+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: How do you cope with your Boss, Share your experience?

dvt

How do you cope with your Boss, Share your experience?

Having a bad boss is more than an annoyance. Dealing with an unpleasant boss can be uncomfortable, It's the main reason people leave their jobs amongst other reasons. Increasingly, that's a tough choice these days.

Personally i've had so many impassionate bosses/employers in the past that only think of how to increase their profits not minding what their employees have to go through towards achieving their goals, they never catered for employee welfare, even when you're sick they only pray for your quick recovery so you can quickly come back to make more money for them, some even will bring job to you on your sick bed, it goes on and on it can be really horrible.

So if your boss is sometimes or most times weird and you feel you have no choice but to stay, how do you cope?

Please lets hear your individual experiences.

Cheers.

Do the good you Can while you Can...
    Naijahotjobs.com

Re: How do you cope with your Boss, Share your experience?

In life there are two choices ; I will tell you the better, always be in a good mood; be a natural motivator;
    always look on the positive side of a situation. each time something bad happens you can choose to be a victim or learn from it, I advise you to learn from it;
    always look on the positive isde of a situation; you have a choice to enjoy life or hate it; in the face of death you can still choose to live; I have chosen the positive side of life no matter the circumstances around me; i have chosen to put up with any kind of human being no matter the disposition of such a person. In summary, everything about life is a choice; always choose the positive side. In every terrible boss is a positive side of him or her; choose to see only the the positive side then you can work with any boss on earth. Good luck!

Personally, almost all d people i've worked with have got at least 1 bad side. So what i do is to study them critically and then manipulate my way around them and when i feel i cant take d heat anymore i politely object and it works believe me but if u do dt all d time ur boss might think u're a trouble maker. Dt's wat i do and i endure becos until i become a boss myself i'm under training and as a leader i should be able to work with all kinds of pple. Cheers
    My latter will definitely be greater than my past.

Hi, I had the same experience..... It was really difficult. I almost had to quite the job. A female boss is very difficult...

But... I found out one thing... That I could just overcome the situation...and I did...now she thinks I am the best staff she's got on her pay roll... she even buys me breakfast most of the time.
    Mysteries are been unravelled daily...Watch out!!!

SOMETIMES I DO HAVE NASTY EXPERIENCES FROM MY OFFICE BOSS. HE IS A MAN THAT ENJOYS PROBING INTO EVERYTHING ABOUT HIS SURBODINATES. HE DOES OVERSTEP HIS BOUNDS PARTICULARLY MATTERS THAT ARE NOT OFFICIAL. HOWEVER, I DO ENJOY HIM ON SOME OCCASIONS LIKE 'COOKING UP' SOME LIARS TO GET MONEY FROM HIM.

well, i work in an Insurance company and seems to av similar experience.infact still in it. I av a female boss and she so harsh , some thing rude and not minding what the outcome of her speech will be. Anytime she gives me any work, she expects the results in few minutes, even when she calls my name, she would want me to answer her by creamy "Maaaaaaa" .and many other ugly habits of hers but u know what, "Patience'' is the answer to them all. If not for patience, i would av reply her one of those days. but now, she realizes her errors and apologises.
    I know that nothing is impossible to do as long as I have God in me. keep smiling to the Next level.

I av some nasty experience about my former boss,but fortunately or unfortunately he is no longer in the system.He used to be the pompous, intimidating, discriminating,& always pass the bulk type.My first encounter with him was wen i was employed newly;we were 3 in no,then he was just made d mgr of my dept.d first meeting he had wit d 3 of us;was about were we came from,state of origin & tribe.I was so amazed & wonder how this got to do wit the job.And he later requested for our CV.Of cause we gave it to him; but i was wondering Wat he was going to do wit it after passing the rigorous interview & submitting our credentials to the HR dept.Then i later foundout that he was an OND holder from there he now did his HND(part-time);got his PGD & NSC & a professional cert. i.e he started from grand zero thru d ladder.So those of us that has B.Eng looks like threat to his off.And of cause we are only 2 guys that have dat.
    He is that kind of person dat loves gossips,sycophants,backbiters & pretenders around him.wenever he sees me maybe working on a job;he comes around to say all kinds of nasty words not minding if it hurts or not,including u want me to sack u now,hw many minutes will it take u to complete dis simple task;dat we are all incompetent,we don't know anything;he is d only qualify engineer in d coy etc
    But unfortunately for him he was asked to resign after mgt found out dat he was a clog on d wheel & replaced him with an Indian man that got equivalent of city & guild
    richard omatsola akporido; dob,sept.23;B.Eng. mech. eng.,edo state university,ekpoma.presently with petroleum warehousing & supply ltd;sahara-group ph

Dear all,

working with a difficult boss is not something one should pray for but if we happen to find ourselves in such a mess, the best thing to do is to think about how important that job is to you. i.e., is it a job you can do without? if yes, please resign but if no, then you have to have a survival strategy becos this situation is not one that is a walk in the park.

I have had to work with one for years. The experience helped me in many ways than I could imagine. It made me a better person. I became more tolerant and patient, developed a better relationship with God who alone helped me through those years. I learnt how to count it all joy indeed (it was not funny though). I learnt how to become a prayer warrior who prays without missing the mark or target (laughs). I learnt how to deal with my pride and selfishness.

Really, when you find yourself in such a mess, God actually puts you in there for your good and not evil. Then after achieving His purpose, He often deals with the one who oppressed you. (this is certain).

Learn to focus on the good side of things and not the negative - you will be shocked that you will find reasons to smile all day inspite of the harrassment. And guess what! when you smile instead of putting up a sad face, your boss is thrown off balance as he no longer gets the satisfaction he desires i.e. getting you worked up.

Really, am yet to find a boss as hard as mine but i was able to live through it and turned it around for my good. Sometimes you end up revealing the good sides of your boss which he/she is trying desperately to hide in his/her harshness.

To tell the truth if you can work on this, your boss will be the best supporter you would have, to the chagrin of your colleagues. These type of bosses are often the best when it comes to being nice.

I have worked with both male and female bosses and all have found me indispensable because of the way i reacted to their bad habits. They often end up saying "Only you understand me, I cannot work with any other but you". (laughs)

Remember to respect them no matter how mean they are. This often throws them off balance (i do not mean man-worship or eye service).

Have fun inspite of all odds

Honestly,it hurts working with a boosy kind of boss.One thing is clear,put in your best and commit him to prayer for a change of attitude.Before you know it,he will be the very one you will love the most.
    Dont forget,all fingers are not equal.Your first assignment is to understand him,where he/she is coming from.physiological and all others.Learn when and how to talk to him.All these will help to make you know and relate with him better.Dont be seen as a lazy about,meet deadline and be early to work.
    In all,respect is earned not given.The best is for us.Cheers!

+ Reply