+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: NESREA JOB PLS ADVICE

NESREA JOB PLS ADVICE

I got a permanent job wt nigeria enviromental standard regulatory agency-NESREA. posted to ibadan office level 9 step 2 as a geologist, d pay is just like 40k n no allowance for now but dey re in d process of reviewing dare salary structure, presently i am a contract staff wt zain nigeria as a customer service agent no promotn, no benefit, no career propect n no time for any other tin but d pay is 70k, i wnt this house to advice shld i live 70k wt no future growth for 40k govt parastal . Pls ur advice is highly needed as in am confuse at d moment, reply asap. Tanks house

Re: NESREA JOB PLS ADVICE

Zain has been sold and I got intel that they will be "tussing" off most of their permanent and contract staff to replace with indians, could you throw more light on how this affects your position with them??

Am just a contract staff not working for zain directly but an ousourcing firm called hridexx dat recruit contract staff for zain, zain dnt pay directly dey pya tru in outsource agency, dat my present positon,wt no future prospect, once zain wtdraw contract from d agency we gone n tie to zain at all

U guy shld nt just view n ignore lets be our brother keeper by droping a piece of advice, dat is wat dis forum is meant for it may be ur turn one day, so drop sometin here no mata how small

I forgot to ask about accommodation for the govt job. Personally i'll say you should go with the govt job and not look too much @ the 30k diff you are earning now. Since the govt job is better in every way except the 30k diff just close eye take am. It offers better job security, better career prospects as well as the possibility of running your own biz even while employed ( as is common with govt jobs).

In all I suggest you follow your heart and do what you love doing best, that way you wont live your life regretting your decisions of the past.

May God guide you.

Tanks man good speed, seems ure d only dat understand me god will guide u in all ur ways, am really greatful 4 ur advice

@ Olumighty80: I think u have a better future in the Govt Agency

1. U hav more job security, Govt dosnt lay off like dat.
    2. It will be less stressful for u, & like GOD_SPEED said,with more time on ur hand , u can even find somethin else to increase ur earnings.
    3. U know this Goodluck's administration is serious,salary review will be implemented & surely other incentives will follow.
    4. As as a Geologist, u might get to gain a lil more experience & at least come in contact with som thins in ur field rather than being in Customer care.

It may not be too smooth for u now, but in the long run you'll benefit 4rm it, that is not to say that if u get a better job somewhere else like in an Oil firm or so dat u shld not switch. Good Luck.

granite i think u should take up the govt job. forget abt wat u are geting from zain now and think abt ur career and the future exept u dont want to practice. As for me i will go wth the govt job so that i can learn some new thgs and have time to do other thgs. wth effect frm july ur pay is going to increase frm 40k. think wisely .............

@Olumighty80; I will say you should go with the government job, money is good but it is not everything, in a matter of time, your status will be mind blowing, by the time you come into the premises of any industry operator (telecoms-Zain, Glo, MTN etc, Oil and Gas, etc) they will alll be shaking...Govt rep don show

U will also have time to further and get additional qualification and certification

U will have the opportunity of making very vital contacts with the movers and shakers of our time

money? yes, but look beyond it for now

pls,look up to God the author and finisher of our faith.
    A

Well for me sha, since you have been in zain for some time n no promotion of whatever, I would like you to ask some of your colleagues that have been a contract worker for Zain, of the possiblity of progress, if their answer is not clear, then go for the Govt. Job, at least for the sake of progress and job security!

All the best and may GOD guide you through this process, Amen!

Just like bida said, ask your colleagues the job prospects for contract staff and if they seem to be waivering about the whole issue, join the govt parastatal cos come july salary will be reviewed and you get promoted in govt organisations rather than waste your ears in a company that seem not to take any step in promoting their staff . . .

In all, ask God for direction , He listens . . .

Goodluck!!!

Go with the Govt job..... you will rise with time, and like others said, job security guaranteed. Zain? Forget about them.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast