+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Topic: Are u planning to come to the University of manchester?

Re: Are u planning to come to the University of manchester?

@etiese. You made a mistake by trying to make a good advice seem very fishy. What was your initial plan in asking the house to contact you directly for your solomonic "advice"?

@ucheson2007. Please, don't misinform the house. There is no basis of comparison between Nigerian and British schools. All of the people I know who undertook their masters degrees in the UK are of the opinion that we don't have engineering schools in Nigeria. How do you compare the "theoretical engineering" we have here in Nigeria with the "practical engineering" in the Uk?

asked any one who attended engineering school in any western world.
    I repeat again, is the same, the only difference i see is dedication from staff member and some of the courses have been modernized to suit current trend in engineering.
    Those practicals were not obtain from university, the only thing you do in the uni lab is verification of principles you are taught. you only have insight into the practical per say if you are enrolling for research where you will be using more of lab equipment.
    Mind you to be called an engineer in the uk, us canada after bachelors, you must have graduated from accredited school and trained on the job for the minimum of fours yrs, this is even supervised training not any how training. Those practical are acquired in the field period. No university will equip you will practical skill if you like go to even MIT Engineering.

masters na masters any where. 9jaooo ukooo usoo its all the same. no engineering masters degree will make you a pro in the practical aspect. its the same calculus, Laplace transform, and fourier series. nothing more.so whatz the hip for? they cheat in exams every where.9ja not an exeption. the msc has not added so much to the industries apart from class distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by ndcide
    masters na masters any where. 9jaooo ukooo usoo its all the same. no engineering masters degree will make you a pro in the practical aspect. its the same calculus, Laplace transform, and fourier series. nothing more.so whatz the hip for? they cheat in exams every where.9ja not an exeption. the msc has not added so much to the industries apart from class distinction.
    F

I've read through all the preceding comments with interest and would like to say the following: First of all I am currently studying an engineering course at masters level in UK. It seems quite true that UK schools are very much interested in International Students Fees (who wouldn't? when we have to pay so much). I also agree that the M.Sc doesn't automatically secure you a job (not even in USA). However, you cannot compare the level of exposure and competition you are faced with here in the UK with what is obtainable in 9ja (we are talking about a First-World Country here). Over here you're dealing with up-to-date innovations and ideas rather than out-dated theories. If you can afford it, then I'll advice anyone to pursue a master's degree in UK, especially if you have a sincere love for knowledge and hard work. If you think you're coming here because you want to get a job and earn big money afterwards then you're making a big mistake; you should instead turn into a business man. This is not to say you can't get a job after studying here, but let that not be your primary purpose. For me, whether or not i get a job after my studies, i'll be happy that with what i have learnt so far, I have added unquantifiable value to my career and life as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by ndcide
    True talk my brother. Some people have even concluded plan to sell their parents only plot of land at Lekki in order to abroad for masters not minding the consequence of such action.
    F

Quote Originally Posted by Obukho
    I've read through all the preceding comments with interest and would like to say the following: First of all I am currently studying an engineering course at masters level in UK. It seems quite true that UK schools are very much interested in International Students Fees (who wouldn't? when we have to pay so much). I also agree that the M.Sc doesn't automatically secure you a job (not even in USA). However, you cannot compare the level of exposure and competition you are faced with here in the UK with what is obtainable in 9ja (we are talking about a First-World Country here). Over here you're dealing with up-to-date innovations and ideas rather than out-dated theories. If you can afford it, then I'll advice anyone to pursue a master's degree in UK, especially if you have a sincere love for knowledge and hard work. If you think you're coming here because you want to get a job and earn big money afterwards then you're making a big mistake; you should instead turn into a business man. This is not to say you can't get a job after studying here, but let that not be your primary purpose. For me, whether or not i get a job after my studies, i'll be happy that with what i have learnt so far, I have added unquantifiable value to my career and life as a whole.
    true talk! but no body goes to school without expecting to be financially enhanced in life. no wonder our lecturers these days go all length to get money. coz after the calculus, laplace transform etc and u cant afford a Belgium car ?.. that one no good... After spending millions on Uk masters, It MUST translate to a reasonable financial enhancement.forget that unquantifiable value thing jare. coz the money is the common factor if not the HCF sef..

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123