+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Topic: I love NNPC!!!

I love NNPC!!!

Dear all,

I am really disappointed with some of the comments/remarks made concerning the ongoing NNPC recruitment. One cannot but think that most Nigerian youths are still unaware of the current situation in our nation. I have been personally motivated to correct some mindsets by posting this message.

If you were shortlisted to write the aptitude test in a city of your choice congrats, but if that is not the case, do not complain and be bothered about it. The inconvenience, money, and time is worth it. Come to think of it, how does NYSC do their enlisting? Enlisted corps members regardless of the state, obey the clarion call and complete the scheme. Comparing both cases, NNPC is giving you a permanent and enjoyable placement, which is far from what NYSC provides. Dont forget to ask yourself this question--- "What if I wasnt shortlisted?".

Furthermore, writing the aptitude test in your bedroom/comfort zone is not a guarantee that you will be invited for the 2nd stage. So wake up and ask the right questions!!!! By the way, two of my pals are coming from outside Nigeria to do the test (UK and Norway).

Secondly, it is not our fault that the tests for NNPC and PTDF are on the same day. My candid advice for those shortlisted by both parastatals is that you weigh your options before making your final decision. Do not mind those comparing an M.Sc. with a job, you cant. It all depends on what you want and how you want to pursue your career. NNPC in conjuction with their partner IOCs send deserving employees abroad for a 2nd degree. On the other hand, knowledgeable guys with 2nd degrees get good jobs anytime available. People always say a job is better than a 2nd degree, in the case of Nigeria. "No be so all the time oooo". Ask past and present ExxonMobil/TEPNG/SPDC/ENI/PTDF scholars, before making the decision. Lest I forget, inquire from workers too. Look before you leap. If it is possible, see how you can prepare for and write both tests the same day. "E worth am die".

Now that you NNPC is interested in you, invoke the "Gauss-Laplace Job Hunting Theory"-- Know what to prepare for, manage your time, and PREPARE. Apply it as if, they only want 1 person to fill the position and 10,000 people are qualified. The die is cast.

If at the end of the shortlisting, you were not invited dont panic or be dismayed. Try to see what went wrong in your application process. If it is your fault, correct it. If not, its one of those thingy. Another great one is coming your way, the 2011 recruitment year just started.

Good luck to all. All the best.

Ceejayblast!!
    leggie, Nalish, Emem Anne and 1 others like this.

Re: I love NNPC!!!

beautiful my dear brother

Good one my brother, I love that piece. Well said.

Makes Sense!
    Thumbs Up Bro!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

beautiful post Calbcj

Well composed info. Bigup to U.

Tnx bro. But i just pray PTDF postpones. Moreover come to luk at it, i think they are trying to filter the number of persons writing the test by moving it to clash with NNPC.

@bluesaint, that will be bad of them if it was a ploy to reduce the numbers of candidates. i think its a coincidence. BTW I was fortunate enough to be shortlisted by the two

tank u all, am always at ur service.... JESUS Army, omoyoshina, dagunro, skonda, futurepresident, bluesaint

@JESUS Army, keep up d good work... much appreciated

@bluesaint, conspiracy theory?! rotfl, dont tink so....

@mangohead, congrats on ur double IVs, i agree with u concerning d supposed "ploy"... lol

well said @calebcj, but you shouldn't be disappointed at other people's comment, everyone has a right to his/her opinion. The fact that one applied for a job and gave a test centre preference means it should be taken into consideration. NNPC did not do well to throw people around the country just for the sake of writing a test.
    You talked about NYSC, at least you know it's about answering a clarion call - that's very different from this. This is just a mere job test, and it's not worth all the hassles of travelling considering the bad state of Nigerian roads.

It was on this same forum someone talked of having an accident when he travelled for the 2008 recruitment test which never saw the light of day.

Let us be factual in our judgements and not feel all emotional just because we have been invited for an aptitude test that we know not where it is headed.

nice one.people should weigh the two and apply elimination by substitution

Thank you Calebcj for that amazing and inspiring write-up! You are very right 1000%. You should seriously consider a career in motivational speaking!

nice one brother

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast