+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: SHOULD NYSC BE SCRAPPED?

Re: SHOULD NYSC BE SCRAPPED?

Cool guy, its unfortunate you are of the opinion that the NYSC should be scraped. its possible that you arrived at this conclusion because of the unfavourable expereinces you had during the one year National Service.
    I beg to defer. i think the NYSC scheme should be encouraged beacause of the following reasons.

1. it fosters peace and unity.
    2. National integration is encouraged.
    3. Participant in the scheme come out enriched with new ideas and experiences which in the long run aid in developing that individual.

instead of dwelling on those bad experiences, and the present joblessness in the nation. its important for our youths to channel their minds and creative ideas towards other activities that can earn for them.

visit my webpage for more info.....
    To your success!
    http://www.coolcashjackpot.net/index.php?ref=gregov85

I will suggest we rather look at the issue from the perspective of getting the good out of the scheme. We can not throw the program to the thrash bin just because of poor management and implementation. What can we do as a team, a forum and a family to improve the lot of the future generation aimimg to put on that uniform of pride and adoration? Way forward house!

Well I see your point.

But will they listen to us.

I am a slow walker but I never walk backwards.

Will they listen to us if we clamour that the one year waste of time program be scrapped? So, either way, let's see how we can get a sensible use of our time during that period.

An additional training, a professional qualification, etc.

Do enjoy yourself.

@Sceptre

Much as I will not want to argue with your point, Let be more realistic here.

Out of the thousands of graduates that go into the scheme how many of them benefit?

I will tell you only 1 in every 1500 graduates enjoy the scheme. If I am not even under-estimating it.
    I have often told myself that any scheme the rich man is not euthstatic about is not worth it. How many of their children go into creeks, deserts or remote villages?

None

If the program is worth its onions the oil majors will support it but today they don't even accept corpers. do they?

So why shouldn't it be scarp and we use the one year programm to develop ourselves rather than add an addtional year that will further disqualify you for job based on age. Abey make they remove the worthless program it is doing both the government-who has to waste their resources-and the graduates -who waste unnecessary time no good.

U are only giving those thieves more money to steal if u say they should scrap NYSC and use the money for something better.
    The better something they will use it for is to carry ahawo go america go bang. Common guys u know Nigeria too well now.

NYSC haha. it should not be scrapped but should be reviewed to be beneficial. its done not only in nigeria. other countries have their own military services that is compulsory. if u dont serve ur country u might not be able to handle federal appointments like the ministerial. take for instance someone that lived in lagos throughout, birth, primary, secondary and tertiary education would not know much the mindset of others in the rurals.
    Also pls NYSC does not Hinder the opportunity of not getting a job. but due to the competition in the labour market the more qualified person takes the advantage, depending on the coys requirments.

As for risk. our daily life without God is risk.even the desired job in question u dont know the devil that is waiting for you. so always pray. Life in the creek can meet you good fortunes.
    God bless us

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy
    @ Mcdonstep

Do you know that most female corp memebers are being abuse sexually in the name of posting?

What of corp members that is been posted to areas not suitable for their living for example someone posted to the creeks that cannot swin you expect me to risk my life a whole year for a kagaroo scheme.

What of corp members left in the jungle cut out from family members and loved ones without food and you call this experince.

How many of the corp members have good experinces? Neligenable?

And after these experinces you come to the unemployment market so what use is it?
    be reasonable in ur arguments, some of us here are seeking for jobs and training in the creeks and jungles with the oil companies. if a bank or oil company will post a staff to the creeks or jungle and cut him off from his family wil he leave the job?

to be frank, some of our graduates are half backed (with much respect) and cannot stand the test of time.

the so called sexual harassment happens everywhere, in companies government offices etc.

@Zilcobs!

be reasonable in ur arguments, some of us here are seeking for jobs and training in the creeks and jungles with the oil companies. if a bank or oil company will post a staff to the creeks or jungle and cut him off from his family wil he leave the job? - Of course you can not compare the security that an oil company or a bank will give to any staff posted to such places you mentioned. For those who can not swim, the company will never post them to such places where they need to swim unless they are adequately trained. The bottom line here is that the scheme does not guaranty corpers' safety - at least the recent jos incident is a good example!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

Guys I don't see why this scheme should live to see another day.

Its dismerits far out-weigh the advantages.

@Moyo

Those thives will still take our money NYSC or no NYSC

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12