+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Topic: How to pass dragnet aptitude test

Re: How to pass dragnet aptitude test

Quote Originally Posted by geejay View Post
    i have written shl test four times and i passed three times. The one i actually think i failed was the first one (which i didn't just see the result)

to get their verbal reasoning (also dragnet's), train yourself on how to extract information from a very short passage without necessarily having to read through the passage.
    The way i do it is simple:
    (1) i read the question first.
    (2) pick the key word in the question.
    (3) quickly search for the keyword in the passage.
    (4) read the sentence that contains the key word. Try to understand the sentence at one reading.

Look, after writing the tests, i could not narrate any story in any of the passages. That proved to me that i wasn't really reading the passages.

On the numerical,
    (1) quickly study the chart(s). Identifying the title, x-axis and y-axis (this is very important). If you do not do this, you will always be confused on which chart to use, or the information the chart is giving. Trust me this will waste a lot of your time. The moment you are familiar with the charts, no question related to the chart will take you up to 15 seconds to tackle.
    (2) read the question and identify which chart to use. If the chart is already specified for you, go to the next step.
    (3) note (in your mind) what is required. Mind you, hardly will you see a staight-forward question. You will need to know how to use your percentage very well and very fast, utilising all short cuts available to you. For example, if an item is reduced by 5% and you are asked to get the current value, you don't have to be doing all the plus and minus there. Just multiply original value by 95%; if it was increased by 5%, multiply original by 105%.
    - know multiples of 2, 5 and 10 very well, such that you can handle them without calculator.
    - if you are asked to bring calculator, used a good scientific calculator.
    - if they provide ordinary (simple) calculator for you (not scientific) minimise rate of using it because it waste so much time. Your head works faster than simple calculator, believe me.
    - if it is online and you are asked to use calculator inside the pc; you have got a leverage. This is the best calculator i have ever used, especially if the os is windows 7. Just open the calculator and convert it to sciencific, and check 'history' (click on 'view menu'>'scientific', click on 'edit menu'>'history'). Do not close the calculator until you finish the entire test. This will help you to go back to previous calculations and still use them or view their answers.
    (4) answer the less verbose questions first. It takes time to even read the questions; therefore, avoid read and jump. Any question that is more than three lines shoud be jump and be tackled later.
    (5) learn how to combine two information coming from two different charts. Most of the questions are designed in that form.
    geejay god bless you, thanks so much for these tips, although sometimes i try to follow it cos had read of it before but dont stickto it cos though it a waste of time to be searching for woerds without reading the passage but mostimes i scanthru the passage first then read the questions so that iwill be able to know where to find the key words. But nothwithstanding, i have nnpc/esso exam to write but dont know when yet. I will employ it fully and with gods help i will make it.

Once again tanx for the tips.

Will they actually allow us to use the calculator in the computer.

VERBAL REASONING EXPO§E

Prefix to say, that reasoning is ONLY LOGICAL, Suffix to hear it follows RULES.
    Affix to mind todo a logical SEARCH, MATCH & REPLACEMENT for all STATEMENT options against their ARGUMENTS in the PASSAGE.
    Here are the rules:
    A TRUE statement is a LOGICAL EXPRESSION passing through the main point(s) in (CONTEXT , CONTENT) void of IMPRESSION and devoid of DIGRESSION.

EXPLANATION/INTERPRETATION:
    EXPRESSIONS can either:
    QUANTIFY using( all, not, only, some, most, many, much, few, total, average, between x-y; range, percent, numbers, sectors,fractions etc )
    QUALIFY using( about, above, over, since, during, before, after, etc )
    NEGATE(no not, nor, double-= +ve)
    AGGREGATE( gross, score, dozen)
    TIME(millennium, century, decade)
    on arguments.
    IMPRESSION-Sentiments sparked on Readers mind based on writer's or question style(organization i.e a blend of facts & inferences to incite readers to jump into conclusion).
    DIGRESSION-Emotions as dictated by the writer's tone or undertone( opinions about the subject i.e praising or blaming the subject matter to stimulate readers.)

VERBAL REASONING EXPO§E
    Affix to mind todo a logical SEARCH, MATCH & REPLACEMENT for all STATEMENT options against their ARGUMENTS in the PASSAGE.
    Here are the rules:
    A TRUE statement is a LOGICAL EXPRESSION passing through the main point(s) in (CONTEXT , CONTENT) void of IMPRESSION and devoid of DIGRESSION.

EXPRESSIONS can either:
    QUANTIFY using( all, not, only, some, most, many, much, few, total, average, between x-y; range, percent, numbers, sectors,fractions etc )
    on arguments.
    IMPRESSION-Sentiments sparked on Readers mind based on writer's or question style(organization i.e a blend of facts & inferences to incite readers to jump into conclusion).
    DIGRESSION-Emotions as dictated by the writer's tone or undertone( opinions about the subject i.e praising or blaming the subject matter to stimulate readers.)

Pls can u send me a copy of d dragnet past questions. My email is [email protected]

Bayus. If u dn get am abeg forward am 2 ma box tanks. [email protected]

I also need dragnet questions. My e-mail is: [email protected]. Tanx!

Quote Originally Posted by iOS View Post
    VERBAL REASONING EXPO§E
    Here are the rules:

EXPRESSIONS can either:
    on arguments.
    hello please i am expecting your reply, i will remain very gratefull

Companies wishing to increase their growing pace occasionally use the method of franchising which provides a new owner with the permit to use their business identity and in return to purchase products exclusively from the company. However most companies will aim to minimise the use of this method and often prefer the expansion of the companies' own branches. Companies who have previously used franchising learnt the essential need to monitor the business operation of the franchised branch. Difficulties arise from franchisees and companies disagreeing on business policies such as customer care, service delivery efficiency and quality of human interaction. Inadequate attention to the monitoring of franchisees on the part of the companies is typically the cause of subsequent problems.

1. Service delivery efficiency has reduced companies' will to franchise.
    2. Supervisors should monitor employees' e-mail accounts to minimise the leak of exclusive information.
    3. If salary cuts and permanent dismissals are possible punitive actions employers can take, then they may be used to punish employee inattention to the e-mail content regulation.

Employees working within organizations have a legislative obligation to monitor the content of e-mails sent to external bodies and to eliminate potentially sensitive internal information regardless of the perceived importance of that information. To guarantee that employees fulfil their legislative obligation and to prevent the possible leak of exclusive information, employers have prepared mandatory contracts stipulating this responsibility to be signed by all employees and additionally, inserted a copyright section to every external e-mail that emphasizes the confidentiality of the information provided. Employee's carelessness in handling information circulated via email may result in serious punitive actions.

1. Supervisors should monitor employees' e-mail accounts to minimise the leak of exclusive information.
    2. If salary cuts and permanent dismissals are possible punitive actions employers can take, then they may be used to punish employee inattention to the e-mail content regulation.

Verbal Reasoning1
    Attached Files Attached Files

please anyone with dragnet past questions and answers, pls mail me [email protected].
    thanks

Guys, i saw a site offering free copies of DRAGNET PAST QUESTIONS AND EXPLAINED SOLUTIONS. Just send a blank mail with subject DRAGNET PAST QUESTION to [email protected] and you will immediately get your copies

Guys, i saw a site offering free copies of DRAGNET PAST QUESTIONS AND EXPLAINED SOLUTIONS. Just send a blank mail with subject DRAGNET PAST QUESTION to [email protected] and you will immediately get your copies
    Get copies of Dragnet Past Questions and Answers with Detailed Explanations
    www.livescore.com

+ Reply
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast