+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: Are u planning to come to the University of manchester?

Re: Are u planning to come to the University of manchester?

Man you said it all, the guy is studying at imperial where he is paying the top pounds .Their tuition is about 22k pounds for master.Moreover UK schools are not all that good. They are just interested in Int, Students fees. Imagine universities offering oil and gas engineering course to someone who read biology and had no engineering background. From my observation UK schools are similar to Naija where you cram pour and fashy the stuff. You are only adding more to paper certificate with no work exposure, though it might be a stepping stone to some jobs and can give one edge over other who dosen't posses the same certifificate.

IF YOU DONT HAVE MONEY FOR UK EDUCATION,YOU CAN ATTEMPT SOUTH AFRICA EDUCATION...IT IS ALSO ONE OF THE BEST

Junior Member makavelli_kamikaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adex08
    IF YOU DONT HAVE MONEY FOR UK EDUCATION,YOU CAN ATTEMPT SOUTH AFRICA EDUCATION...IT IS ALSO ONE OF THE BEST
    One of the best in which course? We talking of oil and gas, engineering, medicine, art, law, etc not violence, robbery, murder, burglary and rape.

Quote Originally Posted by ucheson2007
    Their tuition is about 22k pounds for master.Moreover UK schools are not all that good.

That is about N5,500,000 for Master.

They are just interested in Int, Students fees. Imagine universities offering oil and gas engineering course to someone who read biology and had no engineering background.
    Interesting!
    F

Man you said it all, the guy is studying at imperial where he is paying the top pounds .Their tuition is about 22k pounds for master.Moreover UK schools are not all that good. They are just interested in Int, Students fees. Imagine universities offering oil and gas engineering course to someone who read biology and had no engineering background. From my observation UK schools are similar to Naija where you cram pour and fashy the stuff. You are only adding more to paper certificate with no work exposure, though it might be a stepping stone to some jobs and can give one edge over other who dosen't posses the same certifificate.
    Exactly, they r only interested in d money. wonder wat someone dat read biology can get in engrg within the so called 6 or so months of lectures. I'l advise such a person to go 2 countries where M. Sc is a 2yr program like the US, Canada, Germany, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by makavelli_kamikaze
    No, I'm not coming. Some people have spent their life savings there and ended up with no job. Gone are the days man. Thanks for the offer though.
    Life is all about God's favour and not UK masters

maybe the person in question had a first class or/and have an oil and gas work experience. but do u really think the person would not do well in that course?

JTy

If it's God directing one, then, there no need for fears. It's good to let people pursue their dreams. But it's also good to say the bitter truth like these.

Plssss, can anyone offer adivce on the current US Visa Interview tips / experiences? Your simple information could go a long way. Thanks.

JTy

House, I mean can anyone help with info about the current US student visa interview tips or experience. No info is useless plsss. Thanks.

Last-last d J.O.B. na God hand e dey ...

Sometimes too na we be dey cause our palava ... i know one guy wey read Naija Bio-Chemistry for undergrad come here come do Masters in Gas Engineering for Salford ... My pipulu, how can we relate these two courses

Thinking of coming to Salford for M.Sc Oil and Gas engineering. All I've been getting are tales of woes and scary stories. I've got my funds though and read a relevant course, but during this period (economic crises et al), value is the most important thing. So I ask, if a
    UK masters is worth it on the long run, does it have a short term advantage i.e quick job offer et al or is it better to secure a relevant job here (*?!) and get a study leave. (Current status-job seeker).

smh...some people just don't get it . There is no university in this world that will guarantee you a job after ur masters or whatever u study. At the end of the day its down to the individual to distinguish them-self and find their calling. Some of u are talking about job job job is that all there is to life, what about going to further ur study just to give you a different perspective of your subject of interest. I don't think any serious minded organization will bother employing some of us who just come out and make statements that lack deep thinking. To get a job is harder than keeping a job, you will have to work hard at developing yourself to sell urself as an idea...and if u have masters degree and can't do that I feel sorry for you. There will always be tales of woe and tales of triumph, u make ur own story. So don't come and be knocking off other people's idea of getting masters as a waste of time, if thats what you want go for it...the only thing I can say is make sure the school you go for has history and reputation of producing the best and work hard yourself at the end of the day its not a sprint to who gets the best job, its a walk to see who makes the best out of it all...time and chance happens to them all.

@ house, true talk, gone are the days when we hear going abroad and we start wishing. Nothing dey dere o! Oil and gas sef except na for known schools like imperial no dey sell again o! one has to be careful when chosing a school and course, make e no be say u don throway money o! Id rather go to IPS dan go abroad se to do Pet Engr. Well said, allow God to guide you. Finally methinks its all about the benjamin.......

One luv

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast