+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Topic: Petroleum Industry Bill

Petroleum Industry Bill

Pls house, I am sorry cos I know this is a job search website, but I think it directly affect us as youths looking for job. I want to ask why the National Assembly has totally refused to pass this bill, ever since it has been with them. What did they say was they setback or disadvantage in the passage of the bill and what wrong have we the youth done to them? Why can't they pass this bill that will create jobs, abi do they want us to protest they way Abuja women protested before they passed the National Health Bill? These people just want this country's money to shared within them. Well lets wait and see what the 7th senate will do. Please if there is any disadvantage in the passage of this Bill, let us know so that we can stop complaining as this thing is getting out of hand. Thanks

Re: Petroleum Industry Bill

My brother, no be small matter o! I learnt that the PIB has been 'adulterated' alot. It now has many versions by different factions in circulation. The funny thing is that the IOCs that had been against its passage suddenly started pushing for it to be passed towards the end of the last dispensation. The questions now are;
    why are the IOCs pushing for its passage?
    Why cant the govt. release the 'version' of the bill to be passed for public scrutiny before its passage?
    Does the version of the bill to be passed still protect the interest of the Nigerian people?
    (sighs...) I wonder. Only God knows. And only Him can save us.
    phelix24 and Triple-C like this.

Only God know what these people are up to. This is an important bill that the NASS has toiled with and create investment and job opportunities in the petroleum industry, that these people negleted because their children and friends are well to do, leaving we ordinary citizens to continuing toiling because of the benefits they get from these oil multinationals. Then when their tenure was over they tried to pass the bill. Only God knows if the 7th senate will pass it. Lets still watch what is going to happen

Brothers it is only God that can Help us in this country I will urge all of us to always be on our knees.Remember this regime might be better.This PIB must be passed either hell wants it or not...One family

The issue has gradually taken the back bench in the house.The version to be signed should be made available for public scrutiny before passage.An adulterated PIB as some ''groups'' are pushing for will not do us any good

Thanks folks for bringing this to our notice,the matter of PIB is quite a complex one.A group called the SOCIAL ACTION recently urged NASS not to pass the bill into law reason being that"IT CONSIDERS THE REMOVAL OF THE CLAUSES ON GAS FLARE AS A MARK OF INSENSITIVITY TO THE PLIGHT OF THE NIGER DELTA,ON THE PART OF THE LAW MAKERS WHO ARE ACCUSED OF PROMOTING THE INTEREST OF MULTI-NATIONAL COMPANIES,WHO HAVE FAILED TO TAKE ACTION TO PUT AN END TO GAS FLARING.
    SO you see my brother,that is the problem with the PIB .The earlier version of the PIB given to various stake holders and civil society organization clearly contained a clause which seeks to end gas flaring,was removed recently by the NASS.Hence the PIB is still being criticized and scrutinized.Lets hope they resolve the issue of gas flaring speedily.Cheers.

Na Only Nigeria dey for this World, everthing na us all the time. God help this nation so that we will get things right the way they sholud.

What are u guys talking about are u people in nigeria . The bill has been passed long ago. Do ur research.

I know d effects of PIB will be felt by all (even job seekers),but make una leave Politics matter out of this forum, there are 100s of sites on d internet 4 dat.
    This place shld be about career related issues. Its stuff lik dis dat can make folks withdraw 4rm dis forum.Cheers.

@Cipha, I am surprised at U, read my first comment, this is not abt politics, its about making people know the effect this PIB is having on us, the ordinary people looking for job and not them who are well to do. I know is a career related site. It is not still all about looking for a job, it is still trying to understand why the 6th largest oil producing country in the world is suffering from 70% unemployment rate. This Bill is a job generating means and we all are folding our hands hand watching those folks in the house, just sitting down and saying I and NAY and by the end of three months they smile to the bank with 42million naira in their pockets, where some graduates do not know the next means of survival. Look at the recent employment opportunities, how many people advertise for a position? U will see over 200,000 people applying for just about 10 positions, whereby the passage of this bill can generate like 20 to 30 thousand job and U think we should not complain sey? Well, they said the future of this country lies in our hands (youths), but I think the youths they are refering to here are their children, relatives and friends, who are abroad studying and by the time they are through with their studies, they are directly employed into Customs, NDLEA, FRSC etc. making some people still waste their money buy forms. Brother tell me is this not wickedness in disguise? I think we should sit up before some people of go insane here. Its your choice sha.All we do here is not to sit down and wait for either Shell or Chevron etc. that will advertise for about 5 positions then you can apply and write a test that you are not even sure of. My brother it is high time we settle down and think about our lives, we are not getting young, everyday that passes is very important to each and everyone of us. That is all I have to say, apply wisdom too in this job search. Take care
    Ukoadede and Ufuoma77 like this.

If anyone wants to know what is really happening about the PIB...Try and send me an email so that I can tell you why the IOC are now pushing the bill to be passed...In true honesty, I would tell you why...It's classified.....Trust...

As a matter of fact, one of the IOC companies MD/CEO is someone very close to me..Not just close but by blood to a level..Back some years before this guy opted out from the old company he worked for as the number 2 man, he was accused of being too nationalistic ... He has been a very upright person in fairness to the host community that the company he works for should do what is right.However, he resigned and moved to another IOC company with quite a number of his... As a matter of fact there are other guys like him who have dominated many of the top ranks in many of this IOC companies. I suspect they've all floated many indiginous companies that are ready to go into exploration and production.One is already existing that I know very well but for security reasons, I wouldnt want to mention that company..Please pardon me for that.Though you can send me an email if you want to know this company. it's 100% Nigeria and they are doing just very fine. Such are the ones winning the bids so far that has been offered by one of the IOC companies sell their OMLs..It's our property,our wealth and someone has to start something before this IOC guys milks us to dryness.. Now it's more of a game plan to hijack the system from the IOC...Afterall, our guys are the one doing most of those jobs now and very few experts are needed.If any is needed, we would call on them and pay them off.It happens everywhere just like we have Nigerian experts abroad doing so too.Rather than keeping their here on a life time salary, we keep them on a special call if they are needed.. Our reps and senators are the problem as many of them are junks with little knowledge of the industry and even if they have to consult, who do they consult? The same guys who are the enemies of state......Mark my words..
    Ukoadede and obinna_julius like this.

If you want to get the picture of what I am painting here..Click on the link below..So that you can see the game plans of the ICO companies(The western community) from the link if you read through, you would understand that those complaining about these gaps are Nigerians who understands deeply what this ICO guys are doing to keep us backward..Unfortunately it is affecting them too... Don't forget they all started as a junior staff with these companies and they are now matured in the system with their voice can't be trampled upon.....Does anyone know how long it took a black man to become Shell MD....?

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast