+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: My monthly Salary = My Transport fare 2 work, Pls advice me?

Re: My monthly Salary = My Transport fare 2 work, Pls advice me?

there is a way that seemeth right to a man, it is something only you have the complete answer to, but if i were you, i would never even see resignation as an option. patient my friend"" who knows what is in the bag for you. keep on, dream on and just hold on, there seems a lot of light at the end of the dark tunnel. God bless us all.

Try and relocte to the area. If you cant, go to the management and see what happens. If nothing happens in three months, flee. If you dont flee after three months, you will remain at break even point.
    "It is while smitting that one becomes blacksmith"

resigning is not the best, the management were once like you so they should understand your plight, except you lied about where you stay, be honest with them and you will obtain favour in their sight. A bird in hand is worth more than 9 in the bush. It is easier to get a better job while working than when you are at home searching for one. God help you make the right choice.
    With God on your side, you can be who you ought to be.

dont resign...if u have to sleep in the office during the week and go home on weekends do it ,a present bank CEO(nameswithheld) once sold oranges around lagos....guy hold on to that job
    Make use of what God gave you

Guy quitting is an Error...,just dream again my man
    Be patient and above all be prayerful, He said in his word that he will
    overturn and overturn and overturn it, until it is no more and when he whose
    turn is, he will Give it to him...
    See u on top man
    KWAS RAY PETER ( 08033997766 )

pls, quit d job so that u have time to find another one bc at the end of the day people wil always bliv u are workin and u v some money.

We all learnt in an hard way. My first job after service was without pay for five months. But it paved way for better one. You can never tell...... next story

my experience might be different from your own but I am writing because I had an experience that I believe that some members of the house will learn from it. (“Some jobs are not job”).

I left school as the best graduating students from my department, everybody was proud of me; The Lecturers, My friends and Family. In September 11, 2008 I was discharged by NYSC.

During my youth Service in Lagos, jobs were coming but I was serving then, hoping that I after I finished my NYSC, I will pick one, but It was different. My quest for a job starts immediately. I search for a job in a every street of Lagos but could not found one.
    I finally found one in a manufacturing company owned by Indians was employed as Quality assurance officer, But the conditions of service of was terrible. I do left my House from Lekki-Ajah by 4:30am and come back home around 10:30pm, sometimes 11:00pm. I worked on shift 6am-6pm; 6pm-6am (12hours). If you are 10mins late, they will deduct N1, 500 (for that day) from your salary. How much is my salary? N30, 000 a Month. If you are late at anything above 10Mins, you cannot enter the company because we enter with our finger prints. They have the finger prints device. (ACESS DENIED) .Your salary can never be complete. And I spent almost the N30, 000 on transport.

In that company you (Employee) are not allowed to answer a call, no matter how emergency it is. You have 30mins for Break, 12:300-1:00pm for morning Shift. I was in the Lab, the Machines runs 24hrs a day, 7days a week non -stop. Products are being produce in every minute and sample will be sent to the lab for Chemical and physical analysis of the Products, Before the Production department can proceed.
    I took the job because I need the Experience, I did not consider the cash. After a while I discover that the experience does not worth the Stress. We are Six (6) Industrial chemists the company recruits in the Lab. Because the officers that do work there before we came Left the job. 3 officers work in the morning shift and remaining 3 at the Night shift. I was the last guy that left the Company in my department.

Why I left the company:
    1) No Safety: “safety First” that was what I learnt from School. I worked with toxic Chemicals and there is no protective equipment and my body was exposed to danger.
    2) When I was employed, I was told that my work is 6am-6pm; 6pm-6am (on shift) Monday-Friday. After three days, my supervisor told me that I will be working on Saturday, and I accept. After a week, the personnel manager called me to sign the terms and conditions of service so that I can collect my appointment letter. After going through the note, I noticed that I will be working on Sundays. I report to my Supervisor who directed me to the Head of department. My head told me that there is a change in terms and Conditions of service that means I will be working for 12hrs a day, 7days a week. I applied for overtime pay, I was meant to know from the personnel manager that the N30, 000 covers the 8hrs normal working hours and 4hrs overtime for 7 days a week.
    3) No Hierarchy. In that company every employees are all equal except the Indians. M.Sc, B.Sc, HND, SSCE, FSLC, Experienced or no experienced, and both Factory workers are all in the same hierarchy. Everybody earns N 30,000 and there is no recognition, no promotion, and no growth. In fact there is no Motivation.
    4) We are regarded as slaves: we came in the morning (6am) as a human being and left in the evening (6pm) like an animal with no life. Movement is restricted, discussion is restricted, and you cannot answer a call. You cannot sit down in a chair. You cannot go out of the company, if it is not 6pm (for morning shift).
    I made up my mind to resign on February 10, 2009; because I have no life if I continue t work in that company. I am not regretting my decision, although I don’t have any job right now but I am OK. Because I strongly believe that God will provide one for me at that right time. I just bought my PG form from UNILAG last week Friday, so that I can upgrade myself to M.Sc/M.phill holder.

My advice to Olaomole

Don’t resign yet, you can only resign if your body cannot carry the stress. Because there will be a stress for you because of the Bad traffic we do experience over there, sometimes you will force yourself out of the Bus and Enter a bike of N250 or N300. Why are mine saying so? You said you will be spending N30, 000 a month on transportation to VGC-Ajah that means that you are staying far away from the Island. Because I am staying at Lekki-Ajah, a stone throw from VGC. Work with them for now, after a week or so, if you can’t cope, then you can apply to the company to increase your salary. Since you said the company has not move there yet. Please don’t resign yet, discuss the matter with your boss. They might review your salary. Trust in God.

D

Guy, i want to believe you are intelligent enough to have posted this on naijahotjobs to ask for pple's advice, then you should equally be wise enough to no that all these pple cannot be wrong!! Whatever you do, dnt just resign from work. Its easier to move from job to job than from home to job, if u know what i mean. Weigh all the advices, arrange them in the best way to be executed and work accordingly. You have been advised to endure for a while, hook up wit a worker who could be giving you a lift, relocate to the island, move to a friends place at the island, spend the week at work and weekend at home, talk to the management about it,............................................... ..............., get connection to another work from there, gain experience from there, etc. Arrange them out and begin to act on the ones you decide but most importantly, PRAY AND ASK FOR GOD"S GUIDANCE. Take care Bro.

Some jobs are worth enduring while some are worth not doing at all. Think about where yours belong first before taking a decision. As for freeman, i really thank God for you for taking that bold step. It is well with you.
    Unbelievable! I see birds in the ocean and fishes flying.

Freeman u really talk matured for a young Graduate, its well with u my brother..
    i would want to know u very well.. u look like someon one could use as a very good Pal..Am kwas by name and read BCH from DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY,ABK. i passed out with u together from NYSC.Am a deltan and really wish we could be good pals. my number is 08033997766

@porter, Whatever you do don't resign, as said earlier "A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush". Wait till your company moves, then discuss the problem with your manager. Whatever he says (positive or negative), don't resign. Just take the problem to the Lord, there is nothing He cannot do. He might suprise you with an increament, or a better job. Just don't quit except the work situation is like that of freeman.
    @freeman, while reading your post I was really touched, about that company you worked for, I strongly advice you to write to Nigeria Labour Congress. There is an act governing labour in Nigeria, just that most Nigerians do not know there rights. That company, is going against the Labour Act of Nigeria, how can they be using Nigerians as slaves in our land. Please if possible post the name of the company...Cheers

My guy d state of things, please do not quit! Global melt down is really burning all aspect of the economic sectors. It is possible you could resign and end up at home doing nothing! Think of it. However if you want to quit because another job is waiting, my guy you can...Wise up!
    L

+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast