+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Topic: Lets form a Union

Re: Lets form a Union

i think is better to match out,contact the CNN REPRESENTATIVE REPORTER IN NIGERIA 4 COVERAGE.GOING TO COMPANIES AND STOPPING THEIR BUSINESSES,I THINK WILL NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEMS.LET THE WORLD HERE OUR PERILS AND CRY ESPECIALLY IN THIS PERIOD OF ELECTION.

WE CAN ALTERNATIVELY BUILD A GROUP ON FACE BOOK AND LINK THE PRESIDENT ON www.facebook.com/jonathangoogluck.

@Poster,

Before you start thinking of forming a union, you first have to determine what cause it is you wish to fight for, what your union intentions are, the basis for the union, its members....blah blah blah.

Not one given to discouraging people's aspirations, but forming a union is a lot easier said than done. Why? The Nigerian factor!!! , there are usually so many commas, full stops, questions marks that need to be attended to before you can get authorization to form a union. Have you done your homework about it? any research on whether or not its feasible, the financial implications, .............?

The idea sounds heroic, but is your money where your mouth is? . You speak of distrupting transactions and businesses of organizations, for you to be heard, am I correct? Bad Bad Idea!!! . Please put the thought far from you, because it is one that can cost you alot. Have you ever spent the night behind bars for 1 day ( during your monthly period), for private or public disturbance, for a cause you felt and knew was worth fighting for? I dont think so.
    The choice of any organization to employ or not to employ is theirs, and their choice to heed Nigerian Labour Laws is also theirs (they fully understanding the consequences of not heeding it, yet they are unperturbed), why? Beats me. Our leader and some of us have sold our birth rights for a morsel of bread. ......

Dialogue is always a better way to achieve results, and like @!Ikemefunam mentioned, there are numerous ways of airing our grieviances, lets examine those ways......those calm, rational ways that have rarely ever made any difference.

Food for thought.......how many youths do you think will go out on a limb for another's cause when his is at stake...... Not very many. Believe me when I say that when the chips are down, ITS ALL MAN FOR HIMSELF, GOD FOR US ALL!!! Please lets apply our hearts to wisdom.

Cheers.

The beauty of this forum is the contribution, criticism(constructively, at times destructively), informations etc.

Every remarks or opinion posted in this tread has advantage and disadvantage. @Smartd1st, thats a nice one because your opinion has made us realize that the question of how, when, where and why we should form this union needs to be addressed but your last statement(All Man for himself) is uncalled for in this courageous and purpose driven proposal.

@Lola, believe me, i completely understand where you are heading to, because honest cause can never be achieved in this country without obstructing one or two activities. One thing you have to bear in mind is that those organization you mentioned are privately owned, they are back by the law to employ base on their need and not by forcing people on them, in fact it is bad for their business, they can claim excessive loss and bankruptcy as a result of this. Okay, even if we succeed, do you think that those people we forced on them will have a happy stay in that coy knowing that they were not employed base on their merit but by force?. Simply put our fight is not against them but against the government that has put us in this terrible state.

@Ikemefunam, i have been saying this without number that face book is good for invitation, contacts and relay of information but it cannot give us the enormous publicity we require to achieve this aim. Okay, how did we come about the demonstrations in Egypt, Tunisia, Libya etc?. Media baby, the media. Thats the kind of publicity we require, so that everybody in this country and the rest of the world will know that something huge is happening and the only way the media will know is if we can come out in mass and demonstrate peacefully. If we limit this movement to Presidents Goodluck face book page, he may claim not being aware of such request from the youth.

Sometime in this post, we received information that the former heads of states(Headed by OBJ) stormed the house of assembly(abi senate) demanding that a bill where they are entitled to two billion naira anally, change of cars every six months and other stupid, insane request be made in their favor. This is the same callous, heartless, selfish, unscrupulous(if i have more words i would have use it) individuals who has left this country and it's citizens (after planning and establishing their families) in abject squalor and persistent poverty, still demand for unreasonable and unimaginable favor, they still have their retirement benefits and pension till date ooo. This is just for you guys to see the kind of unrepentant, mean and wicked people we have in this country and they will continue unless.......................

Do you guys think we should continue to fold our hands, live on our needs and still beg this people to remember they have unemployed in this country(guys i dey vex, i dey vex well well).

My good people as i speak, the legislatures are still considering their request, they appeared public and they were heard. Let ask you again, do you think we shall limit this golden opportunity we have right now to facebook?

Finally to answer a few question on this our planned union, i posted my suggestion at

http://www.naijahotjobs.com/nigerian...igerian-youth/

Please go through and lets see what you think. Thanks

I

His Excellency the Executive President of Nigeria had fulfilled one of his promises. The Federal Executive Council has released $200m to the Bank of Industry to be accessed by theatre, arts and movie practitioners in Nollywood. It a plus to the incumbent government and a boost to that sector of the economy. Above all it is a step in the right direction. In that spirit i make this call of appeal to graduates of Polytechnics across Nigeria; it is time we made a case for ourselves. We can make the President and the national Assembly initiates a process that would lead to an outright abolishment of the HND-B.Sc dichotomy. If we let it be, employers would keep rejecting and causing there to be segregation among holders of such certificates. This would cause series of chain reactions that may include a rise in unemployment percentage, increase in crime rate, higher brain drain syndrome, lower living standards, promotion of corruption and vices, a lost of taste for technical education, congestion in the universities, examination misconduct and malpractices amongst others. Technical and practical education has succeeded where theoretical education has failed. If it has been proved several times without numbers that HND holders are equal to B.Sc holders in terms of productivity and output at both work place and national development level, why is there still a dichotomy? I implore us all to take this bold step and reject the status of second class graduates that is currently being imposed on us by society. If we kept quiet we would have on the long run caused ourselves so much harm and disservice to this great nation. If we pressed the right buttons, we could cause a law to be passed making it criminal offence for prospective employers to reject or cause there to be segregation between graduates based on their certificates. The time is now, the President, our Governors and Representatives in the National Assembly can be accessed through this platform. If we started now, we would surely be better off in the nearest future. LET’S DO THIS.......................Thank you.

Your Excellency, you have addressed several issues, but none have so far been related to the current HND/B.Sc dichotomy. This scourge has a chain of negative reactions that militate against the growth of our economy like increased unemployment percentage, increased crime rate, congestion of our mostly ill equipped universities and a lost of taste of technical education etc. Your Excellency if this issue is addressed we would be better off, since it is becoming obvious that a larger portion of unemployed graduates are polytechnic products that suddenly do not fit in anywhere including federal ministries and parastatals because of this segregation. Thank you.

This is our message please let’s keep circulating this important message until it gets to the appropriate authorities for due considerations and until we achieve our desire goal in this fight of faith.

i really appreciate this move and believe me i will spread this all over....

but come to think of it we really need to do something about this ...this is a clarion call to all polytechnic gradates to contribute their own quota in order to ensure that this issue is properly addressed and solution proffered once and for all.
    IF YOU ARE IN SUPPORT OF THIS MOVE,PLEASE ENSURE TO SPREAD THIS WORD ALL OVER THE WEB,MOST ESPECIALLY TO THOSE IN GOVERNMENT.....

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123