+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: WHATS D BEST DRESS CODE TO WORK?

WHATS D BEST DRESS CODE TO WORK?

Hi house,

pls i need to know all about the best way to dress to work. for both .
    We become what we think about! What the mind can conceive & believe, d mind mind can achieve; Whether you think you can - or think u cant, you are right.

Re: WHATS D BEST DRESS CODE TO WORK?

Oh my God i was once asked this by an NTA reporter in Enugu "How would u say that one is proparlly dressed?" and i believe they should both be chanelled the same direction. i belive the best dress to work is being on suit , a nice ironed shirt and a short skirt ....but not above the knee to make u look smart, some people like ties too......that will be from mondays to thrusdays then u can try Natives on friday or a jeans for those of us that wears trousers ..jeans and top.
    U know as a lady u need to look good and smart all the time ....not only wears we also need to dress our hairs ,nails and all that.

Looking good is my mottor and i hope many will like to join me cos that is what makes us a woman.
    Cheers.

I believe most companies have their different dress codes which must be followed by all employees. However, where the company has no dress code, its just appropriate for employees to dress decently and be presentable.

Cheers.

Yeah, i agree with both replies so far. It actually depends on where u work and the kind of job u do. A Civil Engineer will certainly dress differently to a Banker. Oil workers also don't dress too corporate
    In most corporate organizations like banks, the codes are similar except some that cut down on the excesses of the "Dress down" Fridays. In Oceanic bank for instance, you have a particular suit colour for mondays. Your shirt pattern/colour matters also. For two years or more now, Citibank guys are allowed to dress neatly without ties. So i think it all boils down to your company's perspective on dressing.

Overall, the best code for me is to put on a well-tailored suits, usually dark coloured, an accurate shirt {ur exact size ; ur wrist, the shoulder and the neck must conform}, a nice foot-wear that matches ur combination. Ladies skirt could be JUST above the knee cap or on the knee. Both sex trousers would be lovely if they terminate just @ the ankle.

I recently attended an interview and after a nice time with the interviewer, he couldn't help but to commend my well-designed suit. It was a nice feeling afterwards.

Your dressing will give the first impression about you.
    My advice,
    Dress good and responsibly ALWAYS
    NB: U dont have to spend a fortune before u look good. Just make sure that anything u wear fits you and looks good.

TRICKY QUESTION BUT I THINK IT ALL DEPENDS ON ONE'S JOB AND THE IMAGE ONE WANTS TO POTRAY.

ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO DRESS COMFORTABLY AND RESPONSIBLY. TIGHT FITTING CLOTHES ARE NOT SO IT. ALSO BRIGHT COLOURS ARE TERRIBLE AVOID THEM ALWAYS. ITS HAZARDOUS WEARING COLOURS LIKE ORANGE, BRIGHT YELLOW, BLOODY RED ETC TO WORK ONE WOULD JUST END UP LOOKING LIKE A MASQUERADE.

LADIES AVOID LOW NECK LINES IN OFFICES (FRANKLY I BELIEVE EVERYWHERE) AND PLEASE GO EASY WITH TROUSERS (NOT BECAUSE I DON'T WEAR- I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THOSE WEARING IT) TIGHT FITTING TROUSERS NA DISASTER TO EVERYONE. EVEN IF YOU ARE GOING TO WEAR SOMETHING A BIT SMUG WEAR A SLIGHTLY BIGGER TOP AT LEAST TO COVER SOMETHINGS. LOW CUT TROUSERS ARE IN FASHION BUT IF YOU DO NOT WANT UNWANTED ATTENTION IN HTE OFFICE DO NOT WEAR THEM.

GUYS SAME GOES FOR YOU TOO. NO TIGHT TROUSERS, MEN ITS DISGUSTING FOR GUYS TO WEAR TIGHT TROUSERS. PLEASE CUT OUR HAIR, BUSHY HEAD DOES NOT SAY TOO WELL ABOUT ONE'S HYGINE.

THE DOS AND DONTS ARE ENDLESS BUT THE BASIC THING IS BE MODERATE AND ALSO BE COMFORTABLE.

GOD BLESS

Revelation 22: 11-12

My point of view:

It all depends on the company's dress code and the type of work you do.

If you do an admin or office work in a company with minimal dress codes [of any kind], then I think you should always have a nice, well-ironed shirt and pair of trousers.

For the ladies, trouser and skirt suits are appropriate. Remember [as mavdav suggested] that you also need to pay attention to other areas of your appearance such as the hair, nails and face.

On Fridays [which is in most companies seen as a casual dress day], you can decide to go a little casual - jeans with good t-shirts will do. If your company has t-shirts [like Celtel and MTN], you use it as an opportunity to dress casual and also advertise your comapny a little.

FOR THE ENGINEERS AND TECHNICIANS:
    Your job does not always require you to dress corporately, so if you come with good jean trousers or chinos trousers and t-shirts, no one will ask a question.

PS
    But please do not wear body hugs. Some guys do this and it pisses me off. It makes them look like boxers instead of Engineers.

Jojo
    Joshua Otuonye C.<br />08037971139<br />Proudly Nigerian

+ Reply