Closed Topic + New Job/Topic
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Topic: SPDC Shortlisting!

Cool Re: SPDC Shortlisting!

to the GLORY of GOD: 've gotten 'Shortlisted' too...!!! Please, good people in the house should help forward any related past test/interview materials to me: [email protected]

THANKS A LOT!!!

Re: SPDC Shortlisting!

thank God for those of us that hv been shortlisted,,,,i really hv materials for the test,,but is in hard copy so i wouldn't be able to send it to many of us online...if there is anybody that hv been shortlisted and live around FESTAC,you can reach me so that can reason together,,,,[email protected] or 07070250082,,
    you ar welcome,,,

TrippleC: thx a whole lot! May God bless u for dis critical info

got shortlisted as well. what next? anyone with useful info about what next and past questions should forward to [email protected] will really appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by dot1q View Post
    if u don't have d right words, why don't you just keep quiet! someone asked for description and you are mocking him. Be wise! What you don't know, you ask about!

Learning: the illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.--Alvin Toffler.
    Mr dot1q, dont let me categorize you with mutaka. What kind of graduate does not know what a cover letter looks like. That is not the sort of question you ask and get an answer to.

@Oluf20...guys abeg lets keep moving forward, before beef and kilishi will fill the whole house. I remember applying for my first job back in March 2009, I was asked to upload an cover letter...seriously, I never knew what a cover letter was, I ended up uploading an application letter, had to google the whole thing up later, then and only then did it dawn on me that I had guffed, but to correct my error, I ensured that everyone I passed the info over to did the right thing. Brother he needs help, lets give it to him...mind U he could be a fresh grad like I was back then.

@Cover letter peep...please google any info u want, U'll have a handful of relevant info to work with.

@Tumtum...always welcome bro, we are here for one another, discover anything that could be beneficial? SHARE! SHARE!! SHARE!!! That was the way I met the hose back in 2009, guess we should maintain it that way.

@heleex...follow the link below, Login into ur account, click on the APPLICATION MAINTENANCE tab, click on the EDIT PERSONAL DETAILS tab, it'll take you to a pop-up window where u'll see two tabs at the top left hand corner. the first tab says; personal details while the second says UPLOAD CV/RESUME.
    Click on the second one, you'll see the browse and upload task panes, upload d new cv, and delete the old one fro their database.

My Application - Careers

Best wishes bro.

this link takes u to your login page, from there it is still the same as I have explained above

Hello guys,mine says shortlisted too.Any one with past questions should please send to [email protected]

Triple C. thanks for the info so far. what exactly are u expected to edit? my status has been showing received for weeks now and im want to edit but just don't know the key areas to concentrate on? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ella009 View Post
    Triple C. thanks for the info so far. what exactly are u expected to edit? my status has been showing received for weeks now and im want to edit but just don't know the key areas to concentrate on? thanks
    Curriculum Vitae/Resume - Writing Tips - Careers

From the link
    You will need to upload your CV when you complete an application form, your CV forms an important part of your application and will be reviewed when we consider your suitability for Shell. It might be useful to refer back to our criteria of Capacity, Achievement & Relationship and ensure that you demonstrate evidence for these in your CV.

Let ur CV reflect these ,and mind U...
    The layout of your CV is flexible, however ideally it should be no more than two pages long. The use of headings such as Education, Career History can help to clarify sections. Don't use fancy layouts as these can detract from the contents of your CV.

My 1st CV was abt four pages long, when the long wait was no where coming to an end, I had to effect these changes, I was able to bring it down to a little above 2 pages, and ensured the HEADINGS and FORMATTING matched theirs

Full Article
    A CV is a record of your personal, education and work details. It should be as up to date as possible. The layout of your CV is flexible, however ideally it should be no more than two pages long. The use of headings such as Education, Career History can help to clarify sections. Don't use fancy layouts as these can detract from the contents of your CV. Don't make general statements about your qualities. Make sure you can support your statements with evidence. Try to link your skills and experience to the requirements of the job you are applying for.

A good CV will include:
    Personal Details

Keep this section brief - your full name, address, email address and phone number are important.
    Education Details

Usually stated in reverse chronological order, with your most recent experiences first. Include details of the name of the institutions, the dates you attended and the qualifications you obtained / will obtain.

Think about the relevance of the information you detail. You may want to include a list of relevant modules, information about projects and dissertations undertaken, average grades and/or skills developed.
    Career History / Professional Experience

All experiences count, whether paid, voluntary or shadowing. These are usually stated in reverse chronological order with dates to illustrate how long you were there. Focus on your responsibilities and achievements in the role and remember to highlight where skills were used or developed.
    Positions of responsibility/achievements/interests

These are all relevant sections to include and can be used to demonstrate that you are motivated to pursue other activities, have an interest in a relevant career and take the initiative to develop your involvements and skills. Try to focus upon recent achievements and what your contributions were, skills developed and outcomes.

Please remember that this is a platform for you to demonstrate your key attributes and qualities, recognise your own achievements and the key challenges you have overcome. This is your opportunity to demonstrate this and potentially could be your first step through the selection process.

Best wishes ella

@Ella...Yl editing pls, don't shoot yourself on the foot...never burn your candles from both ends, DON'T WATER DOWN THE IMPORTANT INFO, JUST RE-ORGANISE THEM IN SUCH A WAY THAT THE COMPUTER CAN "SEE" THE RELEVANT DATA.

I had to cut off my 2nd yr, 3rd yr IT left only the fourth, because that can express my capacity wrt the criteria better. re-organised my heading with their exact words(Once beating twice shy...lol)

Hello guys! Congrats 4 al those shortlisted, greater things ahead of u ! Pls , incase of any useful materials, dis is my email adres.* [email protected]. Thanks

@Triple-C: u know what?! u r just a blessing to this forum! Followed ur advice and it happened in less than 24hrs and in fact, u saved me from one horrible mistake. I discovered this when I had to re-edit my CV. God bless u!
    @K2mature: God bless you for creating the awareness!
    @Oluf20: I should have let this die down but I will tell u to be humble and reasonable! when people ask questions in places like this, they r probably befuddled and just need someone to talk and put them tru. Mocking makes them feel out of place. Their ignorance doesn't always mean u know more than they do in the real world - u might just have been blessed with the knowledge of the little they don't know! God bless u too!

@all: good luck!!!

Closed Topic
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast