+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: NDDC Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship

Re: NDDC Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship

@Superbrain, u've spoken so well.
    @house, when do they intend making the payments. Are they paying masters students fees once or installments. Are do you get ur maintenance allowance IS there any maintenance allowance up-front?? Need urgent reply plssssssssssss.

Congrats to all NDDC scholars. Wish you all the best. Heard the advert will soon be out for that of next year. Wonder what criteria were used to screen people, cuz some of us had all requirements. God help us.

Just note that pple who had unique courses were considered ahead of too many pple opted for common courses like petroleum engineering.a lot of 1st class and 2.1 were not even called for interview for this simple reason.NDDC gave pple that cut across diversified disciplines.eg welding engr which is rare.Due to d wide spread knowledge so many will apply next year so an aptitude test will be likely b4 interview.
    I also want to encourage those who do not have connection that it is possible to get d scholarship in d mist of d high powerd politics that go on. D director himself told us that he wanted poor pple who never dreamt of going abroad to do so.My brothers and sisters as I type this it had become a reality.

Let's keep this blog active.

Info please!!!
    Perseverance, Persistence and faith in GOD is all i need.

@all scholars...tips for success in the NDDC foreign postgraduate scholarship 2011:

1. Implicit faith in the word of GOD...(For with GOD nothing shall be impossible...Luke 1:37)...

2. Uniqueness of course

3. Proximity (alignment) of course to NDDC'S mandate

4. Passion and broad knowledge of course subject area (very useful at the interview stage)

5. Catchy University, different schools are synonymous with particular courses .e.g. Robert Gordon is synonymous is Oil and Gas Engineering, Harvard is synonymous with MBA and Harriot Watts is synonymous with Petroleum Engineering, so ensure that the University you choose is renowned for your course

6. Return on Investment (ROI) on your course .i.e. practical relevance (benefits) of your course to addressing the peculiar challenges of the Niger Delta region

7. Your personality (brand essence), the interview panel will have limited time to access you hence ensure something distinguishes you from others

...For the maiden (2010) NDDC foreign postgraduate scholarships, I was expecting a lot of slots to go to construction and structural engineering candidates (applicants) but this was not the case...

In conclusion lets consider the immutable word of the LORD...as it is written...

...I returned and saw under the sun that, the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill but time and chance happeneth to them all...Eccleciastes 9:11...

The verse above means that we do not need to labour or struggle to attain our desired goals (like NDDC scholarship award) but instead we need to be calculative, tactical and strategic...In other words we cannot attain any thing substantiate (extraordinary) in life except we conform to GOD'S thoughts, plans and promises for our lives by allowing HIM position us in the right place at the right time and prepare us (most times through tribulations see Romans 5:3) to optimally leverage (with our talents) on great (unforeseen) oppourtunities that HE constantly brings our way....e.g....Jonathan is President today not because he is the strongest, brightest or most connected Nigerian but because GOD who knew him from the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4) positioned him in the right place at the right time and prepared him by allowing him grow from Deputy Governor to Governor to Vice President then now to President....Also if Obama wasn't in the US (right place) in the 21st century (right time) he would never have become the first black President of the US...Bill Gates is not the brightest person on earth but he is commonly mentioned as the richest man on earth...why?...

...Time and Chance happeneth to them all...he was in the right place (US, with a large population of 340million people who are addictively IT dependent and have high purchasing powers) at the right time (IT revolution) and he was prepared (had refined his talents) to optimally leverage on the endless opportunities that came with the IT revolution...

Biblically, Solomon wasn't David's eldest son but with "Time and Chance" (strategy) he successfully succeeded his father as king...see 1Kings 1:11-40...

I wish all naijahotjob 2011 NDDC foreign postgraduate scholarship applicants GOD'S favour and wisdom...

Prince et al

Can Do likes this.

have they started payment?. Info please

@prince et al,pls check ur naijahotjobs inbox,i just sent u a message.pls reply.thank u.

please, have they started payment? anyone wit any info?

@ prince et al, thanks for your words of faith and encouragement.....pls, want to ask if a 2nd list is going to be published out for sure and when? wat would u advice those that are still bliving GOD that their names will be in the 2nd list...

@all
    a friend of mine who is also a nddc Scholar just call me this afternoon tell me he got a text from NDDC to send his account number, that the want to start paying the money to the schools. has any other person gotten a text message from NDDC.
    This my guy had summitted his bank details when he collected the award letter

Has any1 applied for visa?

Please house has any 1 heard anything on when the second list will come out

@scholars et al

the list was billed to be out by end of this month but will now drag till mid January...

my advise is for nijahotjobs hopefuls to remain hopeful but with total faith...the list is the list...we shall understand the meaning of the list soon...

total faith because...as it is written...

But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man (without faith) think that he shall receive any thing of the LORD...James 1: 6-7...

while we await the breaking news (second list of successful candidates for NDDC foreign postgraduate scholarship 2010)...let us...

feast persistently on the GoodNews (immutable word of GOD)...

@scholars et al...Hear Ye the word of the LORD (GoodNews)...

...For thus saith the LORD, Ye shall not see the wind, neither shall ye see the rain; yet that valley shall be filled with water, that ye may drink, both ye, and your cattle, and your beasts...2Kings 3:17...

...GoodNews@Prince et al...

+ Reply
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast