+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: NEW NYSC QUOTA SYSTEM.......What do u think?

NEW NYSC QUOTA SYSTEM.......What do u think?

I think Nigerians should react to sensitive issue like this because it is absolutely heart-rending and absurd.How can someone struggle for four,five years and above in school,graduated against all odds with good grades and what is supposed to be the next stage in his or her career will then be obstructed unjustly.
    How can a school send the list of graduating students that are supposed to participate in the NYSC Orientation Exercise to the NYSC and the NYSC,in quid pro quo starts screening or reducing the number of students that suppose to participate to the bearest minimum.THIS IS UNFAIR!
    This Ugly trend come into play in the name of LACK OF FUNDs.
    If the Orientation Exercise eventually becomes the survival of the fittests,then i think it should be scrabbed.
    I am thru with my own NYSC Service but i envisage the stress the intending corpers will pass thru before they will be allowed to go to CAMP bcos of the Newly Introduced System which i think is a Cankerworm.I av got the premonition that this might cause Chaos in Nigeria Education System
    So,what is your own opinion to this issue? Your contribution will go a long way in encouraging and motivating the intending CORPERS.
    I rest my case!

Re: NEW NYSC QUOTA SYSTEM.......What do u think?

Honestly, our country is turning into something else. I cannot come to terms with this NYSC palaver. It is worth saying hat if the government cannot cope with the sum of money being gulped by the scheme, honestly the only way out is that it should be scrapped.
    H

For NYSC to be scrapped,some of the bigboys in govt have to die first....how posssible is that? Even with the new quota system,they will still complain about inadequate funds.who knows,it meght be a gimmick to make the universities start lobbying with a lot of money in order to increase their quota,and this will ultimately end on the prospective graduating students who will be asked to pay a lot of money if they want to be assured of going for NYSC. in all,it sure is a terrible situation.even when i served,they still complained about lack of money...but the question remains-what can we do to effect this much needed change in our educational system.....if not prospective graduates will approach final year with abnormal apprehension.
    The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.....

My our opinion is that the scheme should be cancelled since it is not acheiving it aim of national unity and integrations.

this is my experience.....

i serverd in port harcourt last year and to be candid when i saw my posting i was really exicted since i was an engineering graduate i thought i would have the opportunity to serve in an oil multinational and probably be retained, but to my greatest dismay, when we got got 2 camp, we were told that the "EXECUTIVE" Governor has ordered that no multinationals should absorb any Corper. .. Imagine That....
    with claims that indegines of Niger Delta were usually posted to the north and they come back without jobs since the westerners posted down south usually occupy available positions.

But the funniest part of it is that most of my colleques that we serverd 2gether were indigenes of the state or Niger Deltans.

Well i ended up teaching Jss2 mathematics in a secondary school which was later changed to UBE school
    Are u happy with what u are doing?.............

This is NONSENSE!

What do they mean by this? Quota? It does not make sense to me. T

he fact is that the Government busy in laziness. If a school graduates more than its quota, then what happens to the rest of the people who are not included in the quota?

Government should scrap this program immediately. It is not helping matters at all. The intended unity it was supposed to bring is not in effect. Must we even go through some nasty, weird scheme in order to get jobs?

Furthermore, I think Government should consider opening more job avenues in the manufacturing, oil & gas, agriculture and telecoms sectors of the economy.

Take a good look at what has happened in the banking sector: After the merging and consolidation scheme initiated by Prof Soludo, the banks have become stronger and can now employ more people. It was not the case before.

If Government gives chance for a [competetive] market in the manufacturing, agriculture and oil/gas sectors of our economy, things will improve for the better.

My opinion
    Jojo
    Joshua Otuonye C.<br />08037971139<br />Proudly Nigerian

Nigerian youth have do dosomething we cannot fold our arms and look at these criminals so called big boys destroy this our belove contry. Common NYSC has become a broblem to Nigeria as a Nation is a shem. How can we believe that Nigeria has no fund to sponsor NYSC? God will not forgive our leaders for destroying our future. I served the year 2000 but this case is a serious matter of concern to those that will soon serve. My heat is bleeding for our dear contry Nigerian youth we have to do something befor they begin to sell us like slavesm in our father land.

