+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Female Corpers Banned From serving in the Bank : What your opinion?

Female Corpers Banned From serving in the Bank : What your opinion?

LG boss wants female corpers banned from serving in banks
    Written by Tony Edike
    Friday, December 5, 2008

ENUGU—CHAIRMAN of Awgu Local Government area of Enugu State, Chief Uche Anioke has advocated the ban of female participants in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme from carrying out their primary assignments in banks.

He said that some financial institutions in the country have turned such ladies into “banking prostitutes and cheap labour” even as they are given unrealistic targets that expose them to danger.

Anioke, a former commissioner for youth and sports in the state and NYSC member during the 1984/85 session in Oyo State, regretted that the nation’s commercial banks, especially the new generation ones among them now turns female youth corps members posted to them into “banking prostitutes” saying the ugly development has defeated the objective for which the scheme was established.

He recalled that the NYSC scheme was established by decree No 24 of 22nd May, 1973 by the then General Yakubu Gowon Regime with the objective of inculcating discipline in Nigerian youths by instilling in them a traditional industry at work and of patriotic and loyal service to Nigeria in any situation they may find themselves.

The council boss who spoke with reporters during a welcome party organized by the Local Government for the batch C 2008 corps members posted to the state, frowned at a situation where some banks would pick a female corps member and sent her out for marketing after setting a target of over N20milion for her.

Such actions of the nation’s financial institutions, he noted, has negated the objective of the NYSC, adding that “I don’t think the scheme was set up to serve private organizations, it was established to serve the Nigerian public.
    I am a slow walker but I never walk backwards.

Re: Female Corpers Banned From serving in the Bank : What your opinion?

na today, it is not all about banning female corpers, what about ladies working in banks, it is a common trend for them to sleep with clients to meet targets. anyway, maybe they can start from there sha.
    JEHOVAH JIREH IS GOOD TO ME

government should provide good jobs and people will stop dying for bank jobs.i dont blame them,they need to be retained

Well,since it has become common knowledge that female corps members are being used as "scape goats" to be used as corporate prostitutes,it is only fair that there is a concrete evidence to back this fact up and make it an issue of national interest, it is best to illuminate the situation of things to the Nigerian public and not incite them by mere says.
    More so, let it not degenerate to a gender discrimination argument,as it would be a favorite discuss to those who do not know the magnitude of the situation. We need to describe the objective of this movement with utmost care and adhere strictly by the rules,before engaging ourselves. Even wars have rules of engagement,lets try to thread gently.

More so, let it not degenerate to a gender discrimination argument.

That's the problem.

bullshit

the house is rulling infavor of the head as the king and not the body carrying it.
    if the bank increase you salary you have the right to say i dont want increased salary as this comes with increased target. the girls can decide to get a rejection leter and get posted to a remote village prymary school with no allowance. tell me in this our generation with girl would want that.

@ineedtopass

Very very few my brother/sister!!!

In my candid opinion the problem is not whether or not female corpers should or should not be banned but in the orientation of our female graduates, i'm not turning this to a gender war cos even our guys are guilty of the same sin, an average lady is ready to do anything to make money these days, i'd say i commend those who do it to keep a job, don't get me wrong i'm not advocating for them but my point is that they have a purpose and a target, what would you now say about people who would sit at home all day, take their bath and in the evening or afternoon meet up with one man somewhere, only to be given peanuts by the guy and she goes home after........... and the process continues, my fear here however is that the younger generation are embracing this dangerous trend and gradually turning our female folks into sex objects to be used and manipulated, while the guys will do anything and i mean anything to "arrive" as they call it, not minding morals in as much as they have money in their pockets.
    So my fellow house mates i think the time has come for us to stop this ugly trend but first we have to change our preferences, which most time is all about money and no value is placed on anything apart from it, these days nobody cares about you being a teacher, a graduate even a pastor if you don't have money to burn. It seems that the level of our progress in life now has a monetary value attached to it, so unless that mindset changes the problem wouldn't be whether or not female corpers are allowed to serve in whatever place but the fact that even in our homes, there will be a destruction of family and moral values.
    Aword they say is enough for the wise, "Ka Chineke Mezie Oku".
    Thanks<br /><br />Remain Blessed All,<br />Best Regards,<br />Naija4Life.

AMEN!!!

Life is all about choices and the choices we make will MAKE or MAR us!

Banning female corpers from carrying out their primary assignment may not augur well because for females who studied banking and finance for instance, that environment will be a better option for their primary assignment; It may also not fully achieve the aim which i believe is to press home the need for moral values especially amongst females who serve in banks.

Whether or not they ban females from serving in the bank, many will still end up working in banks after youth service.

Rather, let it be optional, if the females feel they 've got the juice to serve in a bank with all the "strings attached" let them be; else let them reject the posting!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

How many will reject the posting?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast