG,

I was unconsciously waiting for the argument you gave. I am jocund you brought it up..The good thing is that you have answered the question yourself..The school gives you admission, the embassy gives you visa to go to the school. Without visa, no way to school abroad..Schools abroad cannot dictate to embassy, they can only plead..Embassy requires at least one of those standardized tests....Now draw the conclusion, which is superior between the school and the embassy?

ighoeve, greetings. i hail you for your advice on this issues.please could you advice on how one can secure admission in any of the scandanevian universities without paying school fees or through scholarshipp program.also is it possible to study masters over there on scholarship with second class lower.do advice

igboeve, i get ur point loud and clear, i will set about writing gre and maybe toefl. whats ur take on those exams, DO U HAVE ANY advice and /or materials that will help me .i think the exams will come up in may.

hop u'l mail me cos i intend disturbing u alot more like d proverbial OLIVER TWIST......

THANKS AGAIN.

Thanks for the Kind Gesture its not easy to find someone who will share this kind of information with us (naijahotjobbers). We really appreciate. I applied for Lund University Global Scholarship in Sweden, although i havnt gotten the scholarship but am hopeful. if there is any more information you want to provide. i would really appreciate it. my email add is [email protected] Thanks

GRE and TOEFL open a cornucopia of study opportunities. If you do well on the quantitative section of the GRE, you stand a good chance of getting a very generous scholarship..My guy in KAUST gets about $30K per annum after accommodation...Imagine that.. If it is business school you want to attend, then GMAT will land you a nice place with scholarship too..But you have to very well ace the GMAT.

My take on the exam is simple..Learn from those who have successfully done it and have successfully used it to get very nice scholarships--See, en, some people use scholarship money to earn a living, and they live big too because the money is not taxed..You even make more money than your friends who have been working for three years. And you know what? when you finish the programme, you stand a good chance of getting a very nice job and being their boss...These were people that started working before you

Visit http://www.urch.com/forums/just-finished-my-gre/ to learn from the GRE masters who have done and aced the GRE..

http://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus_mu...courses_en.php

Search for any programmes that interest you and apply..But apply to at most three programmes..Apply before next week ends

Quote Originally Posted by LG4KK
    igboeve, i get ur point loud and clear, i will set about writing gre and maybe toefl. whats ur take on those exams, DO U HAVE ANY advice and /or materials that will help me .i think the exams will come up in may.

hop u'l mail me cos i intend disturbing u alot more like d proverbial OLIVER TWIST......

THANKS AGAIN.
    In addition to my previous response, I would like to add that the GRE exam is done everyday!!! Not something that happens every half a year..I recently registered somebody who did it on the 29th of December 2010..The dude has been applying to institutions..He wants to earn big money as a student

Quote Originally Posted by vozkini
    ighoeve, greetings. i hail you for your advice on this issues.please could you advice on how one can secure admission in any of the scandanevian universities without paying school fees or through scholarshipp program.also is it possible to study masters over there on scholarship with second class lower.do advice
    Hallo Vozkini, I can assure you that you will soon buy the latest Volkswagen Bora

Actually, as I earlier said, nobody knows 1, 2:1, 2:2 in the Schengen part of Europe..Mind you, Europe is not only UK..The fact that we use the above grading system in our universities in Nigeria does not mean everyone in the globe knows about it.. My counsel is for you to package your application very well and apply months before the deadline..In so doing, you stand a chance of getting a juicy admission and may be with scholarship..The admissions are still on..It closes in January nadir.

If you are a graduate of one of the physical sciences, then you may like to take advantage of the following opportunity http://www.nexteinstein.org/study..

@IGHO
    hve quite a nos of qstns..i hpe 2aply 4scholarships bt dnt ve my transcript,do i need it,is there an alternatv cos i realy nid d scholarshp?
    Hpe 2go for public health,wat do u advise me in terms of country wit beta prospects dat wld also not req any standdzd test result
    finally, of GRE,TOEFL,IETLS AND GMATS, whch wil giv me a beta opportunty,shld i consider writing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Amaka nwa
    @IGHO
    hve quite a nos of qstns..i hpe 2aply 4scholarships bt dnt ve my transcript,do i need it,is there an alternatv cos i realy nid d scholarshp?
    Hpe 2go for public health,wat do u advise me in terms of country wit beta prospects dat wld also not req any standdzd test result
    finally, of GRE,TOEFL,IETLS AND GMATS, whch wil giv me a beta opportunty,shld i consider writing it?
    GMAT,
    Yes, you need your transcripts..The way our institutions make a big deal out of giving us our own transcripts that we worked for with our own sweat is ludicrous to me..I remember missing an opportunity at the University of Alberta some three years ago because my undergraduate institution failed to send my transcripts to the admissions committee in Alberta..The most annoying part of everything then was that I paid for the transcripts to be sent .

I think public health is great in the US or in Canada..UK is not bad for doctors too. GMAT! you don´t need because it is for business schools..You only need both TOEFL and GRE! If you change your mind and decide to go to the UK, you should take IELTS..Basically, IELTS is a UK English proficiency test while TOEFL belongs to ETS-the US. As a doctor, which I guess you are, you should not have any problems with these standardized tests..You brain is bigger than them .. You stand a chance of studying free of charge if you can do well on these standardized tests..Basically, doing well means scoring at least 100/120 in the TOEFL and at least 1220/1600 in the GRE.. My former classmate scored 118/120 in the last TOEFL he did.It may please you to know that he is now in the US for graduate studies.. Hope this helps----

So, as a synopsis, YES you need your transcripts, NO alternative; generally schools in Europe do not need standardized tests and finally take the tests if you really need the scholarship...my two cents...

Can some one dffrentiate betw having masters in colleges and universities.

@igho
    thnx a bunch..i'm nt a doctor though,studied one of d biological sciences..

+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast