+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Topic: slave labour these foreign asian employers

Re:

I rememberd, i thnk abt 2yrs ago,julius berger 'laborers'in abuja went on strike demanding dat dia oyinbos shd enta same trailer used to convey dem to dia various sites. D strike didnt make any headway,d oyinbos stil cruise in aircondition caravans to dia sites. May God help us!

Re: slave labour these foreign asian employers

My Brodas and Sistas, U are write, infacts am also suffering from this predicament where am working. Am a staff of Delta Steel Comp. and tins are getting woast everyday. U will not believe dat some of this Indains recharge money 4 a month is more than our pay not to talk of their allowances. They are promoted everyday. An indian IT student who came into the company inless than fears years has become a manager, while some graduates have worked for this same company for years without any increase in their rank.

My fellow comrade, it not about lamenting on this issue. the question is!

What is to be Done?
    How to go about?
    How to produce good result?
    How to seek for seek for hearing?

Lets try t devots some means to achieve all this, then we will be heading somewhere.

I say Long Live NHJ, Long Nigerian Youth and Long Live Nijja
    God has a plan 4 Me

This is a very serious problem and its high time we join hands to address it, well with proper planning and coordination we can achieve what we want to achieve,
    well one of my suggestion is that from the going ons in Tunisia and Egypt we can see that the Internet is a very powerful tool, the power of the internet cannot be over-emphasized.
    So we can start by putting up a website,setting up a twitter account,setting up a facebook page,gradually we will get the attention of the local and international media then after alll these the final step will be to come out together and march, by then the govt is already aware and might want to do something to address the issue.
    If there is continued proliferation of info on these companies and the acts they do by victims,where victims post on the website and the FB page and twitter account is used to brodcast it to the world,the pressure on them will be unbearable,the will situp and improve the working conditions.

they do what they do because of two reasons,
    1.the govt doesnt care how its citizens are treated by foreigners
    2.the foreigners think nobody knows how they treat Nigerians.

so we can take advantage of 2 so as to make the govt sit up and set up regulations, due to obvious reasons we can start anonymously but must will make known the name of companies and foreign staffs perpetrating such abuses,latr when the struggle gains momentum we can own up with our real identities.

more suggestions pls,it might seem a very difficult task now,but if we mobilize we will achieve,there is strength in collectivism,
    thank u.
    !

Antobi thank u so much for this thread.It burdens my heart to read about all dis barbaric treatment being meted on our youths in the name of working for a multinational.This so called Indians,Chinese and d rest are subjecting us to the same inhuman treatment they subject their populace through.
    It's high time we let them knw that this is NIGERIA and not India or China or ... I m calling on those affected to get proofs-preferably video-use ur fones-use wateva means necessary and lets send dis proofs to d NLC,TUC,National Assembly etc.Who says we r not capable of repeating wat has happened in Tunisa,Egypt,etc, this time, not against our president, but against dis multinationals,against our representatives and senators if they refuse to act wen dey get dis proofs; for if dey cannot defend the youths of dis great country with the powers dat have been vested on dem,den dey need not be called our legislators.My fellow youths,it's either we collectively move dis country forward for a better and great tomorrow,or we continue to wallow in fear and watch our trrw slide into d abyss of ruin for which prosperity will judge us

You will also blame our useless politicians and past governors,who will siphon and take our money to foreign lands and invest there.The indians are the worst and i feel like seeing JONATHAN myself to discuss these issues with him.No be small thing.OK FOODS,BEST BITE etc are all asians firms.

i still dont understand your point.is it possible for them to maltreat us if we dont maltreat ourselves.dont we have mater degreee holders that sweep floors for these people in europe.we blame govt for everything.i worked as a casual laborer in dangote and am a graduate.so why should i blame chinese indians.pls forget some of us are more terrible than these guys is just that we dont have the opportunity to project our wickedness.go and read frantz fanon,u will know the meaning of jealous settlers

Brothas, i understand very well. if WE don,t start cutting off their heads, i don,t think the government will recognize this fact of exploitation, humiliation, injustice and slavery in MY FATHER LAND. this is our home, some fucking hole can,t come and exploit our graduate who have spent hard earned money to get trained in the university after all the WAHALA and want to treat us as illiterates. Go to Tower Aluminium, Asaba Aluminium where a graduate is paid N24,250 per month. imagine u are employed and an illiterate earns more than you. i know the government is aware. they are only waiting for us graduate to start up something by taking the bold step of dealing with these illitrate that called themselves expatriate before they can come to our aid.

BROTHA, THE COUNTRY IS ON OUR SIDE AND WITH US ON THIS MATTER. GOD THE NIGERIAN GRADUATE, GOD BLESS NIGERIA

some of these guys are illegal immigrants, uneducated and very crude in nature.i worked with one from UK, he is not educated, a carpenter but a project manager in Nigeria. i give the blame fully to our govt. we are suppressed in our own land, treated like 3rd class citizens! what can we do? there is no job anywhere and they take advantage of it. our immigration body is not trying at all! people who are not professionals coming here to put us down. my company did a project where 98 percent of resource persons were naija. on completion, a Lebanese that could not speak a correct sentence, who does not know one bit technicality in the job was there during the commissioning as the project coordinator. i cry for naija. inside oppression, outside depression! which way our leaders?

I hope ghana must go bag will not change hands along the way? cos.that's the only way we can get to the bottom of this issue.

Do you really blame these people? It takes two to Tango!
    They can not be so bold to come to Nigeria and mete out wickedness to Nigerians without due collaboration from our Nigerian compatriots.
    Take a look at the letterheads of these companies managed by these people; they have the names of top Nigerians as their Chairmen and members of their Board. Reason being that, if there is any "Trouble", they have "the powers that be" to shield them.
    In addition, because of the greed and corruption in the land, their Nigerian "associates" have thrown caution to the winds and have fully engaged in illegality with these companies; ranging from Tax evasion, use of substandard materials, poor staff welfare etc.
    In all, the government is to be blamed for majority of the atrocities committed by these companies. If the government of Nigeria places high premium on labour laws and staff welfare both in Public and Private sectors, am sure these Monsters won't transmit as much wickedness as they do today!
    However, the earlier the mass sensitization and subsequent "revolution" begins the better!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

ppl let ovacome our faer with gud facts, i so mush supotthis mision and let wk it out. THESE HALF OYINBO MUST LEAVE OUR CONUTRY NOW OK

@Natimy, please they shouldn't leave but cautioned, there should be laws policies protecting the welfare of Nigerian labor force and job security where you have the right to take any arsehole to court if he/she treats you disrespectfully.
    I

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123