+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: slave labour these foreign asian employers

Re: slave labour these foreign asian employers

My fellow comrades, I agree absolutely with what everybody is saying in the house , it is high time we stood for our right so that we put an end to this inhuman treatment .
    I will suggest we get the appropriate authority informed about this development then we take it up from there

Today’s Nigeria Tribune
    OBJ, IBB, Abubakar, others may lose life benefits
    | Print | E-mail
    Written by Ayodele Adesanmi Thursday, 17 February 2011
    FORMER presidents of the country and military heads of state may lose the life benefits approved last year, by the Senate for them, their wives and children.

On the list also are Senate presidents, their deputies, speaker of the House of Representatives, their deputies and chief justices.

The Senate had, last year, through the passage of a bill for an Act to provide remunerations for former presidents, heads of the federal legislative houses and chief justices of the federation, approved the benefits.

The bill stipulated that members of the families of the deceased former presidents and vice-presidents would be entitled to annual payments, as shall be recommended by the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) and approved by the National Assembly and in manner as shall also be prescribed by the National Assembly.

But, on Wednesday, the Senate Committee on Federal Character and Inter-Governmental Affairs declined to lobby for funds for them in the 2011 budget.

The chairman of the committee, Senator Smart Adeyemi, told officers from the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), who were in the National Assembly to defend their 2011 budget, that he could not defend the request.

Senator Adeyemi’s refusal was hinged on the fact that past presidents did not deserve that treatment, because they were comfortable, while he insisted that they had “mismanaged Nigeria.”

According to him, “my conscience will not allow me to champion it. The past leaders should sacrifice the perk for the development and employment which they failed to provide during their reigns.

“Tell them to sacrifice. The hospitals have no drugs, the roads are bad, there is no electricity and most graduates are unemployed.”

The Permanent Secretary in the office of the SGF, Mr Taiye Haruna, who represented the Head of Service, said former presidents were to be provided with a five-bedroom duplex within Nigeria; allowance for their staff, and three vehicle to be replaced every three years.

He added that the former presidents are also to enjoy free medical treatment abroad and a luxurious treat whenever they are in Abuja.

But Smart Adeyemi disclosed that “In a situation where there are a lot of unemployed graduates roaming the streets and threatening a revolution, rather than give this money to them, we should use it to generate employments.”.

sunflag is also one of them, it is the worst of them all.

Re:

It wil be in order if we can start listing d names of those companies here for proper documentation. 1luv!

Na so my brothers, I'm currently working for an indian company in kogi state where i'm being paid #30,000 monthly 7am to 7pm infact we are just working like slave for them. i'm even thinking of quiting this month end. something must be done about this by government

a luxurious treat whenever they are in Abuja.
    Lets take to the street because of this statement above...they are part of our problems.
    I BELIEVE IN WHAT U BELIEVE...

Its quite pathetic. The truth be say this people apply the same suffer head wey dey their place here. If only our leaders can stipulate a minimum wage for different cadres of employees and place serious punitive measures to check employers who default at the same time the Judiciary should equally sit up to the task.

Imagine a graduate of civil engineering been paid 11,300 naira/month, in a road construction industry in maiduguri... And our leaders are sitting down comfortable in their office, i think it's time we make it HOT 4 them...
    Me

My brothers it is high time we make move on this sensitive issue because if we relent or keep shot our children will not forgive us because they will ask us dady mummy where were you when ASIAN , LBANESE, CHINESE forstratinfg the labour market.
    Progressive where are you?
    My opinion and a surgestion
    1. Let nigerians working in some of this establisment get facts, pictures, address of stablisment
    2. Let us have a medium where our opinion can be pass across like TV station, Dailys news paper, Joint, public places
    3. Let arrange with a lawyer among all our colleague in chambers who can use this as a project

I rest my case for now.

kole

When i ponder on things like this, my spirit weeps! A country richly bless would totally ignore the youths who re supposed 2 be the leaders of tomorrow.
    Please permit me 2 ask some obvious questions....

1. What has NCC done in view of exploitation of Nigerians by foriegn Network provides?

2. Why are the Asians free 2 do wat they want with unemployed youths without govt regulations?

3. Why is so hard for the legislators to pass the bill for the upward review of the minimum wage?

4. After comrade Adams left NLC, wat has the present excos achieved?

China and other asian countries re 'blessed' wit a large population hence labour is relatively cheap and exploitation inevitable.

I rest my case.
    ..Diff btw here and there is "T". T for time

Toooooo bad my poeple. the indians,also employed me true one of my broda inlaw in lagos apapa, ROMARONG thouhg i no dat i neva belong to that kind of set up, 8 days later, d bagga looked @ me and said he have problems with my name=JOHN, he collected my id card and oda svc material and ask me to live the coy. i meet my cosmate there as maintenance manager but few months later my cosmate died tru motor accident on official assgnt. my ppl, these guys re evil and terible in nature. TOOOOO BAD

it is not possible for them to treat us this way if we have not been doing it to ourselves.i used to have this mentality of yours but i have learnt my lessons.dont we have casual workers in nepa nnpc etc?so if a foreigner comes and does the same what is the big deal.my guy stop being a complainer.check inward before you look outward

Re:

@joe4life,haba if nigerians ar given oportunity to choose wia to work as casuals,i bet u wont find any goin 4 those asian 'prisons'or slave camps. No any naija parastatal wil tel u to work 7am-7pm. U wil also b asignd flexible shedules not like d asians wia u wil a askd to execute 3pple's job under presure or strict supervision.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast