+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Topic: HELP GUYS! MSC in HERIOT WATT VERSUS ROBERT GORDON

Re: HELP GUYS! MSC in HERIOT WATT VERSUS ROBERT GORDON

Congrats,

Buti still imagine why u will be comparing RGU to Heriot-Watt? No basis for comparism.

Let the truth be told.

RGU is good for the name and industry feeling. All major oil companies relate with RGU including SPDC. So u get a big name feeling.

But mind u, RGU is for people who are professionals in diff segments of Oil and Gas, so if u work in Schlumberger Anadril, u then can study MSC Drilling and Wells Eng.

Coming to graduate quality, HW beats RGU, course content wise HW beats RGU.

For ur information and for those who dont know, MSC Oil and Gas is no where close to Pet Eng content. Dont be decieved by 'Oil and Gas' title. Always learn to look at course content.

In UK only 2 schools are recognized for Pet Eng (Imperial and Heriot W.)

So throw RGU in d waste can and go to HW.

I am talking from experience, i work in the Oil industry, schooling via distance learning at Heriot (Pet Eng) while my girl friend recently graduate from RGU(Oil and Gas).

U cant imagine, no reservoir in RGU oil and gas.

Anyway if u want cheap and easy thing then go to RGU.

Best of luck.
    Triple-C likes this.

tj

kuns4real,pls and pls can u call me on 08060484030 and use some seconds to let me know that u are the one and i will call u back immediately or sent text to me or u can email ur email me at : [email protected].
    I will like to discurse issues with u since u have started ur Distance learning programme with HW.I am about to start mine in september 2011 as a Distance learner as well in HW ,to study safety Risk AND Reliability engineering.Already hold an unconditional offer.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

cheers.

Heriot Watt is the best, U can neva compare it with RG. The only skool Heriot Watt is competing with is Imperial college.
    RG is a common school. Pls go for HW

the university you attended does not really matter copared to your abilitis and your foresight. I finished from a UK university, while my twin brother went to Heriot-watt, I have a lot of friends that finished from aberdeen, RGU, CAS and so on.... non of these is a gquarantee to success nor employment.... from the basis of mere human judgement, environmental friendlingness, and university ranking I would suggest Herriot-watt to you as RGU is only popular in Oil and gas and amongst Nigerians, while Herriot-Watt is well popular in all courses including petroleum and engineering.
    pita

I suggest you go for Heriott Watt since it's Petroleum Engineering....Getting a job is not determined by the school but on your ability to get one through God's grace.
    I studied Oil and Gas in RGU...so far so good.RGU will favour you if you have job experience.It's a good course no doubt except that you have so many nigerians on it.
    Another thing you might put into consideration is to study in line with your first degree, it will go a long way to boosting your career...

I schooled in the UK bro. Herriot Watt is definitely the best!.....forget RGU. Oil and Gas firms like Exxonmobil, Statoil Hydro, Shell etc go straight to Herriot Watt & Imperial for recruitments

Guyz if u in Heriot Watt or have studied there or close, please can we talk more on life and challenges in school! if possible having ur email addy would be the bomb.

Thanks guys for your sincere responses so far. more is welcomed.

Oil and gas engineering is the same as petroleum engineering when it comes to employment or meaning of the two words. Which ever you choose between the two, your getting any thing reasonable after your degree depends on what you acquire from your studies be it harriot or others

Congrats man!!!

Head on straight for HW instead of RGU, because the later lives in a past glory. I schooled in the UK and am still based here so I know what I am talking about. More so, the Nigerian population in RGU doesn't make it as attractive as it used to be to employers in Nigeria anymore. Quote me anywhere, Nigerians population in the said department of RGU has been in the range of 70-85% for some years now, in fact, the department is now like for PTDF scholars from Nigeria. HW to me, is a better option and even the course.

I stand to be corrected please.
    phelix24 likes this.

what RGU offers is not d same as petroleum engineering especially if u did pet eng as a first degree. u will find u r basically learning d course from scratch but if u did petroleum engineering as a first degree,i will advise u go for HW.I hear Imperial college only take first class pet eng students but HW considers 2.1

wow! THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOOO much for ya'all responses. From the polls taken on this thread, all roads will lead to HW by september
    phelix24 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Obogho View Post
    Congrats man!!!

Head on straight for HW instead of RGU, because the later lives in a past glory. I schooled in the UK and am still based here so I know what I am talking about. More so, the Nigerian population in RGU doesn't make it as attractive as it used to be to employers in Nigeria anymore. Quote me anywhere, Nigerians population in the said department of RGU has been in the range of 70-85% for some years now, in fact, the department is now like for PTDF scholars from Nigeria. HW to me, is a better option and even the course.

I stand to be corrected please.
    RGU (Energy center) has barely over 40% not 75% as you claim. HW (Institute of Pet Engr) used to be Nigerian free but now has more than 50% Nigerians just like most big schools in the UK. HW trains you more for a PHD. RGU trains you for the industry.. so you decide. A good way to check is to view their lecture notes, course works and exams. HW is mostly about exams cramming and pouring. If you are good at that the HW is good. Also for core petroleum engineering, HW is your bet. they are next to imperial in that. RGU is for people that wants to be professionals. Their course works are real life industry challenges. though there are not friendly with core petroleum (reservoir engineering) they have a course Petroleum Production Engineering that is the best in the world. so if you want to be a petroleum technologist, production engr, performance engr... go for RGU.

So you can see. Its up to you because you alone know what you want

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12