It&#39;s really funny but what more do you expect from naija-the land of wonders. it very appalling. recently i read about the financial benefits each member of national assembly was going to enjoy in the name of housing,car,furniture and maintenance allowances. one thing our leaders realy know how to do well is to misplace priorities. Paradoxically, Nigeria is too Rich to be poor. I dont think this present issue is about the NYSC. No! It&#39;s not. Other aspects of the Nigerian life are affected too. It&#39;s such a shamem but I know we will be there soon. The easiest way of getting to the promise land is by Imbibing the words of Ghandi in our daily dealings: BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE...

Fellow Nigerian youths, I have all my life prayed for the day the NYSC will be scabbed. This scheme is a serious SCAM! It is wastefull, unproductive and a dangerous DRAIN-PIPE. A graduate is kept in camp, humilated for 21 days (in the name of training), fed with very low quality food in this oil producing country, and given some kind of inferior materials, said to be valued @ #75,000.00. he or she will then be released like an orphan,and posted out for cheap labour. In case you dont know, the federal government is said to be spending close to #500,000.00 on each corps member; but you and i know that this is blatant lies.
    No unity has been achieved since the programme commenced. It&#39;s just a yearly retual aimed at humilating and frustrating young graduates so that these so-called elders will keep saying that they did better than us in their time. Alot of people are busy doing nothing! They know they had failed before 1975, but the fear has always been their jobs and not the youth. They enslave us to make their money. There is more than this but let&#39;s leave it there for now.
    Summerily, if it can be scrabbed, that will be a very visionery achievement fron the yar adua led govt. If you cant go, just be happy that you were not part of the scam. The only thing u hear those who claim to have benefited from the NYSC is "i found my husband or wife in camp", &#39;I was oppourtun to know kaduna for the first time&#39; to me, all these only end up reducing some of our elders to zero. If you need more facts just call me on 08029575335, 062397030 or E-Mail [email protected], am not afraid of them.

This is actually unfair on the Nigerian youth. It is either the programme is scrapped or they leave things the way it used to be. Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]
    AAO

For what its worth i guess we should put this whole NYSC thing in proper historical perspective, looking back restrospectively the aim of setting up the program in post civil war Nigeria have served its purpose. What is the relevance of the program now? In comtemporary Nigeria the issues are not less than they where in its early years. I strong believe the program still has relevance only and only if we make it evolve to be serve more comtemporary issues in Nigeria. Calling for it to be scrapped serves only to reinforce the mentality of niherians towards development- instead of improving a system we always want to change it entirely. Such a call is counter-productive. Ask yourselves this question if you were the DG NYSC, within the limited resources you have and the need the run a program for the number of graduates been churned out yearly and also the limited employment opportunities available waht would you do?
    Men are more like to repay a grievance than gratitude!!!

In my opinion the NYSC scheme has outlived its usefulness.Yes I have served, I hated every minute of it.
    I think it is still the greatest wasted time of my life.It only served to delay my plans by1 full year.Imagine the degradation being subjected the noble nigerian graduate.Oh Lord!
    I have been of the opinion that they should make it optional anyway go if u want or come and get exempted even if u are 24 years old.( half my graduating class would not have gone).
    Quota System.Let us call a spade, a spade.SCRAP the bloody thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate NYSC :&#39;(
    Are u happy with what u are doing?.............

The aim of the scheme is really good and good objectives were in the founder&#39;s mind...............but nowadays old ideas are always money making avenue for some "GLUTTONS"
    "IADEQUATE FUNDS" they all clamor. Some of these top guns are qoth Billons can&#39;t they spare some for the future of their children.
    Well I don&#39;t really blame them, their children are overseas and if not will be the first to be enlisted as member of the youth service corp.

Nigeria has more than enough to power this Youth service thing, don&#39;t have a clue to why we always toy with delicate things, some have been athome now for 8, 9 Months waiting for one bath or the other and just when it&#39;s their turn to go for service then there&#39;s no fund.....IMAGINE

Well just pray cos the best of luck is what I wish every prospective corp member.
    It&#39;s better to be hated for who you are than to be liked for who you are not. Be yourself.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast