+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: THE STORY OF MY LIFE-please learn

THE STORY OF MY LIFE-please learn

This is my story!
    I know the purpose of this forum is mainly employment driven but nevertheless we can also learn positively from one another.
    I thank God for giving me the grace to live for 28years,its not by my power but by His grace.
    I wouldnt wanna go into much details so i will try to be as brief as possible.I grew up with the best a child can hope for-Loving and Devoted family well entrenched in Christianity(thanks to my mum)had the best education and looked forward to a bright future.
    This was not the plan of the devil,he siezed me at the early parts of my life and i was enslaved by him.
    I can say despite my religious foundation,i was exactly the opposite-i took up all the bad habits you can think of-lying,stealing,fornication,drinking,smoking,etc.my life WAS a mess.i was a loose canon and thought i was doing the NORMAL THING.going to church was a routine.praying was an inconvenience.
    Despite all i still had parents that stuck to me hoping i would change especially my mum.
    She is indeed a MOTHER,always praying and hoping i would turn a new leaf(i hurt her so much that when i remember it makes me green with shame and remorse)my dad was typical of all fathers,he practically gave up on me though to be fair he loved me(i was his favourite child and till date people say he spoilt me)
    This was my life throughout secondary through university till youth service(was expelled in secondary school for misconduct,almost didnt graduate in university and almost jailed during youth corps-pls note,i was not a criminal,it was as if there was a force pushing me to doing these things.
    To be fair to me,im a very gond person,handsome very smart n intelligent,every parents dream son,man's friend n woman's husband,BUT,
    I had a but,the things i do r things not expectd of me.this was my life until the devil struck my family a blow.
    During the riots in kano in 2001,my house was burnt down and my 3 siblings and a cousin were burnt to death with my mum escaping by God's grace.
    This led us to relocate to lagos with my mum,dad and elder brother moving on to america(cldnt go cos i was stil in school).
    This was a trying period 4 my family especially my mum,nonetheless,i stil continued my Godless life on tru A.B.U zaria n Nysc in Kogi state.
    I rounded up in August 2007 and by May 2008 i got a job with Sterling bank plc with litle or no stress with the help of my sister inlaw who is a director there.
    Yes i shoutd,i have arrived,i started real well,was elected the class president during the induction program due to my exceptional communication n leadership skills.
    Training concluded n i was posted to Idimu branch as a Customer Service officer with monthly take home of 152,000.
    Resumed in july and immediately i blended,had a wunaful head of operations as my boss who took me as a son.
    Things were going on so well n i was setling down well until that spirit came again,i started misbehaving,i forgot hw sensitive banking was,(i was not fraudulent though,on the job i was excellent)took the branch car home without permission,had an altercation with a female customer,etc.
    Coupled with sm other stuff,despite my 90% performance on d job,i was nt confirmed so i had toleave on d 3rd of nov 2008.
    That was the turning point,i sat down n took stock of my life n realised this was the hand of God telling me its enough.
    Hence i started a renewal of life,confessed my sins and sought forgiveness,imagine what i went tru?no job,no friend,it was mind numbing bt i thank God He gave me d insight to know my problem.
    Folks it wasnt n still isnt easy,bt i startd.I moved closer to Him and became more active in the works of the Kingdom.along d line i applied with Union bank in dec,pls note i did it out of compulsion cos i already gave up on working in anoda bank but something made me make a covenant vow with God that if He gave me a 2nd chance,i wld do beta(truout my 6mths wit sterling i paid my tithe only once-june 200
    I applied and forgot bout it but stil i continued to talk to God seeking His mercy n 2nd chance,by His grace,i was invitd 4 d test which i wrote scoring 33%,there n then i gave up,hw cld i b selectd with that low score without knowing anybody(we all know ngrn mentality)i startd lukin 4 another job,imagine earning such gd sum sudnly begging for an insurance job without salary.
    But to show His awesomeness,i was called for interview n then i knew it was the hand of God at work,i went 4 it and again i had double mind about my chances,i continued to talk 2 God n tried to correct my ways,to His Glory i got my offer letter of appointment in March scheduld to start training on 3rd may though has been postponed.
    Folks what im trying to point out here is that God exists,its one thing to know Him n another to EXPERIENCE Him,i used to know Him but now i have EXPERIENCED HIM.
    I gave my life to Him officialy on d 30th of dec 2008 n though making a turn around isnt easy but wit His help,im getting there,i have startd removing those chains that used to hold me down and i can say i have attained a spiritual level i neva had in 28 yrs in just 6mths.
    I am more active in church(drama coordinator,head of the youth editorial board,official MC of my church)read my bible,done away with my crazy friends,quit alcohol.
    Whoever you are out there and whatever you might be doing,PUT GOD FIRST.
    In terms of jobs,i want you to TRUST in Him,the Lord that gave me this job without knowing anyone wil do it for you too.
    OluwaTosin Ajayi
    08027579194/08039765382
    [email protected]
    JUST BELIEVE AND TRUST IN HIM AND LEAVE THE REST.HE IS A FAITHFUL GOD

Re: THE STORY OF MY LIFE-please learn

i thank God yu r on track now

Dear Iam having a similiar experience now. Need somebody to talk to. Thank God your own storm is over.

MY No 07092430021

@oluwatosin u touched my heart..u really talkd to me dere in some aspects...i ve always trusted God..l thank God for you
    Make use of what God gave you

HMMMMMM, THERE IS NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING GOD CANNOT DO,HE CAN ONLY WAIT AT HIS OWN DESTINED TIME TO DO JUST THAT.MY DEAR, SUCH A TOUCHING AND INSPIRING STORY U HAVE THERE.MAY HE CONTINUE TO GIVE U THE STRENGTH AND WILL NOT TO WAVER.
    JEHOVAH JIREH IS GOOD TO ME

on your palm are natural lines that can never be erased. The Lord has mapped you out for goodness and no matter how many times or how hard you fall, YOU WILL GET UP AGAIN.
    Just be assured that if devil has the audacity to bring you down, God has the power to lift you up.
    Keep close and stay in HIM.
    God bless
    TBABY
    Revelation 22: 11-12

so touching.i learnt some things though.nice one

i feel like shedding tears
    MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON ME SINNER

hey bro, thanks for sharing that story. it really touched my heart. there was a time in my life i was like that some where in your story. i go to church, work in the church but not dedicated to the things of God. i go to church becos my parents are christian and won't want to see me not going to church. so i lived with it that way till after my service year.
    i'm still trying to make sure i live my life for God.
    that your story touched me and i believe i'll put more efforts in the things of God.
    STAY FIRM FOR GOD IS YOUR REFUGE. HE WILL SEE YOU THROUGH.
    THANKS ONCE AGAIN
    G

The ways of man are not the ways of God...

How God Almighty does his things no one can decipher...

God has just proved to you that He owns you and HIS will for your life will always prevail; no matter how long you go round in circles!

Thank God for You!

Hope You remain in HIM!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

dis is reallya food 4 thought.
    God knows hw 2 get us dancing 2 his tone of music.
    It is said dat its sin dat seperates us 4rm.we all ave 2 b close to God.
    The world is comin 2 an end soon.plzz repent my friends.
    Wat shall it profit a man if he shall gain d whole world & lose his own soul.
    Don't worry be happy.....worring neva gets u 2 haliburton..patience does

Our God is wonderful, peace be unto you Oluwatosin22
    One Luv
    Jibowu
    I can do all things through christ who strengthens me

May God lift you higher Oluwatosin. I'm sure your story touched everyone. It is well

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast