+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Topic: Info on last nnpc test for 2:1 and 1st class graduates

Info on last nnpc test for 2:1 and 1st class graduates

The just concluded recruitment examination conducted by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) recorded abysmal failure as 80 per cent of the applicants, who were mainly first class and second class upper graduates, failed the examination.

Group Managing Director of the NNPC, Mr Austen Oniwon, disclosed this on Monaday while declaring open the 9th NNPC National Quiz Competition in Abuja

Oniwon, who disclosed that the NNPC was currently carrying out a recruitment exercise, stated that the result of the recruitment examination was not as good as expected as 80 per cent of the so-called first class and second class upper graduates scored less than 20 per cent.

Represented by the Group General Manager, Public Affairs Division of the NNPC, Dr Levi Ajuonuma, the NNPC boss disclosed that this abysmal record did not only heighten the NNPC management’s apprehension about the lack of functionality of our education format but goes a long way to underscore the need to shift focus away from mere paper qualification.

Disclosing that it would no longer be business as usual in the NNPC, the Group Managing Director said reliance on people to secure employment in the organisation was now a thing of the past stressing that the NNPC now placed emphasis on brilliance.

Apart from the NNPC examination, the GMD said the recently recorded nationwide mass failure of candidates in WAEC and NECO exams made the call for the urgent review of our school system more pertinent.

He said only a functional education that is skilled-based, that adds value to the nation’s economy and takes into consideration the skill-gap that exists in our nation today is ideal for Nigeria of today.

Source: Tribune
    I

Re: Info on last nnpc test for 2:1 and 1st class graduates

Why do Nigerian govt organisation officials like to make unfair remarks about Nigerian students and graduates? They claim to be better graduates during their time having been trained by the whites and dedicated black teachers/lecturers. However, when it was their time to pass those intellectual assets to our generation, they and their colleagues in the political and educational circle derailed our educational sector with inefficient policies and lack of dedication and sincerity on part of the academic institution themselves. Moreover,this hypocrisy by NNPC should stop this unpleasant remarks afterall it was their plan to have a mininum percentage pass. Do they actually have vacancy for 80% percent pass. Nonsense!
    heleex and BomaIsTheFuture like this.

So why didn't they make it open for 2-2 candidates as well? Yeye people!
    Cipha and Tictock like this.

this is a very irresponsible remark made by the nnpc boss, how can he complain on the outcome of such a poorly conducted exam, he should hide his head that a company like nnpc should put up such a shabby recruitment exam which was written in the dark of the night across many centers in the country with poor infrastructure and organization in most centres, enough is enough, even he with the best training now could not have passed that exam which was extracted from deep o level physics, mathematics chemistry and biology, most of which he knows nothing about, even pupils fresh from high schools do not do very well under favorable conditions talk less of his shameless recruitment exam. i can even ask him is he not a fruit of relying on someone to put him where is today, rubish pple
    mexx4u2nv, Cipha and omowhale like this.

levi Ajunoma,how did he get nnpc job? i knew him right from NTA as a presenter.They will come out and starts giving the world bad image about nigerian graduates.I have a friend that did his masters in uk as the best graduate and still did not make it,but that does not mean that he is not good.an examination that was conducted in the night allowing candidates to buy candles.Please NNPC,STOP all these irrelevant statements.
    Ok the 20% candidates left,will u give them the job? STORY....There is slots for JONATHAN CANDIDATES,SAMBO,MINISTERS,COMMISSIONERS etc.But the remaining 2% space is for the merit.I BEG
    As far as am concerned nigerians are brilliant whether 2.1 or 3rd class,it doesnt matter.Give them the enabling environments,they will excel

Quote Originally Posted by sammie77 View Post
    levi Ajunoma,how did he get nnpc job? i knew him right from NTA as a presenter.They will come out and starts giving the world bad image about nigerian graduates.I have a friend that did his masters in uk as the best graduate and still did not make it,but that does not mean that he is not good.an examination that was conducted in the night allowing candidates to buy candles.Please NNPC,STOP all these irrelevant statements.
    Ok the 20% candidates left,will u give them the job? STORY....There is slots for JONATHAN CANDIDATES,SAMBO,MINISTERS,COMMISSIONERS etc.But the remaining 2% space is for the merit.I BEG
    As far as am concerned nigerians are brilliant whether 2.1 or 3rd class,it doesnt matter.Give them the enabling environments,they will excel
    u hav spoken weill,u took d words right out of my mouth
    !

Does he really know what aptitude test mean? Where in the world does one write undergraduate/graduate examination under the same condition as aptitude test?
    It is foolish to say that a 1st class or 2:1 graduate is half baked on the ground that it did not perform well in an examination that is different in conduct to the examination that make such 1st class or 2:1 graduate.
    I wish i had responded to his statement in the same dailies (tribune). They are to be guided.

i take excerptions to his comment. i guess he managed to graduate with a pass that is why he is disparaging those that graduated with a better class than him. He calls that thing we did on that day a test of knowledge? i am sure he was not in any centre to witness what went on before, during and after the test. Yes i made a 2.1,did the test and passed but that does not mean i should take lightly the unguarded comments of the NNPC GMD.

In short, I reserve my comment...Let me not say something nasty.

Got to the examination centre 9am, Wrote the examination 6:30pm with candles and torch light, any you expect 100/100 abi...

@Sammie77, u said it all. Though I didn't apply for the NNPC recruitment, give those so called GMD NNPC and Group General Manager, Public Affairs Division of the NNPC an aptitude test subjecting them to the same conditions they subjected those candidates, I doubt they will live up to expectation.

I sat for the test & by God's grace i passed, but not that i am better than others that didn't make it. I was also at their interview, and i saw some unworthy people working there at their so called headquarters...NNPC and the Mgt are shameless to utter such an unscrupulous...and hasty statement...anyway, i wouldn't blame the fools for ripping our national wealth meant for the good of all of us.

I am just waiting for their results to be out cos i answered the three questions they asked me more than correctly, it was also on ordinary physics & maths. They should learn from NLNG , they are the best company in Nigeria as far as aptitude test conducting is concerned, and it is because its been handled by SHL a UK Co.

finally, we need to respond to that fool's speech on a national daily...Please how do we go about it? any editor or relation to an editor of a any national daily, kindly contact me pls...i also want to be running a column on dailies to tackle issues like this through short satirical stories and drama. Foolish people, will they employ the few that passed at the end? Idiots, thats why i hate to hear people say: founding fathers of Nigeria...we have no founding fathers, we have dubious and unworthy fathers who landed this nation into the so many predicaments we are facing viz.- poor educational policy implementation, poverty, unemployment, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jobfront View Post
    I sat for the test & by God's grace i passed, but not that i am better than others that didn't make it. I was also at their interview, and i saw some unworthy people working there at their so called headquarters...NNPC and the Mgt are shameless to utter such an unscrupulous...and hasty statement...anyway, i wouldn't blame the fools for ripping our national wealth meant for the good of all of us.

I am just waiting for their results to be out cos i answered the three questions they asked me more than correctly, it was also on ordinary physics & maths. They should learn from NLNG , they are the best company in Nigeria as far as aptitude test conducting is concerned, and it is because its been handled by SHL a UK Co.

finally, we need to respond to that fool's speech on a national daily...Please how do we go about it? any editor or relation to an editor of a any national daily, kindly contact me pls...i also want to be running a column on dailies to tackle issues like this through short satirical stories and drama. Foolish people, will they employ the few that passed at the end? Idiots, thats why i hate to hear people say: founding fathers of Nigeria...we have no founding fathers, we have dubious and unworthy fathers who landed this nation into the so many predicaments we are facing viz.- poor educational policy implementation, poverty, unemployment, etc.
    U spoke my mind. Enough is enough for all these men that benefited from the good educational system of the past and even got a job as they were graduating without writing aptitude test. They should stop castigating us. In my view we are more intelligent than they are.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast