+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: PTDF option of scholarship to African University of Science & Technology

PTDF option of scholarship to African University of Science & Technology

Please did anyone receive a call recently from PTDF about taking an offer to do MSc in African University of Science & Technology. The PTDF man that called me on my mobile phone told me that I was one of the best in the exam but due to federal quota system, they couldnt list me among the UK scholarship offer but they intend to sponsor me to AUST in abj, after the proposed interview in AUST in the first week of next month (may 2010). Please i want to know if any other person got this same call from them. thanks

Re: PTDF option of scholarship to African University of Science & Technology

This sounds really strange....
    How can one of the best performers be prevented from studying abroad with an option of AUST.
    My broda, if that is the case please follow up on it, I pray they do so to some other members of the House who were not shortlisted among the 363 names.

I heard that AUST is a very good school. Afterall something is better than nothing

Thumbs up man...
    S

@Eznira.......... I also received a call yesterday, around 08:30 GMT.

A lifeline for u guys after-all,

But, while the double standard?
    when even the difference in total financial package will cost PTDF little or nothing

Well guys, the call is yours,

if only Nigerian Students will speak with one voice.

Guys, best of wishes

na wa ooooooo. 1ders shall neva end

MY GUY, IF I BE YOU, I GO BEGIN LOOK FOR UK ADMISSION SHARP SHARP. WHILE U WILL BE FILLING UR APPLICATION INDICATE THAT YOU HAVE A PTDF SCHOLARSHIP. DO IT FAST OR ELSE, THOSE PTDF GUYS GO CHOP U PIECES. INFACT NA ONE OF THEIR OWN THEM GO USE REPLACE U. I DON WARN U OOOOOO

@Eznira and Adesinaajani

If you were not shortlisted in the initial list, I suppose it is an option to seriously look into. Just like IPS in UNIPORT is equivalent to studying Petroleum in overseas universities, I suppose AUST is also good looking at the staff, facilities and management. The only difference is that you don't get to experience the cold and winter of UK. But if you get your desired course and make good grades and get a good job or better still establish yours, you will be able to sponsor yourself for vacations to UK and anywhere in the world. It depends on what you have doing at the moment. Weigh the options critically... the choice is yours.

@adesinaajani, r u going for the interview at the AUST abuja? i just pray that the Total oversea scholarship quickly works out for we boix make PTDF carry their scholarship go and give to other qualified candidates.

@Eznira..... Amen my brother. Its just 23 days left. I'm still considering going for the interview. Are u going?

a bird in hand is worth thousands in the bush. if you both were considered for that option, it's better you go for it. if at last Total gives you a scholarship then u can move on to greener pastures.

come to think of it....it's like PTDF is giving this option to those who also scored high in the exam but did not fall in the top ten or top seven in their states, since they cant exceed their state quota.

I also thik you guys shouldgo just to get busy

I will seriously caution you to be careful. This may be a scam. If ask to make any payement, DONT! Open your eyes boy!

@madanju........ why not explain urself further. 'Cause we've not be asked to pay any money but was only informed that the interview will take place in African University of Science and Technology in Abuja.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast