+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Topic: Shell Shortlists(Thats what my applications status states)

kau

Re: Shell Shortlists(Thats what my applications status states)

Quote Originally Posted by sleekender
    Good day House,

I am disappointed in the manner at which false information is being dissipated on this site.

I applied to Shell on the 4th of April, 2010 and on the 8th of April, 2010 I received an email telling me I have being shortlisted and have being invited for an interview. My status on the Shell website was also changed to "shortlisted".
    It is also important to note that I am not from the Niger Delta region.

To those who have being trying to segregate this recruitment to a particular region, I think it is time you stop discouraging others. Also, this confirms that the recruitment did not end on the 31st of March, 2010, but it is still ongoing.

Wishing you success as you apply!

@sleekender,
    How exactly did you apply?Nobody's dissipating wrong info because so many of the guys here tried applying but could not.I don't know how you did apply. I am also surprised how you got an email for interview when they have not started sending emails.
    You better stop deceiving people here when you have no proof.

House, let us all take it easy. I know this is a crucial matter, but the more anxious we get, the more we might become vulnerable to false information. My advise is keep calm and be watchful, do not be gullible. I see things becoming much better...just be patient and remember God, you need his help.

Have a Productive Day all.

@sleekender, u better stop deceiving diz house. I put it 2 u that u're lying coz that site closed since on the 31st March, 2010 and i even tried the site on the 1st of April till dis moment, it has closed. So pls stop lying. Another tin to prove that u're lying is that.

A friend of my that works in thier HR Department said they are only shortlisting via ur log on account(i.e on the status of ur logon page). when u logon to ur recruitment page in shell's website, if u are shortlisted, u will see shortlisted. They have not started calling for interview, he said the notice for interviews will be done via e-mail or phone call. So pls stop deceiving this house.

Once again, i have said earlier that this recruitment is only for Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta states, but a lot of u guys don't seem 2 believe me. i have a copy of the mail that was circulated in shell within thier staff regarding dis employment. But for security reasons and confidetiality, i won't disclosed d mail. This mail was sent to some CLO's, Community Leaders, Community Relations department and Shell's Niger Delta content department asking Community Leaders within these 3 states asking them to inform thier youths. And

However, they are still shortlisting. Those wit 2.1 tat met other requirements stand a better chance to be shortlisted even authomatical or within 1 wk after applicantion.

Good luck

kau

@kanismith,

thanks a great deal for this info.

See below the mail from shell! What would I gain from encouraging people to apply to Shell, when I have already being invited for an interview?

Your Ref No:-00xxxxxxx

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for your application expressing an interest in pursuing a career with Shell. We are pleased to inform you that we would like to invite you to attend an interview. One of our Candidate Co-ordinators will contact you in the near future to make the necessary arrangements.

If you would like the opportunity to comment on your experience of the recruitment process, please find attached a link to the Candidate Experience Survey, www.maven-web.net/sce/login.asp?Quest=52&Route=3. A third party supplier manages this survey and your individual responses will not be made available to Shell.

Once again, thank you for your interest and we look forward to meeting you

Kind regards

Shell Recruitment

My friend has just applied to Shell by 4:30pm today (Friday, 09 April 2010). @kainsmith, I also have a copy of the email which you claim to have (it claims to provide a preferential link for the application process) which is the same as the website. But, I can assure you that the application is still ongoing, you'll have to choose Shell recruitment day as your route to Shell and also select Africa. Anyways, I am just spreading words of hope, do not discourage people from applying, I think everyone should still try and apply and not rely on all information they get from here.

Kind regards.

Nwoko_emmanuel, i tried ur method and many others, all will lead to d same destination

Kau is right, Nwoko_emmanuel possibly use UK for "current resident"

Pls. if u are not aware of the situation, kindly ask and not mislead others

like I said b4, this opportunity is real
    and for Delta, Bayelsa, and Rivers state,
    for Others that applied, you did the right thing. there is no arm in trying.

"Ufouma77 gave April 8th as closing date"
    we tot it was 31st April, bcos it became impossible to apply after 31st

I initially got the info. from Uk.
    later received a text from Shell on the march 30th
    but could not apply btw 1st and 7th of April

I received another email from a shell staff on the April 6th, I called him and informed him about the difficulty to apply, but he was not HR

my friends from Uk applied 3rd and 5th

i decided to use United Kingdom as my Country of Current resident in the Eligibility page to apply on April 8th, since using Nigeria will lead to a dead end!!!

NOTE: I used my Nigeria address to fill the application pages and when ever error message shows up, I use my backspace button on keyboard,

after submission, I got "New Application" as my status

today it has become "Application Received"

I prayed that It becomes "shortlisted" and later congratulation You are employed" in Jesus Name
    Amen

like i said in tread "Shell Requirement? to be shortlisted" and "Shell recruiting Engineers.... Ending today!!!"

I have nothing to loose

This debate is really getting out of hand wit accusations and counter accusations. Lets get something right here, we re all trying to be our brother's keepers.
    To the issue of Uk or Nigeria, Oilprince i urge u to be careful, neva can tell wat actions myt be taken but all the same it's worth a trial.
    @sleek i don't get it.
    @house, i think this opening is not the traditional SITP otherwise the advert would ve been made public. One thing is constant in all our claims here, this info was circulated amongst shell staff who then got their ppl informed. So i think we Shld not loose sleep for the real advert. Secondly, tho preference is given to indigenes of delta, rivers and bayelsa, there re a couple of ppl from other regions that got shortlisted. And who says it's automatic, there re a lot of "qualified ppl" dt ve not been shortlisted. I hope i ve been able to bring down the room temperature...
    Long Live Our March to Greatness

Oilprince,
    Get me straight, I AM NOT COMMENTING ON THIS THREAD TO MISS LEAD PEOPLE OKAY.
    I cannot mistake N for U. That is not possible. As at the 1st of April, the steps I listed previously was valid. It worked and as I said earlier My Application status says APPLICATION RECEIVED. Even on the 2nd of April, I sent in an application for someone and SPECIFICALLY CHOOSE NIGERIA AS PLACE OF ORIGIN. The application went through.
    I tried for some one else on the 3rd of April, all I saw was NO MORE VACANCY.
    So get me straight man. Am not misleading any one. Am only sharing my application experience.
    If you have any annoyance as to missing the vacancy opening please do not vent your anger on me. It's not my fault.
    I almost missed it too...

Have a Great Day.

My status now reads shortlisted and i'm not from Rivers,Delta or Bayelsa. so guys please dont be discouraged by wot anyone has written.

aint shortlisted yet

pls guys sheath your swords...
    @Nwoko no body is saying that u are misleading ppl, it is jst the frustration ppl got trying to apply thats all.
    @Bri~ish congrats
    @efjaysharon be hopeful
    I still think there were a handful of ppl who got their application thru. But i blv most couldnt apply bcos of the 6months -2years policy of applying to Shell. In any case, it is worth all the effort. Any idea from anyone when the next stage starts

hi house am kind of new here.
    i applied on the 31st of march but it still shows application received please i want to be clear on this

+ Reply
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast