+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: B.Sc(3rd class)Computer Science, do i have a chance of getting a good job

Re: B.Sc(3rd class)Computer Science, do i have a chance of getting a good job

laurelc
    , i hope u will help me out too. i read economics though with a second class upper. i just need a job desparately. just help and get me informed.

Hi bro,a 3rd class degree is not the end of this world.I have a 3rd class degree too in Sociology and Anthropology but i went further to bag a diploma in french from the Alliance francaise.I work as customer care representative in MTN.Now,the company is planning to launch a french helpdesk and am one of the priviledged few who will make it happen and that means big pay.I'm not resting on my oars crying over spilt milk,i'm also running a part time PGD prog in LASU.Go do it brother,you will make it!
    Watch out!

hello cedarboi,thats great i also got a diploma in french from alliance francais.if the company is planning to launch a french helpdesk,you can put me through....besides i'll like to get in touch with you [email protected] snd me a mail as soon as possible.thanks

pls where can i get alliance frances in ibadan

dvt

Gimbs4life,

Am not sure of the address for Alliance francais in Ibadan but there's a centre where they teach you how to speak French, Russia, German.. etc. its adjacent to BCOS, Bashorun, i:e after BCOS by the left if you're coming from Idi-ape, you can get Alliance francaise address from there.

cheers.
    Do the good you Can while you Can...
    Naijahotjobs.com

This issue of 3rd class is rather unfortunate.It has created a discriminatory policy of screening out potentially gifted and creative applicants from progressing with their lives.My advise for the recruiting/recruitment agencies is to set aptitude/qualifying test to all classes of graduates,with the understanding that the affected graduates will be shortlisted based on their test performance .And on the day of the interview, their certificates can only be screened just to certify that they actually attended the schools they claimed to have gotten their qualifications. The various Univesities should strive to initiate a policy of classlessness in their standard of operations since most students are saddled with different inherent limitations ranging from poverty, nervousness, restlessness,insecurity, peerpressure ,immaturity, arrogance,stingingness in information delivery,lecturers' sarcism and indifference, improper research, satisfying the parental wishes, reading a course you you dont love improper orientation programmes which is carried from the secondary schools to the university and most painfully; The near total lack of instilling the practical entrepreneuric spirit in the live of the student.
    There is no student that is really dull except for peple with psychological problems. Its just that most of them are reading courses which they do not have a passion for and they choose to imitate their peers just to follow the crowd or obey their overbearing parents.
    I am a 3rd class Ecostat graduate of Uniben. And I have passed every aptitude test that I have been given the opportunity to write,but my certificate had had a way of limiting me. I have always been a dogged fighter and the impending fear that I am just too good to be employed had created this discriminatory method of using the quality of my PAPER to screen me off. The banks are not even helping matters: when you even initiate the idea of self-employment which is bound to attract capital,they will come up with all rejection techniques including the fact that you are not a practising businessman ,just a mere beginner.
    Though if the government have been sincere,they should have initiated a comulsory Loan scheme for all NYSC graduates , at least with the proceeds from the loots and oil windfall this should not have been too difficult to realize. The Technical aids corps ought have been restructured to accomodate NYSC graduates since there are shortages of manpower in many African ,SouthAmerican and Asian countries who have an understanding aggreement with Nigeria, but the government is Nepotising the whole system either by selling the opportunity or by giving it to their family members. Needless for me to talk about the Federal Character Commission which only emphasizes the quota system.
    I am a freelance writer,a gifted business negotiator,amateur singer[no real performance], a freelance consellor[though not a certified one], a passionate teacher, a relationship adviser. All these are attributes God has given ,but I have had little or no opportunity to translate them to reality because our system has emphasized this negative policy of paper qualification. And I know of so many people with similar attributes who have chanelled theirs toward criminality,hence we talk 419ers and the likes
    What I feel is a remedy to this 3rd
    class question is that graduates should identify their area of zealous interests, learn everything they can about it,pray about it and then locate an area which heavily demands for it and supply it.This is the initiative I have taken and it has been fruitful. That is the only way of out this quagmire. And you will later discover that as you beging to make money from it, you will be directly or indirectly creating contacts that give you the opportunities you have been longing for
    Thanks
    Elvis
    [email protected]
    08025494457[text only]

I have friends working in these companys/organisation. Virgin Nigeria, EcoBank, Crest tech(oil serviving company), Celtel, PNN(telecoms solution company) etc. They all have something in common, they are all 3rd class graduates, they are good at what they do, they are relentless and hard working and I can tell you they are been paid well. Mind you, they all got their jobs without any insider assitanse or godfather/mother. You can also do it if you believe.

CEDERBOI could you please tell me where alliance francaise is located in Lagos

The only person that can stop you from making it in life is YOU. Guy it is not a matter of your degree but God's decree. All the same try and develop yourself more by acquiring extra qualification like cisco and other and i believe with God being on ourside we will all make.

Apart from the alliance francais in Badagry, is there any one within Lagos were one can obtain a diploma in french. Please anybody with useful information should just give me a line with this add [email protected]
    Because he lives, we can always face tomorrow

All your contributions are immensely wonderful.I would like to specially salute what i see as the 'giant' in Salmac and the genius in Metroguy! I believe with these contributions all the 3rd class holders will not give up but rather be fired up and worked up towards success!

Alliance francaise Lagos addresses:

IKOYI

Alliance française

4C, Ruxton Road, oof Glover Road opposite Home Science Primary School

Tel: (234) 1 269 2035 / 2365

Fax: (234) 1 269 4181

YABA

Alliance française

239, Herbert Macaulay Street Alagomeji, Yaba

Tel: (234) 8911 337 / 338

IKEJA

Alliance française

Inside Ikeja L.G.A. Primary School Premises Behind Archbishop Vinning Memorial Church off Oba Akinjobi Street Ikeja

Watch out!

MY FRIEND YOU HAVE 100% OF CHANCE OF BECOMING WHATEVER YOU WANT TO BECOME,HOW TAKE ABORD STEP TO ENROL FOR PGD IN ANY OF THE RELVANT COURES AVAAIABLE IN ANY HIGH INSTITUTETION.
    YOU MAY START TO UPGRADE YOU CV IN THE ICT INDUSTRY,BEING TRAIN IN ORACLE,NETWORKING,WEBDESIGING ETC.
    JUST TRY TO HAVE FOCUS OF WHERE YOUR GOING.

GOD BLESS YOU
    UCHENNA EMMANUEL

3RD CLASS ECONOMICS GRADUATE WHAT IS MY CHANCE OF SECURING A JOB AS EVERY OFFER IS 2;1 AND 2;2''''PLEASE

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast