+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: IS IT ADVISABLE FOR A PENTECOSTAL TO GET MARRIED TO A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

IS IT ADVISABLE FOR A PENTECOSTAL TO GET MARRIED TO A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

Pls house i'm in love with a Jehovah's witness guy.
    Is it advisable to get married to him,though my parents are against it and they feel is not wise.
    Are they really christains.pls back ur answers with reasons.
    thanks.

Re: IS IT ADVISABLE FOR A PENTECOSTAL TO GET MARRIED TO A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS

jehovah witnesses are even more christian than pentecostals,They believe in Jesus as the son of God and the only mediaator btw God and Man... they teach directly from the bible and do not add nothing or remove any(Christmas,birthdays,easter and other pagan doctrine that has been incorporated into the socalled christianity). If they were a sect or something how come ur boyfriend has not hynotiszed u to become one or how come All the ppl they preach to do not be jehovahs witnesses.They are really not touched when ppl ask if really they are christian bcos ppl questioned even jesus if he was the christ and ultimately killed him.I have had very close association will them and admire them alot for their boldness in preaching.......Ur boyfriend probably is not a serious witness cos the ones I know cherish their loyalty so much and will not want to dampen it with someone who does nt even know wat his religion is abt.Sincerely he does not appear to be serious with his religion.....so his religion shld not be an issue for u

@ tiff he is very strong in it but in personally told him i wont join him not until i'm convinced abut his religion.I just got to know abut them thru him.

There are few religion on earth who are real students of the Bible and am very sure Jehovahs witnesses is one of them. They are just too good when it comes to the scriptures and they strictly adhere to their believes and more interestingly, proving it from the scripture.

Truthfully speaking,i know many Jaywith and no SERIOUS witness would even date a non witness weather pentecostal or any other religion in as much u are not a witness.(they believe only in marrying only in the lord) which from all evidence they say refers to persons that share the same faith irrespective of ur church.

I really think it should not be an issue cos a real witness will never compromise his believes. You should be ok with this guy if he claims he really loves u. Gone are those days when parents has 100% decision to take,the ball is in your court girl.

I think u must have dated for some time b4 the marriage issue and u should have studied him better irrespective of his tribe,color or religion..I CANT TELL WHOSE RELIGION IS THE BEST,BUT SINCERELY SPEAKING-when it comes to the BIBLE and for sticking to its teachings, THEY ARE THE BEST.

There are few religion on earth who are real students of the Bible and am very sure Jehovah's witnesses is one of them. They are just too good when it comes to the scriptures and they strictly adhere to their believes and more interestingly, proving it from the scripture.

Truthfully speaking,i know many Jaywith and no SERIOUS witness would even date a non witness weather pentecostal or any other religion in as much u are not a witness.(they believe only in marrying only in the lord) which from all evidence they say refers to persons that share the same faith irrespective of ur church.

I really think it should not be an issue cos a real witness will never compromise his believes. You should be ok with this guy if he claims he really loves u. Gone are those days when parents has 100% decision to take,the ball is in your court girl.

I think u must have dated for some time b4 the marriage issue and u should have studied him better irrespective of his tribe,color or religion..I CANT TELL WHOSE RELIGION IS THE BEST,BUT SINCERELY SPEAKING-when it comes to the BIBLE and for sticking to its teachings, THEY ARE THE BEST.

Jehovah's Witness doctrine does not give room for marriage outside the religion but some have deviated due to reasons best known to them. However, I must say such ones can not be as dedicated as required of them although God has the judgement.

If your man is such that demands of sex or give that has disqualified him as a witness notwithstanding whether he sleeps in the kingdom hall or preach throughout the month. If otherwise, demand of him the reason why he chose you and not from within his religion as expected of him surely, he will give you a reason.

But as to whether your parents are not in support, or you not convinced wether they are christians or not others have answered you the best way. If you are the type who believe in one man one wife with not infidelity then you are on the right track because infidelity is not in anyway condoned in the organisation and there are stiff penalties for such unless it is not known to the decision makers.

If you can join him it will be better for you.

Its not about which is more than christian than the other. The fact remains that both sect have different christian viewpoints.

For the marriage to work, one person will have to step down for the other, and I dont see the Jehova Witness guy steping down. They are usually so rigid about their faith.

Dear Tuski,
    The guy in question is not a dedicated Jehovahs witnesses. I am sure he ONLY attends their meetings(bible studies-as it is usually called) with the Witnesses. A confirmed jw will hardly be in the kinda mess. I have made inquiries.

I also agree that a JW will never step down for a pentecostal and with good reason-they can defend all their beliefs using the scripture.If all of us are thought that way in our different churches 2day,then it will also NOT be easy for anyone to step down their faith or beliefs.

Tuski, i srtongly believe that u should know this guy better that any of us on the house. For all i care, he may be a witness and still be a BAD person. HAVING A COMPANION IS GOOD. GETTING MARRIED IS EVEN BETTER BUT STAYING MARRIED IS THE BEST...all the best our dear sis

thanks to u all.
    cheers

imagin this: can there ever be a good relationship between a fish and a bird? sure ur answer is obvious. however there are some some bird that can survive pretty well in water, but only 4 a while. but the question how many fish will want to b friend with a bird who is there now, and the next minute he is gone.
    Jehovah,s witnesses are strict adherance to bible standerds- though few are defaulters, with seriuse consequencies to their consience and relationship 2 God. those one could even b worse than one who has not known God. becouse if any one can be so disloyal to God in such salient issue, he can b disloyal to anyone-including u.
    back to u: u are the bird assuming ur man is d fish, how happy will u be with a man who important goals and views are not d same as u- seriouse test of ur love lies in d future not now think well.
    4 all u care, he might just be playing on ur emotions- as u claim he is a strong witness, so b wise.
    so if i were u, i will ask that he introduce me 2 his friends, parents and collegues. mayb u can get 2 know his tru intention from there.
    and never go to bed with him.

acquire what ur heart desire no matter the fire. do u love him/her?. half a word is enof for a wise.

YES, no godly person will even commit fornication(sex b4 marriage) in a relation. otherwise-its futile

+ Reply