+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Topic: SAIPEM OR TO CONTINUE AS AN FSE

SAIPEM OR TO CONTINUE AS AN FSE

HOUSE,

I am a civil engineer, I just had an interview with saipem for a civil engr. trainee position a few month ago. Few days back I was invited for a pre employment discussion where I was told that the take home is 80k gross. No yearly grants and to sign a bond to put in atleast 3yr.

I am already working with a telecoms firm as a field support engineer where i earn at least 2 times that amount and makes four times it on the field before the end of every month. I would have actually loved to put an oil and gas career first but the pay is very annoying for a multi national like saipem.

please advice me on what to do cos I am confused right now.

Re: SAIPEM OR TO CONTINUE AS AN FSE

Dont go to Saipem,u have no career in saipem.

Who told you that Oil and Gas is better than telecommunications,both are good.Saipem is slave comapny,they will use you and dump you and u wont have anything to show for it.

I have friends who left saipem recently en mass becos of their poor salary and shabby treatment.

if i were you, i wouldn't even think of it....except of course if you do not want to work in your field.
    my roomate in the university join them last year, he read civil too. and i must confess he is doing well.
    the training that he was and is still being exposed to is unparalled. the funds may not be there initially but believe me, by the time you have put in that three, you are going to be highly sought after. you also have a chance to sent abroad for training and masters.
    i do not want to chose for you cos i know we are rational individuals.
    so here's a guide to help you decide
    1. what/where do i want to do with my life?
    2. what role will the company i work for play in the plan?
    3. what is my priority.......money, career or service to humanity?
    4. what is the plan B, C, or even D?

@sunnez2k10

A bird at hand is worth more than million in the bush applies to this case.
    Just remain where you are. as far as I am concerened, you are an Engineer whether with Telecoms or Oil company.
    Besides, that Saipem stuff... mmmmhhhh!

Verbum Sapienti....
    S

Brother, i beg you in the name of God not to make the same mistake other people ahead of you have made. you will never forgive yourself if you do. i am an insider.Saipem is not the way.

I will advise you to take up Saipem. You may not have money now, but believe me you will very soon. The training you will be given will expose you to Oil and gas Internationally.

Additionally, In Saipem you will be a Structural Engineer Trainee. That means you will soon be a structural engineer. In the telecom, you have no future. You may have money but not really big money!

Be wise! Choose Saipem!
    "Roll your works upon Jehovah himself and your plans will be established" (Prov.16:3

Guy , with d way nigeria is goin, as long as u hav a job security where u are abeg remain dere. U can always develop urself by taking some professional courses related to oil nd gas; who says wit ur xperience nd qualifications, u can nt land urself an exxon mobil job. Saipem is a mess if dats their pay structure.

My brother,my candid advice for you is to remain where you are without having a second about it.If really you want a career in oil and gas,you can later register for related professional courses.
    considering the present economic situation in the country,you can't afford to quit a secured and a highly paying job for a stipend remuneration because of job fulfillment because there is just a thin line btw job security and job satisfaction these days in Nigeria
    conclusively,the final decision is yours to take

my guy where you are is the game on board,
    Best Regards<br /><br />Yunusa Abubakar<br />Port-Harcourt<br />Rivers-state<br />08036546230

For your information SAIPEM register as a CONSTRUCTION COMPANY not as an OIL AND GAS COMPANY. plz and plz if my plz can plz your plz in the name of GOD i am asking you to stay where you are or look for a leave in your place of duty and come nad see for yourself. that is what i do presently and i see it eye to eye and i will soon resign to go back to my place of work before. Think twice

Guy, saw ur dilemma, the money you earn right now feels good to you, I would also be reluctant to change my career for such a paltry sum if I were in ur shoes. But since I'm not, I can look at ur situation dispassionately and with an objective mind. Saipem may be a stingy company, but the training you will be exposed to is unparalled. I had a friend who also got a job with saipem in 2007, with the same 80k. But after 6 months of rigorous training as a trainee engineer, he got sent to paris and has been there ever since. I believe by now he is a real engineer worth his weight in gold. Its ur choice and only urs, earn maybe 240k in ur present company, or fulfil ur destiny by learning what u read in school and applying it in the field to become a highly paid, sought after professional.

My Regards.

saw your post.if want a career in oil and gas,you can go in for the saipem job.For me,I always consider what the future will look like.Saipem will train you that even before the three years elapses,you would have so many offers.I know their offer is poor at the beginning but i assure that in oil and gas,your first job is always poor in pay except in American companies but as soon as u get even that 2-3years experience,your next job might be times 10 coupled with allowances.I will advice you to take the offer,be trained and well grounded.Real engineers in Saipem are well grounded in thier various fields as they send you out for training and also bring in international proffessionals to train you as well.Its not all about earning fat salaries in one of these big oil&gas firm and be only efficient in microsoft office tools and you call your self an engineer.Saipem will make it possible for you to stand firm in terms of oil and gas technology.That 500k-800k you are supposed to earn,they are using it to train you.I advice you to join them.Had same problem but I don t think am regretting it today.

Bros you better stay where you are. You can still find urself in a very correct oil coy with telecoms experience. After all you are practicing engineering too. Just think and pray about it.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast