The problem is not with islam but the pervasive illiteracy amongst the adherents of the religion. If the leader of such a group can boldly proclaim that muslims should go ahead and marry any CHILD or woman they want, then the doctrines in islam are bizarre to put it succintly. Growing up,we had hausa muslims for neighbours-they had a daughter.About the time i was shipped off to boarding school,the lass was pulled out of class 6 to marry one Yau-a mechanic. Fast forward 6yrs later when i graduated,the girl comes to visit her mum next door with the grand children. The image i recall is of a poorly fed,apparently unloved girl with already saggy 'frontage' and two premature,ill children. I was shocked to say the least,she was barely 19! And the phallus of a husband she has was already shopping for wife number two. If you want to see birth defects that are mindboggling,just come up to northern nigeria. This law is for the poor,dumb,illiterate muslim. Their leaders don't ever give out their daughters before they're of age. Shame.