Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero was established by the instrument of the Kebbi State Law No. 6 of 2006 and was given official recognition by the National Universities Commission,Abuja to operate, on 12th December, 2006. The University commenced full academic activities in the 2007/2008 academic session and has successfully graduated its second set of graduates during the 2011/12 academic session.

Applications are invited to fill the Academic and Technologist staff vacancies in the under-listed programmes of the Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero, Kebbi State, Nigeria on Tenure, Contract or Sabbatical basis.

A. FACULTY OF ENGINEERING

1.) Department of Civil Engineering

• Professors, Readers, Senior Lecturers, Lecturer I, Lecturer II and Assistant Lecturer in the following speciality:

i. Structures
ii. Water Resources and Environment
iii. Geotechnics and Materials
iv. Highway and Transportation

2.) Department of Information and Communication Technology

• Professors. Readers, Senior Lecturers, Lecturer I, Lecturer II and Assistant Lecturer in the following speciality:

i. ICT
ii. Computer Science
iii Software Engineering
iv. Computer Engineering

3.) Electrical and Electronics Engineering

• Professors, Readers, Senior Lecturers, Lecturer I, Lecturer II and Assistant Lecturer in the following speciality:

i. Electronics
ii. Power Systems
iii. Electrical Machines
iv. Communication Systems
v. Digital Systems
vi. Micro-Processors

4.) Mechanical Engineering

• Senior Lecturers, Lecturer I, Lecturer II and Assistant Lecturer in the following speciality:

i. Thermodynamics
ii. Strength of Material

5.) Science Education

i. Educational Psychology
ii. Sociology of Education
iii. Philosophy of Education
iv. Educational Technology
v. Guidance and Counseling

B. TECHNOLOGIST

• Chief Technologist and Senior Technologists in the following areas of speciality:

i. Power System
ii. Electronics
iii. Software and Hardware
iv. Geotechnics and Materials
v. Water Resources and Environment

QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE

Professor:

• Candidates seeking appointment as Professor must have a Doctorate degree in the relevant field; and must have a minimum of 12 to 15 years' teaching and research experience and must show evidence of scholarly publications in national and international academic journals and books published by reputable publishers.
  • The candidates must also show evidence of academic leadership and supervision of Postgraduate theses.
  • Candidates having, at least, 3 years experience as Readers are also eligible to apply for the post but their publications will be subjected to external assessment for the position.

Reader:

• Candidates seeking appointment as Reader must have a Doctorate degree in the relevant field and must have a minimum of 10 to 12 years' teaching and research experience and evidence of scholarly publications in academic journals and books
  • published by reputable publishers.
  • Candidates having, at least, 3 years experience as Senior Lecturers are also eligible to apply for the post but their publications will be subjected to external assessment for the position.

Senior Lecturer:

• Candidates seeking appointment as Senior Lecturer must hold a Doctorate degree in the relevant field and possess a minimum of 6 to 8 years teaching and research experience.
  • The candidates must also show evidence of having published several articles in national or international peer-reviewed journals.
  • Candidates having at least, 3 years, experience as Lecturer I are also eligible for the post.

Lecturer I:

• Candidates seeking appointment as Lecturer I should hold the Doctorate degree in the relevant field with at least one year teaching/industrial experience, acceptable for COREN registration or show evidence of having made substantial progress towards completing their doctoral theses, in addition to having a minimum of 3 to 5 years teaching and research experience and some scholarly publications.
  • Candidates who have relevant Master's Degree and some publications and at least 2 years experience as Assistant Lecturer are also eligible to apply for the post.

Lecturer ll:

• Candidates seeking appointment as Lecturer II should hold a Doctorate degree or Master's Degree with minimum of 3 years cognate working experience.
  • Some potential for research is also required.

Assistant Lecturer:

• Masters degree or First Class honours degree.
  • Candidates with First degree with at least Second Class Upper (2/1), in relevant fields, could also be considered.

Chief Technologist:

• Candidates seeking appointment as Chief Technologist should hold B.Tech./B. Eng./HND/Full Technological Certificate of London or its equivalent in relevant fields and possess a professional Certificate in addition to having a minimum of 15 years working experience.

Senior Technologist:

• Candidates seeking appointment as Senior Technologist should hold B.Tech./B. Eng./HND/Full Technological Certificate of London or its equivalent in relevant fields, and possess a professional Certificate, in addition to having a minimum of 6 years working experience.

SALARY AND CONDITION OF SERVICE
The Salaries and Conditions of Service are as obtainable in Nigerian Universities.

Assistant Lecturer

• CONUASS 2 N794,260.00 - N957,402.00 p.a

Lecturer II

• CONUASS3 N897,501.00 - N1,074,314.00 p.a

Lecturer I

• CONUASS 4 N1,122,751.00 - N1,444,535.00 p.a

Senior Lecturer

• CONUASS 5 N1,653,415.00 - N2,348,299.00 p.a

Reader

• CONUASS 6 N2,053,124.00 - N2,684,096.00 p.a

Professor

• CONUASS 7 N2,485,099.00 - N3,209,140.00 p.a