+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Topic: NDDC Post Graduate Foreign Scholarship Program 2011

Re: NDDC Post Graduate Foreign Scholarship Program 2011

No cause for alarm!

Please house,wen shud we expect the list now,is it dis week or next......Anxiety is not good for d heart.....*sighs....

Thanks all.....Wish us d best but for those having contact with nddc,pls let us know......

Quote Originally Posted by flexy17 View Post
    does any1 in d house knw what kind of award NDDC give? Is it full or partial scholarship award? Pls i jus need to b sure (especially for a masters degree scholar)! Thanx
    Hello mate! Word is, that its a partial scholarship, unlike PTDF. Not quite sure about the amount this year though, but last year was 30, 000 USD. Lets hope this year will be better. Cheers! All the best mates!
    You never know what's coming for ya!

Quote Originally Posted by BomaIsTheFuture View Post
    Funding through grants are usually paid instalmentally (Usually Every Year). An average PhD programme has a duration of 3.5 years - You'll receive funding at the start of each year.

Tuitions vary according to the prospective course and college (Where you intend to study). Excluding Ivy league schools, you'll be required to pay an estimate of £14,500 per year. Your maintenance cost (per month) shouldn't exceed £500 - You'll receive it every month through your financial assistance scheme (Scholarship Scheme).

I hope this information helps prospective PhD students.

Keep Faith!!

Nate Dogg RIP.
    Thanks BomaIsTheFuture!

In theory, I know this is what is applicable particularly with funding from the UK- but is this how NDDC intends to implement its own ?? Maybe previous successful (2010) candidates could shed some light on this... rumor is that NDDC may pay 1st year tuition and then bulk payment to respective account...?

In theory, I know this is what is applicable particularly with funding from the UK- but is this how NDDC intends to implement its own ?? Maybe previous successful (2010) candidates could shed some light on this... rumor is that NDDC may pay 1st year tuition and then bulk payment to respective account...?

Yup! That's their conventional procedure. However, I'm drooling at the prospect of receiving the payment in bulk (I'll abscond and start a company! ).

Nate Dogg RIP

Obviously, no list coming out this week. I am really really disappointed. As far as I know, it is only in Nigeria that a scholarship process, which relates to an academic session commencing in September, has not been concluded even in August. We have to demand better leadership otherwise we will continue to be the caricature of others. I rest my case.

Even if they award me the scholarship, it will be too late now as I am heading off to the Nordics to start my masters programme. I really wanted this because it means I will do just a one year masters but now I will settle for the two years masters in the Nordics. Thanks my people.

sorry ...what school in the nordic did u get an offer ?

Åbo Akademi University

Quote Originally Posted by jahboy View Post
    sorry ...what school in the nordic did u get an offer ?

Obviously, no list coming out this week. I am really really disappointed. As far as I know, it is only in Nigeria that a scholarship process, which relates to an academic session commencing in September, has not been concluded even in August. We have to demand better leadership otherwise we will continue to be the caricature of others. I rest my case.

Even if they award me the scholarship, it will be too late now as I am heading off to the Nordics to start my masters programme. I really wanted this because it means I will do just a one year masters but now I will settle for the two years masters in the Nordics. Thanks my people.
    @bryandavid: C'mon!! I'm quite sure the list of awardees will be published before saturday (Quitely Confident). It's good to know you'll be studying in north western europe (Blew trees a couple of years ago in Scandinavia ). Just chill! We're all in limbo waiting for the result.

Nate Dogg RIP

the waiting game....can kill

@Bomaisthefuture, how sure are u that this long awaited list would be out before or on saturday this week? in terms of % could u pls quantify it? i noticed that the nddc website is unavailable at d moment.
    @BryanDavid, just chill and travel on the 31st of this month at least that way u would be justified.
    God bless you all

@bryandavid,I really feel ur pain,just like me,I need to complete all necessary process which is jst left with tuition fee payment to get an unconditional offer and den start applying for Visa with the CAS no before the end of next week,I've already startd considering deferring my admission. Really disappointed

School resumes on 22nd August hence I can not wait till 31st August to travel. I will be monitoring things from my base and travel back if the need arises. Thanks anyway.

+ Reply
Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast