+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Please House, advice me on which course is better

Please House, advice me on which course is better

Please fellow pals, i need to decide on which course to select from these list all from the university of Aberdeen. Your prompt response to this will be highly appreciated.

Energy futures (Oil and Gas)
    Safety and Risk Management engineering
    Subsea Engineering
    Oil and Gas enterprise management(OGEM)

I read electrical Engineering, but willing to move into the Oil and Gas sector.
    Thanks

Re: Please House, advice me on which course is better

in my opinion and if u are bent on being in the oil industry, subsea is ur best bet

WHATS SUBSEA ALL ABOUT?
    What you say about me is none of my bizness!!!! Get dat!!!!

AOI

I agree with leshon, Subsea Engineering is your surest bet into the Oil & Gas Industry cos expertise is still relatively scarce and in high demand here.

Subsea engineering focuses on the deepwater issues of oil and gas exploitation. Operations have moved from relatively shallow water to depths that now demand totally different engineering solutions. The Subsea Engineering course addresses both the hardware that is used subsea, such as wellheads and separators, as well as important issues such as field layout, flow assurance and installation/maintenance.

See details of Subsea Engineering job descriptions below depending on the area you want to specialize in:-

Subsea Systems Engineer (Design/Consultant):
    Assist with the performance of design / concept & engineering of the project solutions.
    • Assist with the development of specification and selection of subsea control, umbilical and equipment for subsea production systems. The testing and commissioning requirements of such systems.• Directing and assisting in development of testing, installation, operation, and maintenance procedures.
    • Attend Factory Acceptance Site Integration Tests of new equipment on Contractor's premises; in addition, coordinating the work of contractors employed to design, manufacture, and test subsea control systems, umbilicals and other equipment.
    • Assisting with the preparation, checking and approving of procedures and working offshore to ensure successful completion of the procedures.
    • Engage in vendor management.
    • Ensure that the project conforms to appropriate safety standards and carries all necessary safety assessments.
    • Carry out tasks within predefined/agreed time scales and budgets, reporting status to the departmental Manager/Project Manager.• Interact with department members to ensure that work is produced and issued in a timely manner and project information is distributed amongst them.• Complete work within budget and time scales

Subsea Engineer (Drilling Contractor):
    Maintain the Blow Out Preventer (BOP), Diverter, and associated subsea equipment in accordance to the Preventive Maintenance System (PMS) guidelines.

• Operate and pressure test the BOP on the surface and on the seabed as required.

• Supervise the deck and drill crews in the running and recovery of the BOP and Marine Riser equipment.

• Assemble, install, and nipple down the BOP and all well control equipment as required.

• Operate, and maintain the repair of the subsea BOP control system

+ Reply