+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Shell is Bias

Shell is Bias

They brought out an advert codedly (without officialy puting it on the newspaper and their website) where they quickly informed their children and relatives to apply early. This advert by hearsay was supposed to close on 8th April 2010, but only lasted for one week.

At that, some of us who applied even before (i.e. around 30/31 march) the advert was hurriedly removed from their website, our application status still shows application received, which is an indication that our application/CV was not even looked at by their HR department.

Now, they have started organising aptitude test for the shortlisted candidate, with their children and relatives who got an earlier information as the major beneficaries.

Re: Shell is Bias

@Alleluya- i see u are new here, the info was out on this website the very day ppl started applying. I for one wasnt told by anybody to apply, i ve a habit of always checking the big multinationals website everyday or any time i am online. So when i checked on 23/03/2010 i saw the vacancy and quickly applied. And by the way, alot of ppl were shortlisted and all of them can not be related to SHELL executives.... so jst pick urself up and be on the look out for any slightest change in Vacancies in the major companies.... CHeck out MOBIL now, word is that they too myt not publish the normal way.... so keep nose sniffing out the info, in addition i am sure the house will always blow the whistle on any coded info out there.... ur job, check regularly(or as often as u can).... Thanks and God bless

I still think shell is bias and has a preference 4 engineering graduates. I applied 4 d job early enuf but my applicatn status read regretted afta abt 1wk despite d fact dat i have a gud 1st degree result. We wey no jack engr make we go die na.

Shell is not biased o. Its not just engineering graduates they need. ur application may be regretted if you have applied recently to shell or somehow they feel one doesnt just fit. Keep trying God still dey.

@Ufuoma, I totally agree with Alleluya.
    The advert was never published anywhere by shell. It was only leaked out by some internal guys. Also, the application did not last as long as it was supposed to. Applications closed on the 31st of March against the 8th of April which we originally heard of.

Lastly, many qualified guys still have "application received" as their status and I myself wasnt even able to apply cos the site kept telling me "No vacancy" even though I applied b4 the 31st....with all these irregularities, Alleluya absolutely has a point

hello house, shell did advertise on their website and till the said 8th April the advert was still on the site. That u didnt hear of it or was not shortlisted doesnt make them baise, guess u didnt expect them to shortlist the names of all applicant. Just keep trying to apply with some other company. If shell did nt shortlist u some other company will. Take note these adverts specify requirements, qualifications and experience. All the best

Shell is baised O!

SHELL HAVE REFUSED TO CHANGE MY APPLICATION STATUS,THIS PREJUDICIAL.ANY WAY LET ME INFORM MY COLLEAGUES IN THIS FORUM THAT I HAVE STEPPED IN.HOPE AND PRAY AS IF UR LIFE DEPENDS IN IT.THANKS

@brownice2 I met all the requirement given by Shell, I am from delta state, I graduated in 2006 with a 2.1 in elect/elect engineering, and a masters degree in Control Systems engineering from Imperial College London in 2009 by the grace of God.

I dont think they are biased I have seen someone on this forum who said he applied on the 8th of april and he has been shortlisted.I am well qualified too but my application still reads 'application received'. nero444 was shortlisted last week thursday.i'm still expecting an outcome of my application following the confirmatory message I received after applying that the outcome shall be communicated to us in the future.whether good or bad,God dey
    Your success story is on the way,with God all things are possible

gzl

I don't think Shell is Biased, in my opinion.
    @Alleluya, @lenski5a, I applied on 30/March and was shortlisted. Like @oseglobe rightly said; someone claimed to have applied on 8th/April. I would like you to know that I don't know/have anybody in Shell. I just saw the advert (which was purportedly said to be only for Niger-Delta grads) on this forum and I applied. I'm not a Niger-Deltan. It might interest you to know that I applied last year, but was regretted then. Thank God, my story don change.
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

gzl

Quote Originally Posted by gigaleo
    I still think shell is bias and has a preference 4 engineering graduates. I applied 4 d job early enuf but my applicatn status read regretted afta abt 1wk despite d fact dat i have a gud 1st degree result. We wey no jack engr make we go die na.
    @gigaleo; Truly you should expect something like this, I mean preference for Engineering graduates, by such companies (Shell, Mobil, BakerHughes, Schlumbeger, etc) cos that is their main line of business.

But since you didn't jack engineering, you don't have to go die as you people (social science/Arts/Management etc) also have a number of good places that you can work that will be perfect with your background knowledge (i.e course of study)........Cheers
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

@Alleluya,
    If you really are an Alumnus of Imperial College London , then you should not feel sad, if you are not shortlisted, there are other good chances that will come your way, just relax and pray hard, this life is all about luck and favour at a particular point in time. maybe they feel that they can pay someone of your qualification after reviewing your CV. I am not a PRO for shell o!,I am only guessing, there are many other reasons which you might not know but believe me it is not meant only for the Shell staff relatives as I know of two of my University classmates who where shortlisted for the test without them knowing anybody in Shell.

Just relax, coz I understand but may not know how you feel. but be rest assured that it well

shalom!
    S

just a few lines, coz my test is on 19th in Ph

I applied on the 8th, wen the site was like difficult to...
    another guy applied on the 10th and is writing on the 12th in lagos.

yes the ad was coded, just like DPR, Halliburton, perhaps d reigning trend. but many guys with discerning ability applied (pardon me for that!!!)
    it was widely advertised here on naijahotjobs.com

@house, guys still on appl... received, you can still keep hope alive or better still contact the HR in charge of the ongoing test to know your
    stand/fate
    guys that have written, thanks for giving us direction, may God enlarge U guys.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast