+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Topic: SAIPEM OR TO CONTINUE AS AN FSE

Re: SAIPEM OR TO CONTINUE AS AN FSE

Guy, am an insider as well in Saipem, don't you make a mistake that you will regret later.

a month after i got employed, i'v been looking for my way out, sending CVs and checking Naijahotjobs for better employment. the day your boss doesnt like your face again, the security can be called to take you out just like that.

a boss shouting on your head and the whole building starts shaking? if your good morning BOSS is not said properly, you are going home, there is nothing like warning, query letter, disciplinarian measure, you are just gone for good,

job security is hell here, no allowance, nothing, all you have is your take home as 80k. no overtime, nothing.

i rest my case as i look forward to a day when i would be leaving here gloriously out of the bondage land.

the choice is yours!

I am a civil engineering graduate too. I would advise you to remain where you are for two reasons.

First, Sapiem's bond of at least thee years makes no sense to me. Only companies or organizations that are insecure or are unsure of their future will coerce their employees to sign a bond. The pay of 80k is not in any way commensurate when compared with the hard-work involved (at least for now you are earning about 160k).What if you get a better offer within the next three years?

Second, there is no security in the oil and gas industry in Nigeria presently. The future is bleak for oil as a major source of energy in a few years to come.

Wishing you the best in your career prospects.
    Tictock likes this.
    To God be the glory!

Having gone thru all the posts, I am obliged to make an input as an insider. First, the originator must ascertain which of the divisions in Saipem he is being considered for. Engineering division, far outclasses the others in prospect. The members of staff are some of the best graduates of various engineering discipline you'd find any where. If you want an environment where u'd be able to rub minds with some of the best, I'd advice u come for it. I must tell u, a number of our guys have moved upwards... and u must be rest assured, they went to the major producing firms, especially SPDC. The growth here is constant and the bosses are quite civil. The only snag is dat u r confined to working on onshore projects. On the other hand, if the job is in main Saipem contracting... abeg, my brother, run faster than ur legs can carry u.
    mac clever likes this.

Bros, Saipem is a slavery ground where you work and work yet nothing to show for it .Please,dont make the same mistake i made late last year.I left a big construction i was working in Lagos as the project Quantity Surveyor to join the Saipem on the advice of my friends and relations that money dose not matter because i was earning higher in that construction film,to my greatest shock a month after i joined them my salary was reduced by 20k because i was not able to clock up ten - ten hours a day,to cut the story short Saipem as the name implies is an Advanced Italian way of enslaving Nigerian because our government is too corrupt that they can buy their ways through them.So my broda stay where you are and plan your life for better.Be aware that in Saipem,you will solely depend on your salary and nothing else. Saipem[/color],how i wish somebody advised me,well God will make a way

pls my guy if you can connect me i will be grateful b/c i like telecom

this is really depressing to hear...

From all I've seen here,bros,u should find out if it"s the main Engineering Division or Saipem Contracting..and do as @positivethinker has advised..dats all..al

From all I've seen here,bros,u should find out if it"s the main Engineering Division or Saipem Contracting..and do as @positivethinker has advised..dats all..n pray abt it too. All d best in your final decision.

do saipem contracting train their sub-contract engineer home and abroad?pls I will like to ķи̣̣̣̥Φω....... Anybody wiv useful info

I can't claim to give u an insider info about saipem but I can share some professional advice as some1 working with a non-oil/gas multinational......for me, its about getting to the top(d top is always good regardless of industry), how does ur present job give u a career progression that can propel u to d pinnalce of telecoms within d organisation u work?do pple in ur present field within that organisation rise faster than others or u guyz r just relegated to d field?...how many of ur superiors have passd thru dat same role u presently occupied and how far d ladder have they gone relative to d numba of years they have spent in d coy....if u can get a positiv ansa to al dis, stay put at ur present job....
    Tictock likes this.

Pple this is ά̲̣̣̣̥ 2010 thread Π♠†̥̥ ά̲̣̣̣̥ recent one,so let's talk about 2012 issues and not past tence plzzzz......

Shooot!! Where do ppl go to dig up very old and 4goten issues? Mtcheww..just wasted my 2mins here..

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12