+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: To continue studying or start a life! - Please advise

To continue studying or start a life! - Please advise

A close friend of mine was tangled in a dilemma which he's finding very difficult to escape....
    This guy studied, electrical electronics and just finished his BSc, and hes really looking to finishing at least his masters before coming out to get a Job. But the problem is everyone is forcing him against his wish, even his babe.

If you were in his shoes, what will you do?
    Nigerian Fastest Growing Job Community

Re: To continue studying or start a life! - Please advise

I think the matter is very straightforward, he should have a set target and nothing should desuade him from achieving that, if he has the wellwithal to get on with his masters, it wouldn't be a bad idea,it all depends on how he has prioritised his ambitions. I think in opting to continue with his masters it then entails he doesn't have dependants and nothing immediate is expected of him. Therefore i'll suggest he gives that a serious thought and then forge ahead. We are not in a position to advise him on whether or not to continue with his masters because he knows his circumstances better, bearing in mind that in our dispensation a masters places u at an edge. This is my candid advice.

well what i think is that for your friends family to start persauding him to get a job means that they dont want to bear his burdens any longer probably to face his younger ones or they did not believe in his ideas or visions any longer or probably they feel they could assist him in getting a starter job and they percieve some atom of laziness in him which they feel he should atleast be able to take some responsibilty for himself.

getting a master b4 getting a "Good Job" is not a bad idea atall... but who says you cant get a good graduate job with ur Bsc.

atleast i know quite some number of companies that encourages staff personal development, so if your friend can get a Good Job while doing his masters why not? and run his master on part time. or your friend get 3rd class?

why do we study self in this morden nigeriasef? passion or money
    Are u happy with what u are doing?.............

Dearie,
    I think the reason why your friend is in the position he found himself is either he failed to set a long term life goal for himself or that he is not strong willed to pursue his set goal, or even both.
    What ever the case maybe, I believe it's never too late for him to do the right thing. He should just ask himself these simple questions: WHERE DO I WANT TO BE AT 40? WILL THIS AREA AM VENTURING INTO CONTIBUTE TO MY ATTAINING THIS GOAL? i believe that way he should be able to solve his problem.
    I know it's not easy but he got to be decisive; he shouldn't roll with the tides.

You did not state if he was dependent on his family members or if he was going to sponsor himself.

Well, if he will have to depend on his family and they are already telling him to get a job then i think he should get a job. At least they've tried to see him thru B. Sc. He should get a job and save for his masters so he'll not have to depend on anyone.

On the otherhand, if he will sponsor himself then i think its god for him to go for masters as it will give him an upperhand and better pay too.

He should make his family and girlfriend see the reasons why he has to go for it and i believe they will understand. its but for a while and when the fruits get ripe they will all be part of it.

Circumstances do not make the man, they reveal him.

HOW OLD IS THIS YOUR FRIEND SEF.
    HE IS A GUY AND NOT A LADY? IF ITS A FEMALE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN ANOTHER MATTER.

TELL YOUR FRIEND THAT PERSONAL FULFILMENT MATTERS A LOT IN LIFE. HE IS A MALE A BREAD WINNER AND HE NEEDS ALL HE CAN TO HELP HIM CARRY OUT THIS ROLE EFFECTIVELY.

IN JUST TWO YEARS HE WOULD HAVE FINISHED THE MASTERS AND PROBABLY HAVE A VERY GOOD JOB.

MY ADVICE SQUEEZE YOURSELF TO GO FOR FURTHER STUDIES. I KNOW ITS NOT EASY BUT THE LORD WILL HELP HIM THROUGH.

AS FOR OUR LADY FRIEND ABEG TELL HER TO RELAX. ITS ALL FOR HER GOOD .

MY SINCERE PRAYER FOR US ALL TODAY IS THAT GOD CONTINUE TO GUARD US IN MAKING THE RIGHT DECISION SO THAT IN EVERY THING WE DO HIS GLORY SHINES FORTH THRU US.

GOD BLESS

TBABY
    Revelation 22: 11-12

pls i need clear information on how to prepare a good cv.please

my email is [email protected],please give me aclear hit on how to prepare a good and simple cv. i need it urgently.

Let him just be a man and decide for himself.cos he knows what he wants in life.
    Cheers

+ Reply