+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Brain drain. so what??????????

Brain drain. so what??????????

It gets me very irritated when the government complain of brain drain. Why will this not happen? Many graduates get really little opportunity in Nigeria; difficulty in getting jobs or even creating jobs (I am talking of incentives like loan or management experience). So why should one get the opportunity of leaving the country and not take it?

People should realize that going to school to get educated involves a lot of sacrifice. You pay quite a sum which is usually not easy to come by, you spend at least 18 years of your life reading and everyone knows how unexciting that can be sometimes. If you are abroad and you do not yet have a skilled job, you can still make enough money to live well.

I believe the government is just being a hypocrite as usual, just talking to show they are concerned. If they want to disprove this claim, they should create some meaningful jobs and put out advertisement on the internet targeting Nigerians who have studied abroad and let us see how many brains will be 'undrained'

Until then, please stop complaining about brain drain.

Re: Brain drain. so what??????????

Honestly, I do not know what to say for now!

Re: Brain drain. so what??????????

thank you my broda,that's the reason guys are just checking out of the country on getting the smallest opportunity of travelling out even if it is to go for PhD(e.g.if you do GRE);even if you are not cut for the academics,you just have to go all just because our leaders have made life difficult for their fellow citizens....but lets keep blessing Nigeria,I know one day we will all smile!

+ Reply