+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: WHAT IS UR VIEW ON THE PAID GSE TEST PRIOR 2 EMPLOYMENT

WHAT IS UR VIEW ON THE PAID GSE TEST PRIOR 2 EMPLOYMENT

Becareful not to give out ur atm pin no their site .Dont forget u av ur adress and ur profile on the site too. PRECAUTION. Let individual banks conduct its own test. Banks using this agency should be questioned.Graduate Standardisation Examination(GSE) IS JUST MAKING USE OF THE UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE COUNTRY TO RIP OFF HUNGRY UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES WHO ARE DESPERATE. EFCC SHOULD DO SOMETHING
    CareerSpace: An Online Directory of Employment Opportunities, Career, Jobs and Vacancies.

Re: G S E RECRUITING SCHEME IS A SCAM BEWARE

I think i agree wit u,how can the banks be using an exam that was writtten wit money to apply,if that is the case then i think we r now paying 4 apptitude test cos thats wat i see as.let the banks tell us why they recruiting thru GSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guys beware.........

GSE

Thank you very much for your feedback. Let me ask your indulgence because this is a long reply.

First let me start by saying that Dragnet/GSE trully cares about graduates and unemployed young Nigerians. We are constantly working to make things better and easier for them to obtain jobs with corporations.

We have recently donated a Job Centre to the Lagos State NYSC where young graduates can browse recruitment sites for free. We are working with other organisations to see what else we can do in this regard.

We at GSE appreciate the comments and observations being expressed by young Nigerian graduates on various blogs and web sites. Some have been complementary and some not quite so. GSE was actually thought of by the promoters while they themselves were young graduates looking for jobs. They are not strangers to the difficulties posed by job search for a young graduate. The challenges can be catalogued as follows:
    a. Lack of information as to when and how corporate organisations plan to carry out their aptitude tests and recruitment
    b. Travelling to various locations trying to sit as many aptitude tests as possible with a view to increasing the chances of getting a job. Transportation costs alone can be more than N5000 if you do not live in Lagos. You also risk your life on the road while you journey to sit a test.
    c. Coping with the ‘Nigerian factor’ and the need for ‘connection’ which at times influences the outcomes of aptitude tests
    d. Graduates today sit for pre-employment aptitude tests and never obtain feedback on how well they perform in the test
    e. Graduates are having to cope with shabby treatment at the aptitude test venues. In one particular case, Mobile Polica was called in to use tear gas to disperse candidates
    f. Being helpless in the face of test cheats who skew the odds against the good candidates in the aptitude test
    g. Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt residents have an advantage over their counterparts in other locations as aptitude tests are conducted mainly in these three locations
    h. etc.

This cannot be good. For this reason, and to remedy the situation, Dragnet has proposed a centralised Graduate Standardisation Examination (GSE). This is a private, nationally available pre-employment assessment. The Dragnet approach prescribes for employers to all rely on the applicant’s results in the GSE for their ranking and short listing. This centralised and standardised public approach brings the following benefits to the graduate applicants:

a. It offers equal opportunity to all applicants as they no longer require privilege information on a company’s testing dates as well as special favour to be short listed for the test. Exam centres are in the public domain and will be open to all graduates all year round
    b. With results in the GSE Exam, applicants should soon be able to apply to the top 500 companies in Nigeria
    c. GSE would offer applicants a one stop shop for their graduate entry pre-recruitment assessments for the top 500 companies. You will neveer need to scout and search for tests again. We are also trying to make available to candidates almost 5,000 SME companies. Vastly improving your chances of getting a job based on only one test.
    d. Applicants no longer need to travel to the major commercial cities Lagos, Abuja and Port-Harcourt in order to be assessed. GSE is available nationwide
    e. Applicants are provided with immediate feedback on scores
    f. Transparency on cut-off marks allows applicants assess their performance and puts their minds to rest
    g. With GSE, applicants can retake the exam after six months. They are given a second chance
    h. GSE allows applicants to schedule their exams to a date that is most convenient. Sessions are available all year round allowing applicants sit an exam only when they feel comfortable, they can also reschedule if not convenient
    i. GSE allows everybody equal opportunity and is based on meritocracy. It provides a level playing field
    j. With GSE, applicants get sample questions which give them an idea of the type of questions to expect. They can prepare
    k. Applicants do not suffer from lost script, examiner fatigue/tiredness, transcription errors etc. The GSE process is completely automated and fully computer based. System and process integrity is very high
    l. Biometrics and digital photo checks exam mercenaries

Young graduates should be aware that there are some conditions that have made graduate recruitment a challenge to most organisations, and has contributed in no small way to the lingering high unemployment levels in the country today. These conditions have had a negative impact on the numbers employed, the frequency with which they employ, as well as the manner in which they are employed. Some of these conditions include the following:

a. The prevailing high level of unemployment resulting in part from the high population of our nation has meant that employers always have to deal with large number of applicants per vacancy
    b. Conducting of aptitude tests by organisations has become a major burden which they find time consuming and very cumbersome.
    i. the organisations have to devise methods of coping with the crowds as many graduates will turn up un-invited
    ii. they need to control and catch out the exam and test mercenaries who are now the order of the day.
    iii. provide the required manpower to mark the scripts of thousands of applicants
    c. Aptitude tests are seen as a major distraction from the company’s core activities.

Most organisations will agree to the fact that they harbour a lot of real vacancies within their organisations. Vacancies which ordinarily should be filled by any one of the many unemployed Nigerian graduates who are ready, willing and able to perform as required. Unfortunately, such vacant positions are not being filled at the rate and the quantum they should. The reason is simply that commencing a graduate recruitment campaign with all its attendant challenges in terms of time, logistics and security, manpower and other resources means that such campaigns are easily put-off till a later date. It also means that such campaigns cannot be held too often if at all.

The introduction of the Graduate Standardisation Examination is a remedy to the above described situation plaguing employers and applicants alike. The Exam provides computer based, central testing and assessing solution, which allows employers and applicants cope better with the challenges of testing and the hassles inherent in that activity.

With the GSE, the screening process for graduate intakes will no longer be a challenge as employers will simply define the range of scores they are willing to accept. A cut-off point will be determined and they can proceed to shortlist the applicants based on their scores. The applicants are called for interviews directly. We envisage that, making the process easier for employers will see them taking up more graduates than is currently the case.

GSE really cares about graduates. We believe that time will show that we are bringing more benefits to the applicants than we are to the employers. With GSE, the discrimination between HND, 2:1 or 3rd will reduce and later end. You have an opportunity to shine and demonstrate your aptitude and reasoning ability irrespective of your grade or qualification.

The GSE will bring better times for applicants.

GSE apologises for this very long response.

Am sorry, The reasons u gave are not concrete enough. I am not convinced. Pls for God sake, aptitude examinations and employment programs should be at the expense of companies who need the services of people.not u asking the unemployed to pay to write exams on behalf of these companies.
    CareerSpace: An Online Directory of Employment Opportunities, Career, Jobs and Vacancies.

THIS PERSON WHO IS REPLYING ON BEHALF OF GSE SHOULD BE BANNED FROM POSTING REPLIES ON THIS BOARD, WHAT NONESENSE!

HOW DARE YOU TRY TO JUSTIFY COLLECTING MONEY FROM US? THE FACT IS WE ARE LOOKING FOR JOBS COS WE NEED MONEY, WE DONT HAVE IT, IF WE DID DO YOU THINK WE'D BE SEARCHING?!

THIS IS EXTORTION AND IF YOU GUYS ARE SO BRILLIANT OR SO PHILANTOPHICAL OR WANT TO HELP US, WHY NOT COLLET THE FEES FROM THE ORGANISATIONS YOU ARE HELPING?

DONT COME HERE AND TRY TO CALCULATE WHAT WE AVERAGELY SPEND TO WRITE A TEST, IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS AND YOUR PRIORTY SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATE SOURCE OF INCOME RATHER THAN EXPLOIT US,

THIS WHOLE THING IS EVEN MORE OBVIOUSLY A SCAM BECAUSE OUT OF DESPERATION, YOU GUYS HAD TO SEND TEXT MESSAGES TO OUR PHONES UNDER THE GUISE THAT IT WAS COMING FORM SKYE BANK, JUST TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT PAY YOUR PREPOSTEROUS FEES, OW LOW WILL YOU GUYS DESCEND

FROM ALL IVE WRITTEN YOU MUST HAVE NOTICED HOW STRONGLY I FEEL ABOUT THIS SO YOU GUYS BETTER WATCH OUT BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I DONT KNOW WHO I CAN REPORT YOU GUYS TO AND I DONT HAVE THE RESOURCES TO SUE, I'LL SOON BE IN PUBLIC OFFICE AND WILL HUNT YOU GUYS UNTIL YOU ARE MADE TO PAY DAMAGES! TRUST ME I WILL!
    WE ARE WHAT WE THINK

I have followed with keen intrest the Dragnet/GSE stuff. I want people to know that people have actually secured jobs through this people. If you read and understand all the reasons they gave, they are all true. A lot of graduates are denied legit opportuniteis to secure jobs just because of the large numbers of unemployed graduates.
    There are jobs but company's don't have the time conduct test all the time. Yes! they will make money, but what they are saying is, you can now determine your own destiny.
    The fact that GTB, SKYE, UBA to mention a few have used them this year says a lot. Infact you can either register straight or use your GSE score to apply on the UBA site. Isn't that legit?
    I have a good job and I have never used them before.
    I believe we should be all be ready to take the next step in graduate recruitment in Nigeria.

I agree with you to an extent rman, it is a straight forward process and i dont see how it can be a scam, its just that they are new. The objective of every business, excluding non-profits and social businesses is to make profit, so i dont beef them for that. I appreciate what they are trying to do; i mean if i can sit for one test and use that score to apply anywhere i want that would be a huge weight off my shoulders. Its so tiresome travelling to Lagos every so often to write one test or the other.

Its just like having a JAMB score and every university accepts it; i pity my younger ones who are going from school to school writing university entrance abi post jamb or whatever. I see a good GSE score on my CV as a plus, yet another proof of what i have to offer. I guess i should stop sit for the exam...when i get 5000, lol.

But what about people applying for jobs in IT and other technical fields? My boyfriend says the tests they give them are different from the usual GMAT and all, so what happens then?

DRAGNET/GSE STOP EXPLOITING UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES.DO THE RIGHT THING, COMPANIES PAY RECRUITMENT AGENCIES TO RECRUIT PEOPLE NOT YOU RIPPING OFF HUNGRY AND DESPERATE UNEMPLOYED GRADUATES.

I CAN TELL YOU GUYS THAT GSE IS NOT THE ROAD TO TAKE IN GRADUATE RECRIUTMENT IN THIS COUNTRY. I GRANT DRAGNET THE ARGUMENTS THE PRESENT. BUT IF A CORPRATE BODY CAN SPEND MONEY TO ORGANISE A TEST, WHY DO THEY WANT US TO BELIEVE THAT SUCH POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS CANNOT SHOULDER THE BURDEN OF FUNDING GSE FOR POTENTIAL EMPLOYEES. IS THERE AMPLE REASON WHY THE FINANCIAL BURDEN OF TESTING APPLICANTS SHOULD BE TRANSFERRED TO THE APPLICANT WHEN THE INSTITUTIONS ARE IN A BETTER POSITION TO FOOT THE BILLS? SOMEONE AT DRAGNET IS MANIPULATING POOR JOBLESS NIGERIANS. THE QUESTION IS, WILL WHAT UBA, SKYEBANK OR GTB PAY THEM NOT BE ENOUGH TO COVER FOR THE TEST?

YOU GUYS(GSE) ARE CONCRETE THEIVES.
    What goes around comes around

na God go punish all of una called gse.
    Is like you went home few days to get a cert. on diploma to convince us on paying for d 5k. all these things u listed are jagons, i see u are one of the gse marketers na u God go first punish.
    pls as u can see this house is not a place for advert, is a place for job seeker free or did u register with money?
    house let me tell u, after the gse exam u will still be invited by the company to write their own attitude test so gse is not a sure banker to be employed. that is u will still spend ur TP and take the road risk and so on as to oppose what the said. we are going to spend money to get something but not to extout and exploit us.
    I will join bumbum82 to see that this gse company is prosecuted by the Law of the land, infact is high time we invite EFCC in this matter.
    gse and rman don't advertised in this site again, we don't need ppl of dubious character like u. we want ppl who will tell us where to apply and get a job

Ah ah, nwachux, take it easy now. They probably think they are doing the right thing by coming here to blog, all this holy ghost fire all for them?

The things they listed are not jargons at all o, i was checking tuesday's (1st) Guardian vacancy ads and i saw an article titled, "Nigerian Graduates Unemployable", i was so angry. It was like 4 pages. These companies seem to be of the opinion that they are not sure of the quality of our education. Maybe that is why they are loving the idea of GSE, so that when we have that they are sure of the stuff we are made of.

GTB called people for interview based on GSE scores on saturday o. What do you think people?

It really is a good idea, the part i'm not down with is us being made to bear the cost, i dont really understand why.

i think this whole GSE stuff is a choice,you dont need to raise abuses on them just bcos you feel they are scam or what ever.what is not good for you might be good for other.besides pple who can afford it have been scuring jobs through their agency.so stop the abuse and think other wise.dont discourage other

to GSE you pple should widen your scope for us that need job in telecom.cheers

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast