+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: Shell is Bias

Re: Shell is Bias

@gigaleo
    Abeg, wot is bias about an OIL PRODUCING company giving preferential treatment to engineers. Are Hospital Bias for hiring doctors or Banks bias for hiring accountants? Just so u know, Out of every 10 graduates any oil producing or oil serving company hires, 7 will most likely be engineers. So get over it and focus ur energy on other companies that will be more suitable for u.

@ gzl: i undastand dat companies like shell should have a preference 4 engine guys but my course of study isn't dat far 4rm engr. I studied biochemistry & i still tink dat there must be a place 4 a biochemist in a company like shell. I realy wud love 2 be in d oil & gas industry.
    @ british: Try 2 be more vast in ur reasoning. Your analogy of hospitals and doctors doesn't fit in here. Can u authoritatively say dat it's only engrs dat can work in an oil company? Who do u tink does d administrative work? When there is an oil spill,who does research on how 2 salvage d resulting environmental degradatn. Wat abt d geologists,can an engr perform their task in d oil sector? I agree dat they have preferences 4 engrs(for field operatns & oda stuff u guys do) bt face it they still need pple 4rm oda fields.

Wow Gigaloe! u are sooo vast in ur thinking. Since i have to spell it out to u, i was relating the dominant professions of each field i mentioned. I even stated that out of every 10 job offers, 7 will be for engineers. Doesn't that mean the other 3 slots are for ppl like u who do the research on how to salvage.... Guy, one doesn't need to be vast in knowledge to know that engineers are higher in demand in the Oil company-it's just common sense. Biochemists may be in demand probably once in every 3 yrs but engineers and probably geologists will always be in demand. Like i said earlier channel ur energy elsewhere and stop trying to make a point out of nothing.

for refreshment purpose, Shell advertised last year, it was not opened to Engineers,
    but Sciences, social sciences and others. i know say som engine guys go apply sha,

SITP is basically for Engineers,
    but I do not know if this is SITP.

you can speak directly to their GM HR.
    im sure he would have answers to this questions.

@ british: u keep telling me wat i already know & u r still not seeing things 4rm my own perspective. And wats dis talk abt chanelling my energy elsewhere? Do u tink dat i would be so dumb as to sit around & wait 4 shell even wen i know they dnt require my services. Is shell d only company in d world? Bro, i have moved on long ago just as any sane person wuld. I wasn't a bit spiteful wen i said they were bias 2wards engrs. I just felt they shuld give pple 4rm oda disciplines an opportunity.

@ Alleluya

The thing took me by surprise. I was helping my friend who had already started her application to modify her CV and all of a sudden she couldn't continue with the application.

I wouldnt know why it closed so early.

Lets hope for the Best

I understand and i'm sorry Gigaleo, pls lets move on to other productive threads.

@ british: apologies accepted my guy. See you in oda productive threads.

Please house, lets get this record straight. We should desist from pointing accusing fingers at SHELL, they did what they had to do. Remember that Shell is only one oil company out of so many. So if you didn't apply or not shortlisted, don't brood over it but rather channel your energy to other companies or join politics cos I smell a lot of activity waiting to erupt like an active volcano. God bless.
    I

I think they are a little bias. My application still reads application received and it was not published in any daily

i fyl alleluyah' stease.....it hurts sometimes, but dnt go livin ur life wit dat orientation dat people or tins are biased wen dier decisions or outcomes dont affect u positively...i studid geophysics but ive not bn called4a test..my status still says 'application received'....a friend of mine who applied very late has done his test..smtins just happen sometimes...lets just hope and pray dat shell kips callin pple4tests...k.. lets not give up...even if we dont get dis....we'lld get berra offers,,abi hw una c am?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12