+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Naija Banks and the development of recruitment fraudsters (member Opinion)

Naija Banks and the development of recruitment fraudsters (member Opinion)

IT IS QUITE DISAPPOINTING THAT SOME EMPLOYERS OF LABOUR ESPECIALLY THE BANKS ARE NOW COLLABORATING WITH DRAGNET TO FURTHER COMPOUND THE ALREADY PATHETIC SITUATION OF THE UNEMPLOYED IN THIS COUNTRY BY INTRODUCING THE GSE.
    IN THE NAME OF GSE , DRAGNET NOW ESTORT BETWEEN 6000-7500 NAIRA FROM HELPLESS UNEMPLOYED ONLY TO GIVE THEM AN ONLINE EXAM THAT THERE IS NO GUARRANTEE THAT THE CANDIDATE WILL BE INVITED FOR INTERVIEW .

NO MATTER WHAT YOU SCORE , DRAGNET WILL ONLY REMAIN IN BUSINESS IF AS MANY AS CONTINUE TO PAY THEM AND REAPPLY IN AN ATTEMPT TO BETTER THEIR PREVIOUS SCORE.

ON THE OTHER HAND THE SELFISH EMLOYERS RATHER THAN SPEND FOR THEIR RECRUITMENT EXCERCISE SHIFT THE FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY TO THE UNEMPLOYED...QUITE A PITY...

PLEASE STAND UP AND SHUN ANY ORGANISATION IN WHAT EVER GUISE THAT EXTORTS MONEY FROM YOU IN THE NAME OF RECRUITMENT

Re: EVIL CALLED GSE

See, i love that . We should stand up and fight them. stupid dragnet people!.

i was loving the idea until now. guess ya'll are right

in fact, you guys are just the right to do. this is because i have not seen in my life where you pay some money before you gain an employmeny, it is a pity in this country for such a thing happening.

Brother and sister please let's all rise and fight the good fights

THATS A GOOD IDEA, WE should rise up and fight the nonsense GSE, no one should write the nonsense

gse; it
    ATB

good one there

GSE

Thanks for your feedback on GSE.

The following content was used as a response to reservations had by a few graduates on another site.
    It aims to offer an alternative view on the N5,000 exam fee for the Graduate Standardisation Examination.

.... the reality is that the cost of job searching will never be zero Naira. On average across Nigeria, it costs N2,500 each way to travel for 1 test with 1 employer, depending on where you are travelling from and to. The GSE allows Graduates to pay once, sit one test at their nearest accredited test centre, and apply pre-tested to a large number of employers, without additional expense, over a two year period.

The SME's have jumped on this through the EDS in Lagos Business School, where almost 5,000 small & medium sixed companies can now reach tested grads, but we continue to chase the big names: (see www.dragnetnigeria.com/vacancies.aspx)

Nigerian companies are showing us that they really believe in fairness and meritocracy, and that GSE is unravelling a lot of truth. Some HND holders are scoring as much as 68% while at the same time second class upper grads are scoring anything from 82% to 14%. With GSE, companies set a cut-off mark, making it difficult for "connection".

Save money, sit the GSE, improve your visibility to more and more employers. Apply for jobs with your GSE ID either on the specific company's website or at www.dragnetnigeria.com/vacancies.aspx

We simplify the job search process and save on cost, for both applicants and employers.

DRAGNET is in this business to make money. My take is that it would not give a damn if you make 100%, it's primary focus is for you to apply and reapply as many times as possible. Head or tail GSE is a scam. We can only overcome this monster by staying as far as possible from it. If I have 7500 K to give away easily I would not need to apply for jobs, I would simply start something

GSE

Thank you very much for your feedback. Let me ask your indulgence because this is a long reply.

First let me start by saying that Dragnet/GSE trully cares about graduates and unemployed young Nigerians. We are constantly working to make things better and easier for them to obtain jobs with corporations.

We have recently donated a Job Centre to the Lagos State NYSC where young graduates can browse recruitment sites for free. We are working with other organisations to see what else we can do in this regard.

We at GSE appreciate the comments and observations being expressed by young Nigerian graduates on various blogs and web sites. Some have been complementary and some not quite so. GSE was actually thought of by the promoters while they themselves were young graduates looking for jobs. They are not strangers to the difficulties posed by job search for a young graduate. The challenges can be catalogued as follows:
    a. Lack of information as to when and how corporate organisations plan to carry out their aptitude tests and recruitment
    b. Travelling to various locations trying to sit as many aptitude tests as possible with a view to increasing the chances of getting a job. Transportation costs alone can be more than N5000 if you do not live in Lagos. You also risk your life on the road while you journey to sit a test.
    c. Coping with the ‘Nigerian factor’ and the need for ‘connection’ which at times influences the outcomes of aptitude tests
    d. Graduates today sit for pre-employment aptitude tests and never obtain feedback on how well they perform in the test
    e. Graduates are having to cope with shabby treatment at the aptitude test venues. In one particular case, Mobile Polica was called in to use tear gas to disperse candidates
    f. Being helpless in the face of test cheats who skew the odds against the good candidates in the aptitude test
    g. Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt residents have an advantage over their counterparts in other locations as aptitude tests are conducted mainly in these three locations
    h. etc.

This cannot be good. For this reason, and to remedy the situation, Dragnet has proposed a centralised Graduate Standardisation Examination (GSE). This is a private, nationally available pre-employment assessment. The Dragnet approach prescribes for employers to all rely on the applicant’s results in the GSE for their ranking and short listing. This centralised and standardised public approach brings the following benefits to the graduate applicants:

a. It offers equal opportunity to all applicants as they no longer require privilege information on a company’s testing dates as well as special favour to be short listed for the test. Exam centres are in the public domain and will be open to all graduates all year round
    b. With results in the GSE Exam, applicants should soon be able to apply to the top 500 companies in Nigeria
    c. GSE would offer applicants a one stop shop for their graduate entry pre-recruitment assessments for the top 500 companies. You will neveer need to scout and search for tests again. We are also trying to make available to candidates almost 5,000 SME companies. Vastly improving your chances of getting a job based on only one test.
    d. Applicants no longer need to travel to the major commercial cities Lagos, Abuja and Port-Harcourt in order to be assessed. GSE is available nationwide
    e. Applicants are provided with immediate feedback on scores
    f. Transparency on cut-off marks allows applicants assess their performance and puts their minds to rest
    g. With GSE, applicants can retake the exam after six months. They are given a second chance
    h. GSE allows applicants to schedule their exams to a date that is most convenient. Sessions are available all year round allowing applicants sit an exam only when they feel comfortable, they can also reschedule if not convenient
    i. GSE allows everybody equal opportunity and is based on meritocracy. It provides a level playing field
    j. With GSE, applicants get sample questions which give them an idea of the type of questions to expect. They can prepare
    k. Applicants do not suffer from lost script, examiner fatigue/tiredness, transcription errors etc. The GSE process is completely automated and fully computer based. System and process integrity is very high
    l. Biometrics and digital photo checks exam mercenaries

Young graduates should be aware that there are some conditions that have made graduate recruitment a challenge to most organisations, and has contributed in no small way to the lingering high unemployment levels in the country today. These conditions have had a negative impact on the numbers employed, the frequency with which they employ, as well as the manner in which they are employed. Some of these conditions include the following:

a. The prevailing high level of unemployment resulting in part from the high population of our nation has meant that employers always have to deal with large number of applicants per vacancy
    b. Conducting of aptitude tests by organisations has become a major burden which they find time consuming and very cumbersome.
    i. the organisations have to devise methods of coping with the crowds as many graduates will turn up un-invited
    ii. they need to control and catch out the exam and test mercenaries who are now the order of the day.
    iii. provide the required manpower to mark the scripts of thousands of applicants
    c. Aptitude tests are seen as a major distraction from the company’s core activities.

Most organisations will agree to the fact that they harbour a lot of real vacancies within their organisations. Vacancies which ordinarily should be filled by any one of the many unemployed Nigerian graduates who are ready, willing and able to perform as required. Unfortunately, such vacant positions are not being filled at the rate and the quantum they should. The reason is simply that commencing a graduate recruitment campaign with all its attendant challenges in terms of time, logistics and security, manpower and other resources means that such campaigns are easily put-off till a later date. It also means that such campaigns cannot be held too often if at all.

The introduction of the Graduate Standardisation Examination is a remedy to the above described situation plaguing employers and applicants alike. The Exam provides computer based, central testing and assessing solution, which allows employers and applicants cope better with the challenges of testing and the hassles inherent in that activity.

With the GSE, the screening process for graduate intakes will no longer be a challenge as employers will simply define the range of scores they are willing to accept. A cut-off point will be determined and they can proceed to shortlist the applicants based on their scores. The applicants are called for interviews directly. We envisage that, making the process easier for employers will see them taking up more graduates than is currently the case.

GSE really cares about graduates. We believe that time will show that we are bringing more benefits to the applicants than we are to the employers. With GSE, the discrimination between HND, 2:1 or 3rd will reduce and later end. You have an opportunity to shine and demonstrate your aptitude and reasoning ability irrespective of your grade or qualification.

The GSE will bring better times for applicants.

GSE apologises for this very long response.

Its sad that different people or organisation sprung up all in the name of helping the teeming unemployed graduate....to what extent is this real...different story about....

"osachuka

Re: Skye's Gse
    « #7 on: Today at 03:47:42 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I DONT BELIEVE THERE ARE VACANCIES IN SKYE BANK.I SUBMITED MY GSE SCORES TO BE ABLE TO ACESS IF THERE WERE VACANCIES TO MY AMAZEMENT WAT I SAW WAS NO VACANCIES. AS FOR THE DRAGNET I REGISTERED WITH #7500 SINCE THE INCEPTION AND THEY HV NOT CALL ME EVEN IN MY DREAMS FOR ANY INTERVIEW, TRY GUYS.You MAY B LUCKY" ....this is a statement from someone that looks convincing....pls lets imbibe some ethics and moralty into whatever we do....if this is real pls let it be real rather than taking advantage on our unemployment.

THIS PERSON WHO IS REPLYING ON BEHALF OF GSE SHOULD BE BANNED FROM POSTING REPLIES ON THIS BOARD, WHAT NONESENSE!

HOW DARE YOU TRY TO JUSTIFY COLLECTING MONEY FROM US? THE FACT IS WE ARE LOOKING FOR JOBS COS WE NEED MONEY, WE DONT HAVE IT, IF WE DID DO YOU THINK WE'D BE SEARCHING?!

THIS IS EXTORTION AND IF YOU GUYS ARE SO BRILLIANT OR SO PHILANTOPHICAL OR WANT TO HELP US, WHY NOT COLLET THE FEES FROM THE ORGANISATIONS YOU ARE HELPING?

DONT COME HERE AND TRY TO CALCULATE WHAT WE AVERAGELY SPEND TO WRITE A TEST, IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS AND YOUR PRIORTY SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR AN ALTERNATE SOURCE OF INCOME RATHER THAN EXPLOIT US,

THIS WHOLE THING IS EVEN MORE OBVIOUSLY A SCAM BECAUSE OUT OF DESPERATION, YOU GUYS HAD TO SEND TEXT MESSAGES TO OUR PHONES UNDER THE GUISE THAT IT WAS COMING FORM SKYE BANK, JUST TO INCREASE THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT PAY YOUR PREPOSTEROUS FEES, OW LOW WILL YOU GUYS DESCEND

FROM ALL IVE WRITTEN YOU MUST HAVE NOTICED HOW STRONGLY I FEEL ABOUT THIS SO YOU GUYS BETTER WATCH OUT BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH I DONT KNOW WHO I CAN REPORT YOU GUYS TO AND I DONT HAVE THE RESOURCES TO SUE, I'LL SOON BE IN PUBLIC OFFICE AND WILL HUNT YOU GUYS UNTIL YOU ARE MADE TO PAY DAMAGES! TRUST ME I WILL!
    WE ARE WHAT WE THINK

If Dragnet/GSE truly cares for unemployed graduates then let them give their services free or collect money from the federal government on behalf of the umemployed people. The companies that have engaged in dragnet's services are not even helping matters. Could we say this is a very organised sort of making money from those that don't have?
    Let's be reasonable, no matter what their reasons are, it is not a good venture. I believe it will soon fade away as criticisms will surely kill this dragnet whatever.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast