+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: I GRADUATED WITH A 3RD CLASS FROM UNILAG...And so what??

I GRADUATED WITH A 3RD CLASS FROM UNILAG...And so what??

This should not sound funny @ all.People dat graduated wit a 3rd class have the chances wit a ist class and 2.1.It's only a matter of self confidence and your charisma.I'm on my way to pick up an oil job wit Pan Ocean Oil Corporations.So guys,don't be intimated with your 3rd class.It's just a beginning.See u @ d top.

Re: I GRADUATED WITH A 3RD CLASS FROMunilorin and its blocking my chances

will this issue of 3rd thing drive one crazy. pls what do i do cos i have tried to apply for addmissiom severaly but not shortlisted

Re: I GRADUATED WITH A 3RD CLASS FROM UNILAG...And so what??

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuken
    This should not sound funny @ all.People dat graduated wit a 3rd class have the chances wit a ist class and 2.1.It's only a matter of self confidence and your charisma.I'm on my way to pick up an oil job wit Pan Ocean Oil Corporations.So guys,don't be intimated with your 3rd class.It's just a beginning.See u @ d top.
    @Lotuken

The real truth of the situation is not the 3rd class but that the opportunity to come and defend themselves is too narrow. A statics conducted by a private entity shows that only one in every 1465 candidate have been given a opportunity to prove themselves.

Its kinda scary that When you go through the dailys for advert that there is hardly anyone requesting for a 3rd class.

They stigmatize those with those grades. In the advanced world is where it does not paint your future.

Many companys are begining to open their eye to the endless opportunities that exist with the 3rd classes and 2.2 , In shell one of the oil giants, after one of the HR managers decided to test 1st class , 2.1 and 2.2, the results showed that a greater percentage of the 2.2 did far more exceedingly than the 2.1, which goes on to justify that some Grades are actually victims of circumstance, and that you can not jugde a book by its covers. and since then they have always been considering 2.2 in their recruitment exercise

But first the jinx of 1st class, 2.1, 2.2, 3rd class must first be broken and all given a fair chance to sell himself/herself to the best of his knowledge.

one love

I strongly uphold the fact that school grades are nowadays far away from being the appropriate criteria for appraisal.

The regretful fact being that Nigeria has become a system where students easily bribe their ways to distinction, lecturers are corrupt than ever- with leaders who are rather the advocates of corruptible acts. In fact, it's as if corruption has become a way of life.

No wonder the president hit d nail on the head some days ago b4 his vacation-about the leading role of lecturers in producing half-baked, corrupt, yahoo yahoo dullards as graduates. No wonder, by dr fruit u shall know dm.

I think professional courses are the only way out of this-no wonder some firms usually ask for professional qualifications during their recruitment process.

God help us. Is there anything anybody can do to this? God help us!
    No trumpet sounds when the important decisions of our lives are made. Destiny is made known silently.

We shouldn't see 3rd classers as lossers or dullards. I have a friend who graduated with a third but far more intelligent than those of us with 2.1 or 2.2. He speaks good english, writes well and his ideas are superb. I would prefer him to all the 2.1s and the 2.2s i have ever met, if i had a company. One love .
    Unbelievable! I see birds in the ocean and fishes flying.

@owlu i totally agree with you, the paper qualifications most of us carry these days, doesn't do justice to the capabilities of individuals, a practical session most times sloves a whole lot of doubts.
    Thanks<br /><br />Remain Blessed All,<br />Best Regards,<br />Naija4Life.

It's wonderful isn't it? How does this happened? You will pulse for a while and ask the question 'how was that dude being able to get the oil job wit a 3rd'? Now the answer.I was opportuned to meet one of the staff of the company while a was having a weekend fun in a restaurant.We exchanged pleasantries and She asked me if i were a graduate.I told her i had a 3rd in Materials Engineering from UNILAG.She smiled and asked me a question based on corrosion control mechanism.I answered her with full confidence and i told her i know much about corrosion in any field of Engineering.She then asked me to forward my CV to her which i did.On tuesday after the weekend,i was called and that was it.So,it's what you know that gives you the job and your interpersonal charisma and self confidence are the guidelines to secure the job.One love

Quote Originally Posted by saint2ace
    the paper qualifications most of us carry these days, doesn't do justice to the capabilities of individuals, a practical session most times sloves a whole lot of doubts.
    I really wish many of our so called multinationals will realise this.
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

It's wonderful isn't it? How does this happened? You will pulse for a while and ask the question 'how was that dude being able to get the oil job wit a 3rd'? Now the answer.I was opportuned to meet one of the staff of the company while a was having a weekend fun in a restaurant.We exchanged pleasantries and She asked me if i were a graduate.I told her i had a 3rd in Materials Engineering from UNILAG.She smiled and asked me a question based on corrosion control mechanism.I answered her with full confidence and i told her i know much about corrosion in any field of Engineering.She then asked me to forward my CV to her which i did.On tuesday after the weekend,i was called and that was it.So,it's what you know that gives you the job and your interpersonal charisma and self confidence are the guidelines to secure the job.One love

@ Lotuken!

Congrats on your employment!

Having the charisma or self-confidence like you claim is not the only thing that can give you a great job. There are people with 2:1, charisma and self confidence and are yet to get a job!

Yours is simply a case of God's Uncommon Favour!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

Brodos n sistos in da house, for me in particular I have never seen people with third class as dullards or as people with low intelligence quotient. Most of these guys were just victims of circumstances in one way or the other, like I know a guy whose 3rd class from all evidence points to the fact that he had a disagreement with a lecturer while in school. Its that bad! Again the situation of unemployment in the country has made these companies that we look up to for employment to put in several screening measures just to cut the number of applicants for jobs. I don't think this situation is that bad in most advanced countries of the world. May God help Nigerian youths!

+ Reply