+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: What is a GOOD salary for a Fresh Graduate in Nigeria.

Re: What is a GOOD salary for a Fresh Graduate in Nigeria.

Guys,

A good Salary for a fresh graduate is one that can make you satisfied, one that can make you put in your best in your work, one that can make you workout, one that can take care of your feeding,housing,clothing and most especially, you have some savings left at every month.

What i'm I saying here, a fresh graduate at every month should take home one hundred thousand naira and above(Nigeria currency).

Guys,

Research.

I don't even know what to say after reading all what you have said but as for minimum of 50k
    remmenber this is Naija.
    you wou't shrink, if you can think.

depending on location , areas tend to determine the pay packet and also workplace.

What is a GOOD salary for a Fresh Graduate in Nigeria.

well after all the Laborer is worth of his wage, it all depend on what the organization can afford for start but to be honest 80-100k isn’t bad, if u can go through the 4 wall of higher institution for at least 4-5 years u should be able to defend such salary

[attachment deleted by admin]

na wa o,dis na realy naija.....
    wel i tihink it depends on the organisation,
    your skill,grade and location.
    take anyone you see first then look 4 a better one
    at all at all na im bad pas.
    All of Us go Hammer
    .....I Love U All

Hi guys, you've all done well but there are some critical issues you should examine and understand. I have rejected several offers up to 70K and I can accept some offers lower than that. It all depends on the coy and what you stand to gain at the end of the day.

I just resigned in my present coy and they are offering me 200K but I am turning it down. I am crazy right! I have an offer from Nokia for less than that but consider this: relocation benefit, brand new Kia Cerato that is fully serviced for 3yrs is attached to me, which would eventually become mine after 3yrs, then they'd give me another higher grade car to go on and on like that, less work load and stress-free, job satisfaction, multinational environment, national and international training, exposure, rapid promotion, job security, unalloyed allowances, monthly telephone bills of up to 20k, bonuses up to 40k depending on performances etc.

Another fact is that I'd worked sometimes before while I earned 15k... absurd isn't it? The bottom line is that you should not under-price or over-price yourself but you should value yourself, though the situation in the country is not really helping matters like the law of demand and supply... job seekers are far far more than jobs available by 80-20.

1. You should know the coy - small, medium or enterprise (multinational)
    2. Your passion for the job
    3. Your time, which is the most important... time is money - with time you can apply for a better job and be able to go for tests/interviews... without this, you are trapped even if you earn 100k for a start
    4. Career growth and development

In short, money should not be your priority at this time but relevant experience that can take you to wherever and whenever. Afterall, I know some people who are ready to pay for relevant experience other than get paid.

from 50k is ok.but much depends on what kind of job u are asked to do.......

50 yo 70k. cheers.

just be wise...
    A company might offer less moni....but u can leverage it with intensive training...dats worth it...u know...from there, u can zap anytime
    In life's pursuits, Never Outrun God [Prov.19:21]
    1luv...

Hello Naija,

Well I am new here and I really enjoy doing this. In my own opinion, well I'm still a student but I am undergoing an IT programme in a reputable firm, and with what I see there, just stick to what you get at the start but to mention a figure, I'll start with 80k.

Phemistry
    Life is a Teacher,Always Learn from it everyday u spend.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm U guys are doing great i must say. this is a very good question .for me the salary depends on the organisation ur applying for.one cannot compare a starting salary of any oil company with d one of lets say DHL ,MTN, Banks private sectors. so it depends on d company. but for a graguate that has passed through the four wall of a higher institution should be asking from 80k up i guess its not much shaa.
    Cheers.

mae

Hi, one thing u hav to remember is that some employers are cheap, i mean so tightfisted esp wen it comes to freshies, they know u're new in the employment business, so they think u're desperate.
    But guess what, wen u look at the circs surrounding the job u r seeking, eg the kind of organisation, how much they make etc, then u can pitch ur price. Like everyone has been saying, never too high and NEVER too low.
    Come on, u paid THOUSANDS to become a graduate, maybe millions, so why do u hav to settle for peanuts? Think, more money means more incentive to work harder. I wish all bosses could remember that!

Hi, I've read everything so far and I agree it depends on a lot of factors. is it in the private sector?,a multi-national, government job,a small- medium sized enterprise, etc? then it also depends on you.First where are u coming from and where are you going to?will 50k take you there?
    U know I always say it is a question of negotiation skills and what you have to offer to ur employer.u may start with 50 and work up to 80 in less than 1 yr.that i think is a good start.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast